Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default Commerical Space Flights

http://autos.aol.com/article/virgin-...vss-enterprise

this is a amazing huh?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 12-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

that's pretty cool I read about this once before, but one thing I still wonder is... how safe is it?

---------------------------------------------------

Old 12-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Merci Alizée

Safety would have been one of the major issues for such flights and in these coming two years their main focus would be on this aspect. Although it would some years to these flights become affordable to common people, but its very good. Now we would see people setting all sorts of records in these flights
Old 12-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Safety would have been one of the major issues for such flights and in these coming two years their main focus would be on this aspect. Although it would some years to these flights become affordable to common people, but its very good. Now we would see people setting all sorts of records in these flights
yea it is supposed to start in 2 yrs but I imagine it will be very expensive and only for the rich. It will probably be decades before this is made into a thing for the average joe.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
yea it is supposed to start in 2 yrs but I imagine it will be very expensive and only for the rich. It will probably be decades before this is made into a thing for the average joe.
That's why I said that I would be mostly a record setting trip of various kinds during initial years i.e. rich people getting married, oraganising events in these flights which will always get it into the news. After that some day would come that it would be available to average people and there will be not such interest in mentioning about this.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

This is pure fantasy, we will never see common people on commercial space flights due to the expense, the training they would have to go through to adjust to the atmospheric condtions, and the threat on world security if space terrorism is attempted. We would see flying cars before seeing commercial space flights and even that is slim to none.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Villa View Post
This is pure fantasy, we will never see common people on commercial space flights due to the expense, the training they would have to go through to adjust to the atmospheric condtions, and the threat on world security if space terrorism is attempted. We would see flying cars before seeing commercial space flights and even that is slim to none.
Actually thats not true. Commercial space flights allows for higher speed of travel allowing for a flight from New York to Tokyo be made in less than 2 hours. Commercial space flight are closer to the public than you think, just not in terms of entertainment purposes as the one I posted, but as a mode of transportation. People would not need training to adjust to atmospheric conditions and artificial gravity can be made for the comfort of the passengers via centrifuge. The threats of terrorism would be no greater than it is today with the regular aviation industry.
Companys like Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Airbus (the big 3 in the aerospace industry), are working out solutions to make commerical space flight affordable for the public. This what they in-vision as the future for travel.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Villa View Post
I don't know about that buddy. I'm sure that's what everyone said back when commercial airplanes were becoming more common, though I agree with you in the sense that it'll be expensive as hell, and probably not for a bit.

As for the threat of terrorism, anything is vulnerable to a terrorist attack. So to limit something due to a potential terrorist attack would be pointless.

Though I'd love to have a flying car!(Back to the Future ftw!!! ) I think that commerical flights to space would come first. Mainly because flying cars means that driving laws would have to be changed, roads would probably have to be modified, special gas/recharge stations for the flying cars have to be developed, and I'm guess that once cars stars flying, it'll be havoc to have both flying and nonflying cars traveling around together. Everything that I just said would have to become very commonplace.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I don't know about that buddy. I'm sure that's what everyone said back when commercial airplanes were becoming more common, though I agree with you in the sense that it'll be expensive as hell, and probably not for a bit.

As for the threat of terrorism, anything is vulnerable to a terrorist attack. So to limit something due to a potential terrorist attack would be pointless.

Though I'd love to have a flying car!(Back to the Future ftw!!! ) I think that commerical flights to space would come first. Mainly because flying cars means that driving laws would have to be changed, roads would probably have to be modified, special gas/recharge stations for the flying cars have to be developed, and I'm guess that once cars stars flying, it'll be havoc to have both flying and nonflying cars traveling around together. Everything that I just said would have to become very commonplace.
I agree wasab. Also there really isn't a need for fllying cars, helicopters or private jets fill the role just fine

Old 01-03-2010, 04:16 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

I don't know; the Concorde had a maximum speed of Mach 2.2 (~ 1,450 mph) & a ceiling of 60,000 feet; great at cruising at 56,000 @ 2.02. Then there was the Tupolev Tu-144; ceiling @ 59,000 with a maximum speed of Mach 2.35 (~1,550 mph). Both of those are retired already due to expenses and the overall aeronautical difficulties associated.

Of course, I'm still mighty impressed with the record of the SR-71 "Blackbird." It has a ceiling of 85,000 feet with a max speed gauged @ Mach 3.2+ (~2,200 mph). But still...to have an aircraft going like the X-15 carrying a bunch of passengers does seem rather exotic. The X-15 could get up to 4,500 mph and got to 67 miles in altitude. Two more years, huh?

Personally, I think it's the elites' way of ducking out on that Mayan prophecy of 2012. You pay your $ 200,000 and take off; so far so good. But what are they going to do when they try to land and there ain't no more planet? Figure that one out hot shots.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 01-03-2010 at 04:31 AM..