Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
So an emotionally unstable person issuing threats should get preferential or equal treatment to the one under attack?

It sounds like you are automatically referring to the victim as a troll. If somebody is fragile and reckless enough to react with threats in a forum they likely shouldn't have been there to begin with.

In the past I've compared users like that to a husband who proclaims his love for his wife every day then gets drunk one night and beats her unconscious. The next day he apologizes and buys her jewelry but the cycle never stops. A few members are still around here simply because some think all their expressed "love" or past contributions excuse them from any offenses.
Im not taking anyone's side here HelixSix let me make that clear ... but in Wasabi's defense he is just asking questions, dont lash out on him for it.
Also this member we shall not mention does push buttons .... mine very easily as well

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 12-18-2011, 11:41 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
However, that was not the case at all. Let's not forget there were three parties invloved here. It's more like one man was expressing his love or admiration towards a woman and here comes another woman insulting him, telling him to stop expressing his love for her and calling him creepy or some other names.
Yes and the third party was banned for over reacting and threatening the second party, the second asking the first to be a little more realistic about things in life.

It is actually kinda creepy how some people are on these fan sites I will agree with that.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Im not taking anyone's side here HelixSix let me make that clear ... but in Wasabi's defense he is just asking questions, dont lash out on him for it.
Also this member we shall not mention does push buttons .... mine very easily as well
I'll take sides. AND mention names.

Any new members, make your time here more pleasant: Put euphoria and Jung_Adore_Alizee on your ignore list.

They are trolls who live to get a rise out of fans of Alizee. Don't read their tripe or respond to it.

Moderators, please consider banning them, they make this board a negative place to be sometimes.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 12-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I've had my bait of people justifying crazy insults with "Well, so-and-so started it". Don't get me wrong, I have no personal qualms with anyone on this forum and I don't favor anybody either. The way I see it, almost every time a thread gets out of hand and comes to personal blows, it's not because of one person expressing their opinion in a hurtful way - it's because of everyone else's reaction to it. Is telling someone they are creepy or pathetic for being a (sometimes overly) devoted fan of Alizee uncalled for? Of course. But that's on the accuser's conscience. When anybody posts something mean or out-of-line, there is no need to type out an essay about why you think they're a bad person or bombard them with swearing and MORE insults - that's probably what everybody's thinking anyway. If a member posts something calling another member out, it pretty much goes without saying that they're acting mean. WHY make it worse by adding even more negativity to the situation?

It was unfortunate that Rob was banned. I was sad to see him go and I'd be sad to see any of you guys go as well. Next time you encounter someone on these forums who says something provocative, PLEASE think: "Is it necessary to respond to this, or have they made themselves look like enough of a jerk? If I flip out on them, will it make me look just as bad?"

You have to forgive and forget people like that - not for their good, but for yours. That's you, taking care of you.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 12-18-2011 at 03:47 PM..
Old 12-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Azhiri, and I would add that it is probably not a very good idea to start a public thread for the purposes of discussing a member or former member. Such discussions are better left private through PM's. I understand someone being curious about what happened, but again, I think it is better to keep it private rather than public. I don't think too many of us would appreciate a public discussion going on about us without having the ability to respond, and it just creates a situation that could escalate into another incident.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I've had my bait of people justifying crazy insults with "Well, so-and-so started it". Don't get me wrong, I have no personal qualms with anyone on this forum and I don't favor anybody either. The way I see it, almost every time a thread gets out of hand and comes to personal blows, it's not because of one person expressing their opinion in a hurtful way - it's because of everyone else's reaction to it. Is telling someone they are creepy or pathetic for being a (sometimes overly) devoted fan of Alizee uncalled for? Of course. But that's on the accuser's conscience. When anybody posts something mean or out-of-line, there is no need to type out an essay about why you think they're a bad person or bombard them with swearing and MORE insults - that's probably what everybody's thinking anyway. If a member posts something calling another member out, it pretty much goes without saying that they're acting mean. WHY make it worse by adding even more negativity to the situation?

It was unfortunate that Rob was banned. I was sad to see him go and I'd be sad to see any of you guys go as well. Next time you encounter someone on these forums who says something provocative, PLEASE think: "Is it necessary to respond to this, or have they made themselves look like enough of a jerk? If I flip out on them, will it make me look just as bad?"

You have to forgive and forget people like that - not for their good, but for yours. That's you, taking care of you.
I dont know if I agree with you; if you dont call the person out on it, it makes them think this kind of behavior is ok when clearly it should not be tolerated. I think the reason they continue to do it is becuase not enough people stand up to them and call them out! It is is like a misbehaving child, sometimes ignoring is not the best solution becuase they will continue to make the same mistake over and over again until they are disciplined. Obviously if a person continues to be "a jerk" which based on your post I think you agree; obviously something should be done and this person should be dealt with accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I agree with Azhiri, and I would add that it is probably not a very good idea to start a public thread for the purposes of discussing a member or former member. Such discussions are better left private through PM's. I understand someone being curious about what happened, but again, I think it is better to keep it private rather than public. I don't think too many of us would appreciate a public discussion going on about us without having the ability to respond, and it just creates a situation that could escalate into another incident.
I do agree here, this should be kept more private!~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 12-18-2011 at 04:15 PM..
Old 12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW anyone can feel free to ignore me, or anyone else for that matter, as I'm not here to make everyone or anyone happy. I am here to say it as I see it, and I have no intention of sugar coating anything.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
I'll take sides. AND mention names.

Any new members, make your time here more pleasant: Put euphoria and Jung_Adore_Alizee on your ignore list.

They are trolls who live to get a rise out of fans of Alizee. Don't read their tripe or respond to it.

Moderators, please consider banning them, they make this board a negative place to be sometimes.
I have to say that is completely false. I've disagreed with both of them at some point but there is no way I'd even consider them as trolls. If I was a mod I'd be more skeptical of you, especially for defaming both of them.

So, to any new members I suggest disregarding what severianb says. Make up your own mind as you would normally.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I have to say that is completely false. I've disagreed with both of them at some point but there is no way I'd even consider them as trolls. If I was a mod I'd be more skeptical of you, especially for defaming both of them.

So, to any new members I suggest disregarding what severianb says. Make up your own mind as you would normally.
I don't consider them trolls either to be completely honest. I just think that the majority of the members here are kind people, so the few who state their opinion in a not-so-nice way or decide to call things the way they see them seem like jerks in comparison.

And sure, if you have a problem with the way they act or something they say, you should let them know, but PM is the better way to do so if you really have to step in. But there's a point that it becomes clear that doing so is just not going to work in some cases. People have lashed out and derailed how many threads now? After the first few times they've been "warned" and they still continue with their behavior, to me that shows they aren't going to change.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 12-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Severian, bro, as much as I feel where you're coming from I'd hardly call either one of them trolls regardless of my opinions of them.

They just post different ideas presented in a different 'language' than we're used to seeing from the rest of this site's registered users.

I'd prefer you call them assholes, if that even, but not trolls.

Euphoria and Jung actually believe and stand by what they say, like it or not. A proper troll would just say shit to make you mad, and more importantly, a proper troll would target a larger group of people than the 30 or so people who post here regularly.