Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Don't get your panties in a twist Panther... the date was pushed back so that they could make the album better now; rather than releasing it and then re-releasing it with additional tracks later. They are striving to release all the "additional 'bonus' tracks" with the first release. This is gonna be great!

Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Don't get your panties in a twist Panther... the date was pushed back so that they could make the album better now; rather than releasing it and then re-releasing it with additional tracks later. They are striving to release all the "additional 'bonus' tracks" with the first release. This is gonna be great!
I honestly hope that you are right, seriously, but I can't see it that way. I was really looking forward to this album because it felt to me as though Alizee really had something that she wanted to say and would express it through the music. That may still be the case but whatever the motivation, all these delays and faffing around will mean a loss of momentum, a loss of the energy that inspired the album in the first place. It's bad enough working with a bunch of session musicians who have no real stake in the work, other than wages, but when the songs are stitched together over a long period of time it is bound to have an effect on the overall feel of the tracks. I believe this is precisely what happened with this latest single. It just doesn't hang together, it lacks cohesiveness. You can actually hear all the overdubs and drop-ins and it sounds fragmented because it was made that way. It's such a shame because it wouldn't take much to improve it, a lot. Just someone who cares enough. That fact that the producer of that single was happy for it to be released in that state does not bode well for the rest of the album.

I honestly don't think the reason for all these delays is about 'getting it right' I think it has much more to do with a lack of someone to push it forward.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I honestly hope that you are right, seriously, but I can't see it that way. I was really looking forward to this album because it felt to me as though Alizee really had something that she wanted to say and would express it through the music. That may still be the case but whatever the motivation, all these delays and faffing around will mean a loss of momentum, a loss of the energy that inspired the album in the first place. It's bad enough working with a bunch of session musicians who have no real stake in the work, other than wages, but when the songs are stitched together over a long period of time it is bound to have an effect on the overall feel of the tracks. I believe this is precisely what happened with this latest single. It just doesn't hang together, it lacks cohesiveness. You can actually hear all the overdubs and drop-ins and it sounds fragmented because it was made that way. It's such a shame because it wouldn't take much to improve it, a lot. Just someone who cares enough. That fact that the producer of that single was happy for it to be released in that state does not bode well for the rest of the album.

I honestly don't think the reason for all these delays is about 'getting it right' I think it has much more to do with a lack of someone to push it forward.
I have a feeling you may be right here, but like everyone on AAm I have hope as well, that it will be alright in the end.

I know these news of the release date being pushed back are irritating, but we shouldn't forget that UEDS was pushed back several times as well, if I remember right, it was expected before 2010 even, but was released in March of that year. It happens, for good or bad reasons, but it happens. Until then, we have a single to listen to and a music video coming soon, as well as everything between Gourmandises and UEDS, we'll be alright

Last edited by Fall; 09-04-2012 at 05:59 PM..
Old 09-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

The world is not going to end because Alizée's album release date was pushed back!

There is no need to stock up on non-perishables and hide in a shelter. You can relax!.... breathe!

Old 09-04-2012, 07:24 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

What this isn't one of those situations where being a Doomsday Prepper isn't being prudent?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I wish I had your faith Scruffy but I'm afraid I can't see this as anything other than a 'back-burner' project that no one involved with is particularly bothered about. The whole thing is all just too piecemeal to be taken seriously. The shoddily put together single appeared virtually out of nowhere with naff all publicity alongside the promise of a collectors edition album promised for September but not delivered. Even the official photograph for the single is terrible - and I'm talking about the Hi-res version that was posted on AF. Then we had the promise of a video to accompany the single in August, which we saw being made but has not transpired. And now we are told 'a few weeks' yet the collectors edition is now due to be shipped in December? The only reason for all these delays that I can think of is that they are waiting for specific musicians to lay down certain tracks and those people are otherwise engaged or maybe on holiday? Either way they are not too bothered about appearing on this album and the whole fiasco smacks of poor planning and a general lack of overall management. It all just feels a bit third rate to me - Sony or no Sony
I really don't believe they believe in back burner projects. They're a big business. They have a lot of artists to deal with and though one person at that firm might be beguiled by the beauty of a certain beautiful young French woman, I'm sure there are several persons involved, and now that it's delayed, those people have other people to answer to and so more people are involved. If they saw little hope, they will drop this like a hot potato. There are people there who could damage their careers if they recommend Sony continues with this album and it flops. For Sony to continue, shows they have faith in her.

I think part of the problem is Alizee has a certain voice range and in that range it's a very beautiful voice. But it's not a range like Nolwenn has. There are numerous songs you could give her to sing and Nolwenn could belt most of them out. With Alizee's range, I believe with writing songs for her, it's more trial and error. MF and LB could do it so easily, but I think it is a much more difficult range for your average song writer to write for.

I think that's partly what we're seeing here. They wrote so many songs for her. They recorded them and found some just aren't good for her and as they work with her, they will better know what will work for her and there will be more songs written and like I said, they would not go through this process if they didn't think it'd be worth it.

As far as waiting for othe musicians to lay down tracks, this is Sony we're talking about. You're not going to jerk them around the way that CM jerked Alizee around with her last album.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
and like I said, they would not go through this process if they didn't think it'd be worth it.
this is really all the can be said until the album releases, and this is a positive thing. If you were going to get a lackluster album and video, Sony would make sure you didn't. They trust her, she trusts them, and we as fans should trust both of them....

USA! USA! USA!

Sorry, watching DNC
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
....when the songs are stitched together over a long period of time it is bound to have an effect on the overall feel of the tracks. I believe this is precisely what happened with this latest single. It just doesn't hang together, it lacks cohesiveness. You can actually hear all the overdubs and drop-ins and it sounds fragmented because it was made that way. It's such a shame because it wouldn't take much to improve it, a lot. Just someone who cares enough. That fact that the producer of that single was happy for it to be released in that state does not bode well for the rest of the album.....
I have to agree that the first single sounded like whomever was responsible for putting it together did a inadequate job. After the first single got released the fans said so. This could be what Alizée needed to get better edits for some of the remaining songs (who knows, maybe even the the guy doing the edits was replaced).

It's funny what you can tell from a photo. I got a clear sense that things were not going perfectly in the studio (I don't know why but the attitude of a couple of the people simply seemed "off"). Nothing to base this on, just a hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I really don't believe they believe in back burner projects. They're a big business. They have a lot of artists to deal with and though one person at that firm might be beguiled by the beauty of a certain beautiful young French woman, I'm sure there are several persons involved, and now that it's delayed, those people have other people to answer to and so more people are involved. If they saw little hope, they will drop this like a hot potato. There are people there who could damage their careers if they recommend Sony continues with this album and it flops. For Sony to continue, shows they have faith in her.

I think part of the problem is Alizee has a certain voice range and in that range it's a very beautiful voice. But it's not a range like Nolwenn has. There are numerous songs you could give her to sing and Nolwenn could belt most of them out. With Alizee's range, I believe with writing songs for her, it's more trial and error. MF and LB could do it so easily, but I think it is a much more difficult range for your average song writer to write for.

I think that's partly what we're seeing here. They wrote so many songs for her. They recorded them and found some just aren't good for her and as they work with her, they will better know what will work for her and there will be more songs written and like I said, they would not go through this process if they didn't think it'd be worth it....
Scruffy, I agree completely with you. Alizée's voice can be very difficult sometimes. When she gets a song that works well with her vioce she sounds amazing. However, when se doesn't, she can actually sound amateurish.

What is so interesting about her voice is that even the type of song can have an effect. For example, a loud song set in an area of her range that needs soft music will end up not sounding nearly as good as it might if they moved the music to a different chord, or simply picked a different song.

The song with AC is a good example of how they used the full range of her voice to produce a nice product.

If I had to guess a reason for the delay, this would be it: Collectively they finally realized that they simply had more work to do. Initially they might have been hesitant, but after hearing feedback on the first song they were convinced.

If this is the reason for the delay then I am delighted. It means we have a much better shot at getting a very good album this time - and with it a much better chance of getting another album after this one.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I think Jenifer and Shy'm are about to release their albums as well. Maybe, Sony just decided it's not a good idea to have Alizee compete with them at this time. Whatever the reason is, I think it's a good idea for them to take their time to make sure they'll put out a great product.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
If I had to guess a reason for the delay, this would be it: Collectively they finally realized that they simply had more work to do. Initially they might have been hesitant, but after hearing feedback on the first song they were convinced.
or they slept the whole time, and now realized summer is gone and now its burning under their ass...

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...