Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
I understand your point, wasabi, but this version makes me want to go to the beach. And look at the footage from the Mexican concert, I honestly don't think she is having nearly as much fun as the French tour. That J'en Ai Marre ! And J'ai Pas Vingt Ans ! Are much more fun to watch than the Mexican ones. Like a party. Still think it's funny she sang JPVA at the Mexican tour.
Those concerts... well, they were definitely a change.

They just didn't seem to garner as much overall attention. From what I know, they were hardly, if at all televised, unless you count her performance in the Mexican tv show.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Well, here's the "newer" version of J'en Ai Marre.
(This video is still moderately sad to me.. )
Well yeah and I still loved it... though I understand your point..she doesnt seem as interactive maybe this album will turn that around..

Last edited by AlizéeDuSiècle; 04-02-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

I couldn't agree more. After her third album things just got...eh. I only hope we are not the only ones who see this about her. If a lot of her fans in France see this about her too, then maybe she'll try to go back. Now I know someone will say that "it's going to be hard to go back to being the 'innocent young Alizee' we have all grown to love". So maybe she's gone. And really I've enjoyed the ride, and I know I'll never find anyone quite like her.

Well that is my input.

Cheers.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:50 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I still do love her music. A freaking lot! I was honestly (pleasantly) surprised at how much I like La Candida. But it is a little hard to believe that this is the same girl who actually liked dancing better than singing. Oh well, she is stll juat as amazing, just in different ways!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
I couldn't agree more. After her third album things just got...eh.
Well, although I love Psychédélices, I do think she made a mistake trying to do an album with Jérémy. Not even so much the album itself (I think he's a good composer and I think he did good work on the album), but the promotions and the concert tour. It's just not a good idea to work closely on a project like that with your spouse. Either the relationship or the project itself will suffer. Or both.

He is not a part of UEDS in any way, it seems, not in the promotions, not even in composing the music. As we can see, she's approaching this "second comeback" very differently than she did the first one. Look at the costumes, the performances, the incredible storm of interviews, the intimate venues with fans, her whole image. She's more mysterious this time around, more grown up, sexier, more confident and assured. It feels more like she's in charge and not trying to go two opposite directions at once. So we are not going to see a repeat of Psych. That's already obvious. But:

Quote:
I only hope we are not the only ones who see this about her. If a lot of her fans in France see this about her too, then maybe she'll try to go back. Now I know someone will say that "it's going to be hard to go back to being the 'innocent young Alizee' we have all grown to love". So maybe she's gone.
Yes, she's gone. She grew up. It's not just hard to go back, it's impossible. The old Alizée remains in old recordings and videos, but she is never coming back in real-time. Can't. Won't. Never. Done.

Like I said, nobody is obligated to remain a fan. If you don't like the new music, then you don't. Personally, I like it better than the old. That's my personal take on it. I liked Psych better than Gourmandises or MCE, and so far I'm liking UEDS better than Psych. And I think the promotional approach to UEDS is so much better than that of Psych that there's just no comparison.

There's a personal reason why I can't abandon Alizée even if she were to put out crap (though I wouldn't hesitate to tell her it was crap), but nobody else has to feel that way. If you don't like her new music, her new image, or her grown-woman personality, that doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. Nor does it mean there's something wrong with her. Just move on and keep the memories. And maybe check her out again in a year or two, because you'll mature, too, and your appreciation for what she's doing may change.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-03-2010, 01:23 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Exclamation ima have 2 agree

unless she ditches the new for the favored old shes guna lose alot of the support that even got her there. but you know business they just want 2 market sex and in result its guna ruin her. lily get out while you can!! show us the alizee we became infatuated with!

sumtimes change ISNT the best thing. especially when sumthings already perfect, you dont overkill it! and thats exactly whats going on or rather what they're doing 2 her.

but i suppose when it does and they leave her flat she'll need her old support and i beleive thats when we all as alizee america can give her the new ideas in old ways.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Alizée new album is good with the exception of La Candida which sounds like a Telenovela theme Song (Mexican Soap Opera). Change is good and as an artist you should write and perform based on how you feel in the moment and be true to who you are and not portray as someone you are not to please an audience. If I wanted to judge Alizée's albums as a music listener her material has slightly declined but I know this is Alizée's work and not Mylene Farmer's work and sometimes it takes a few albums before Alizée can feel comfortable and master her craft on her own and I respect that.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
unless she ditches the new for the favored old shes guna lose alot of the support that even got her there. but you know business they just want 2 market sex and in result its guna ruin her. lily get out while you can!! show us the alizee we became infatuated with!

sumtimes change ISNT the best thing. especially when sumthings already perfect, you dont overkill it! and thats exactly whats going on or rather what they're doing 2 her.

but i suppose when it does and they leave her flat she'll need her old support and i beleive thats when we all as alizee america can give her the new ideas in old ways.
No matter what... She will never be that 16, 17 yr. old "Lolita..." again. Ever.

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 04-03-2010, 02:57 PM

Vorock is on a distinguished road

THAT'S NOT RIGHT! Yes, she has changed. Yes, she got tattoos lots of people don't like (I'm sorry but I do not like her tattoos ). But she's still Alizée. Can't be hating on her just because she changed. I mean even if it just flat out shows she's "not right" Alizée is still that beautiful singer we love. She's like family. Your family might do something different or bad but they're still family. You might not approve of Alizée but atleast show your support.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Here's a relatable story. I used to be in love with Rihanna. I thought she was perfect. I loved her songs. I loved her image. I loved her performances. All until 2009. Then I realized that I had never heard anything but her singles. That only half the time did I actually think she was beautiful, if her hair was done right. That I had only seen about 1/100 of her performances. It was at that point I realized that I didn't care that much for her. Then she came out with her 4th album, and I HATED it. She seemed to be trying far too hard to sound like Beyoncé. *shudders After that, I have not stopped listening to her older music (though it gets far less playtime since I discovered Alizée! ), but I refuse to listen to anything new from her. She was live on Nick last weekend, and the performance dissapointed me greatly. So I have decided to keep the old Rihanna close, and ignore the new. I also realized that I was never truely a fan of Rihanna, because I never tried to find every song she had ever sang, I never joined a site for her, I never watched hours upon hours of interviews, I never really cared to meet her, I never tried so hard to make a way to meet other fans, nothing. I have done all of that for Alizée, though. And in one second of my life since knowing Alizée, I have loved her more than all the four years I thought I loved Rihanna. Rihanna to me is like Alizée to you. I just hope you find your analogue for what Alizée is to me. You know, as long as it isn't Lady Gaga, she doesn't deserve devoted fans like us. Good luck!