Old 02-09-2019, 11:47 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

"I've watched her performances way too many times for it to be healthy. Help!!"
Old 03-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Alizee - J'en Ai Marre (Tubes D'un Jour) HD

Edward Imhoff 5 days ago

Strongest case for Human Cloning I ever saw. Every man should have the opportunity enjoy the life long company of such an one as her.What I like most is her presentation. Realize how little skin she shows. Every little move is perfection. Every move of every inch of her. Add to that the soft and subtle tones of her voice and she Transcends time. She could be singing in the Rattskellar in the 1930s or the Broom St Pub in 1852. or in my den this very night. Young women who think g-string twerking is sexy need to take a lesson in sensual movement from Alizee. A Solitary old man is free to dream whatever he wants to. I dream that someone like her...(Just Exactly like her.) might have been my Girlfriend in the 1970s, in those lonely years while in the Army. I could write a fiction Novel about how we walked through life hand in hand, the things she might have said and secrets we could have shared...Now she sings for me (Twice) just before I start to dream late at night, every night. I've been alone for many years and I'll be alone til journy's end...Really, What does it hurt? This Video is not who she is now. I'm no longer a 20 year old Soldier. I'm an old man, who dares to dream as though I were young as I was long ago. Good Night Alizee. I'll see you in my dreams. I'll bring the Tea. You, the Pastries. It will be a good dream. Until then Love...Until then.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:33 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

Alizee - J'en Ai Marre (Tubes D'un Jour) HD

Edward Imhoff 5 days ago

Strongest case for Human Cloning I ever saw. Every man should have the opportunity enjoy the life long company of such an one as her.What I like most is her presentation. Realize how little skin she shows. Every little move is perfection. Every move of every inch of her. Add to that the soft and subtle tones of her voice and she Transcends time. She could be singing in the Rattskellar in the 1930s or the Broom St Pub in 1852. or in my den this very night. Young women who think g-string twerking is sexy need to take a lesson in sensual movement from Alizee. A Solitary old man is free to dream whatever he wants to. I dream that someone like her...(Just Exactly like her.) might have been my Girlfriend in the 1970s, in those lonely years while in the Army. I could write a fiction Novel about how we walked through life hand in hand, the things she might have said and secrets we could have shared...Now she sings for me (Twice) just before I start to dream late at night, every night. I've been alone for many years and I'll be alone til journy's end...Really, What does it hurt? This Video is not who she is now. I'm no longer a 20 year old Soldier. I'm an old man, who dares to dream as though I were young as I was long ago. Good Night Alizee. I'll see you in my dreams. I'll bring the Tea. You, the Pastries. It will be a good dream. Until then Love...Until then.
I saw this guy was in the army in the 70s as I was so I sent him a message, inviting him to visit our forum.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I saw this guy was in the army in the 70s as I was so I sent him a message, inviting him to visit our forum.
It is the best comment I have found so far on any of Alizee's videos. I hope he drops in. He would make a good member.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:49 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Quote:
It is the best comment I have found so far on any of Alizee's videos. I hope he drops in. He would make a good member.
I guess I'm alone in having a strong negative reaction to the notion that every ol' Joe deserves a go at being with Alizée for a lifetime, as if she's an experience - a thing to be had and enjoyed. That she would ideally be available for male consumption. I'm pretty sure I have expressed just about the same idea (and others) here on this forum on at least one occasion. But I would like to think that I've grown and matured in the 10 years since I discovered her. More and more I find myself having similar reactions to comments and behavior from other fans in the community. I have been a page manager for AAm's Facebook page for the past five years and have read countless messages from people who believe that Alizée manages said page and reads their messages. They often wax poetic about their "sincere love" for her and I can't help but recall a forum post from Roman, I believe. For those that may not know, Roman is the fan who got the large tattoo of Alizée with butterfly wings on his back and had the opportunity to show it to her at an autograph signing in Paris. In the post, Roman talked about how many fans in the community strongly believe that they are in love with her, but in fact suffer from limerence.

Quote:
"The state of being infatuated or obsessed with another person, typically experienced involuntarily and characterized by a strong desire for reciprocation of one's feelings but not primarily for a sexual relationship."
I couldn't agree more with the prognosis. The longer I've been around and the older I get, the more the community seems to be full of these guys who have spent lonely years waiting for the perfect specimen they believe her to be, with no self reflection as to why they spent so much time alone and if it has anything to do with how they view women. As if she was the cure and salvation for the world's g-string twerking epidemic. I realize that the clone concept is fantasy. But a clone of Alizée would be their own person, and not a slave or thing to own for entertainment or company. Their being a clone wouldn't mean that they would do or act as you want.

I asked a female family member for her opinion on the YouTube comment and she repeated a question she'd asked me before and agreed about the clone.
Quote:
"Does Alizée in particular attract these delusional men who are obsessed and act like they are in a relationship with her? Because I haven't heard of it in relation to other artists. It is kind of culty. Who is to say that the clone or even Alizée herself would want to spend time with them? Because clearly no one else does. This is an objectification issue."
Tying into that, I also recall a comment by Ray, that we lose most of our newer, younger members to girlfriends. Makes you wonder why that is

I think I will ask Merci Alizée to remove me from the manager role on the Facebook page. I feel like I've seen enough. I will continue participating in the forum, because as I've said it is a place where I have done a lot of growing up. That being said, I may have just rustled a few feathers with this post. The comments were not directed at any current AAm member, but rather a critique of the less savory side of the community. (and my younger self)

Old 03-03-2019, 12:51 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
"I've watched her performances way too many times for it to be healthy. Help!!"
You are pleading for help from those who are also caught in the trap. If I had a solution, I would have used it long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jC9...XR1Hvfua1Z5yb3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R9c5fFVtBI

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-03-2019 at 01:40 AM..
Old 03-03-2019, 01:00 AM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
I think I will ask Merci Alizée to remove me from the manager role on the Facebook page. I feel like I've seen enough. I will continue participating in the forum, because as I've said it is a place where I have done a lot of growing up. That being said, I may have just rustled a few feathers with this post. The comments were not directed at any current AAm member, but rather a critique of the less savory side of the community. (and my younger self)

Ok, please DON'T do this.

I personally value you, and your input immensely.

To me, you represent "balance" and "sanity", in a place where sometimes "objectivity" does not exist.

If I have ever offended you, then you please tell me, for, it was never my intention.

I personally would like you to remain in your current role, for, "we", "I", need your "clarity", "objectivity" and your "insights'...
Old 03-03-2019, 02:20 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I see no reason for Fall to leave. I can understand his frustration with the FB page. You try and tell these people that it's just a fan page and they are not dealing directly with Alizee and it's like talking to a brick wall. No matter what you tell them, they don't get it. I seldom check the messages because of that, which is a shame because you miss messages from members who do understand, but it is what it is.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I guess I'm alone in having a strong negative reaction to the notion that every ol' Joe deserves a go at being with Alizée for a lifetime, as if she's an experience - a thing to be had and enjoyed. That she would ideally be available for male consumption. I'm pretty sure I have expressed just about the same idea (and others) here on this forum on at least one occasion. But I would like to think that I've grown and matured in the 10 years since I discovered her. More and more I find myself having similar reactions to comments and behavior from other fans in the community. I have been a page manager for AAm's Facebook page for the past five years and have read countless messages from people who believe that Alizée manages said page and reads their messages. They often wax poetic about their "sincere love" for her and I can't help but recall a forum post from Roman, I believe. For those that may not know, Roman is the fan who got the large tattoo of Alizée with butterfly wings on his back and had the opportunity to show it to her at an autograph signing in Paris. In the post, Roman talked about how many fans in the community strongly believe that they are in love with her, but in fact suffer from limerence.
Fall, I get what you are saying, but his comment about cloning and having an "Alizee for every man" was not the target of my response. It's what he said after that part.. he was brutally honest about his loneliness in his advanced age and how Alizee, somehow, fills something that was missed in his life. As one progresses through middle age and into their senior years, the more reflective one gets. I not only see it in my own life, but especially when I visit my elderly mother, who is too old to have many new experiences and mainly has to draw upon memories for topics of conversation. The commenter really spilled out his reflections on his life and how a woman of Alizee's caliber would have made the perfect match for him. He even admits it is just fiction and is just a dream, but dreaming doesn't stop at a certain age. Despite being just a poetic fantasy, he was bold putting it out there on the Internet.

Being that this comment was on JEAM made it more surprising. I normally don't like to look at JEAM comments because it draws a different audience and comments are often lewd. Even the positive comments on her other videos focus much of the time on her beauty. He not once mentions her beauty, but rather her voice and her movements. He has unreciprocated "love" for Alizee, or at least her persona, but is that so unusual? If everybody waited to be loved before they reciprocate, the world would be a much colder place because somebody would have to take that first leap, and it would be forever stalemated.

Edit:

Quote:

I asked a female family member for her opinion on the YouTube comment and she repeated a question she'd asked me before and agreed about the clone.
Quote:
"Does Alizée in particular attract these delusional men who are obsessed and act like they are in a relationship with her? Because I haven't heard of it in relation to other artists. It is kind of culty. Who is to say that the clone or even Alizée herself would want to spend time with them? Because clearly no one else does. This is an objectification issue."
I think her response was rough. The guy might be disabled, have medical problems, or some other issue that prevented him from finding somebody to spend his life with or be out and about being social. Yes, he might be unattractive as well. He sees something he really likes in Alizee and dreams a little, so he is labeled as delusional. She also uses the word "men", implying that the many who follow Alizee closely cannot find anybody else. I can attest that a guy can live a normal life with a significant other and still be a close fan of Alizee, because that person is myself. So, she is taking a swipe at me as well with it.

Edit Edit:

Have you ever wonder why romance novels are so popular with women? Might they be finding something in them that is lacking in their real-life relationships, like Casanova? Maybe they "fall in love" with the main character, who in this case is purely fictional? Are we going to call these millions of women delusional?

Alizee might be the male replacement for the romance novel.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-03-2019 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

I think I'd like to jump into this conversation!

One of the first things that strikes me in this conversation is the very fact of Alizée's role as a celebrity and her public persona. For as long as people have existed, they have idealized real public figures as well as fictional figures—both male and female: ancient gods and goddesses; kings; god-kings; pharaohs; queens and princesses; warriors and religious leaders; heroes and heroines (Hercules and modern, cartoonish "super-heroes") and so on. In our current world in Western society, we tend to be focused on primarily performers and royalty, with a dash of those fantasy "super heroes." That's just the way it is. And of these performers, we seem to particularly admire singers. And of these singers, we seem to hold "pop" singers in the highest esteem.

So, in my opinion it is completely natural that a performer/singer such as Alizée would develop a devoted following—both male and female, by the way. There will be those with unrealistic fantasies, of course, who believe that they know her and understand her and could potentially have a real-life relationship with her. But that is SO common it is almost natural. We all do that with public people, to some extent. Who can honestly say that they don't feel they have some kind of real understanding of the personality of a famous actor that they have seen in many roles, or an author whose words they have read?

This is something that is inherently human: the desire to connect with other people. And public figures create a circumstance in which that connection seems to be so easily made, without the disappointments of "real life." I can read the works of an author and honestly feel like I could be a good friend of his or hers, because I feel like I understand that person. But, of course, it is one-sided. They know nothing of me. Yet if I had the chance, I would still love to meet and spend time with my favorite authors and poets—though they might not have any interest in me, whatsoever.
Yet we long for that perfect harmony of camaraderie with someone we admire.

When you have a public figure like Alizée, it is even easier. She is not controversial—her role is not to preach or politicize or rally or convince. She doesn't do deeds of which we are asked to approve. She doesn't make decisions affecting our lives which we have to accept. And she has shown enough of herself to the world through interviews, photos, performances and the way she has conducted herself in her life that we see real and true aspects of her personality and character. These are not imaginary—you really can learn something of her. Not everything, of course, but enough to have a valid sense of the kind of person she is. Someone once said that the more you know of someone's story, the easier it is to love them. This is very true.

Add to this the fact that she is unarguably very attractive (which, let's face it, makes a HUGE difference in how people feel about other people) and she has talent and has had success. People are naturally drawn to successful people.

So, all that being the case, and for all these other reasons, it is inevitable that Alizée would have many fans, or followers, or admirers, or whatever you want to call them.

I can understand how frustrating it is to see all the silliness on some of FB page posts with people saying "I love you" or doing the virtual world version of throwing themselves at her, screaming. There is only a technical difference between this and the hysterical girls who fainted at Beatles' Concerts! But the fact that these people exist does not take away from the reality that there are other people who seriously admire Alizée because of what they know about her—what she has allowed to be known—as well as for her art and what it means to them, personally. Here we could get into a definition of "art" and the effect it has on the individual human psyche, but I'll save that for another day!

There is nothing bizarre or unnatural about people feeling a strong connection to Alizée—especially those who have followed her career for years and who know something of her "story." And I would venture to say that she, herself, appreciates and values this. If she did not, she would not continue to allow herself to remain a public figure and share aspects of her life with the public. She had done a very good job, I think, of protecting the parts of her life that she wishes to remain private. But she continues to encourage her fans to know the parts she is willing to share with them. Very healthy and very normal and very human.
If by paying attention to her and learning about her helps others to understand themselves—and perhaps helps them in their own lives with relationships and expectations of relationships—that is all for the good. I realize that some people will be unrealistic and expect that they will find someone who fits their perfect ideal and will never disappoint them—that is sad, but it can't be helped. Those people have always existed. Think "Pygmalion."

I hope none of the members of this forum let this aspect of human nature discourage them from their own way of enjoying their admiration of Alizée. I agree with CleverCowboy that "…a guy can live a normal life with a significant other and still be a close fan of Alizee…" and also his assessment about the comment from the woman who said "Does Alizée in particular attract these delusional men who are obsessed and act like they are in a relationship with her? Because I haven't heard of it in relation to other artists… This is an objectification issue." This suggestion of "objectification" is extremely annoying to me, as a woman, and insulting to Alizée, by the way. Nowadays it has become popular for some activist women to complain about pretty much everything about being women. As they do this, they are insulting other women who have the right to live as they choose. For example, beauty pageants are called "sexist" and "exploitive" –never mind that the contestants enjoy and value them and work hard in their participation. The arrogance of this attitude is breathtaking. And I can't believe this woman has never heard of other artists being swooned over. Her use of words like "delusional" and "obsessed" are inappropriate. As CC points out, how do we know their story? Who is she to judge? I hope her words do not make other members of this forum doubt themselves.

My last comment is for Fall. You obviously have spent a lot of time growing and learning, and your admiration for Alizée is, in my opinion, natural and healthy and normal. I hope you won't get soured by the people on FB who come and go and are unrealistic and/or silly. Our world has opened up a great deal with the Internet, and this last generation has had to get accustomed to a level of broad experience of others that we were pretty much oblivious to in the past. We are now inundated with comments and opinions from a huge array of people, and we must adapt to this and learn to filter it so that we get a realistic picture of what is out there—good and bad and weird and everything in between. It is important to not get discouraged and judge this herd of people by the same standards we used when our own world of experience was more limited.

Until and unless Alizée herself pulls a Garbo and puts a message out there saying "Enough! Stop talking about me! Leave me alone!" I feel like it is entirely appropriate and fun and acceptable and all things positive to remain fans on whatever level each person finds important.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 03-03-2019 at 05:41 PM..