Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée/Jérémy 3rd Album Duet Possibilities

I'm in the camp that would really like to see one husband/wife, Alizée/Jérémy duet on the new album. Not really more than one, but one husband/wife collaboration. I think it would be 'sweet' ( I can't believe I used that word). Here's the kind thing that I have in mind, it has Jérémy both singing and playing an instrument (of course, I'd prefer for it to just be in French):

(sorry for the poor video quality, it's pretty bad)
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ebPTrsoZFTc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ebPTrsoZFTc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Here's another duet that might be an intersting format: with Jérémy on piano and vocals with Alizée singing:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIrxMCHDbUw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIrxMCHDbUw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Jérémy also sang a duet with Jenifer singing her song Ma Révolution. Though I'd really prefer something that has more of a poignant feel to it rather than the rock/fun feel of the Ma Révelution. But I'll post here just so people who haven't seen it can if they want to.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VU95tg8F2lI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VU95tg8F2lI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Anyway, I wanted to post some examples of Jérémy singing in duet along with this thread to serve as possible points of reference. I know there are those of you out there that can't stand Jérémy's singing, but, oh well. Thoughts?

Last edited by CFHollister; 05-02-2007 at 11:20 PM..
Old 05-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

It would be a shock to see them together on vid for more than a few seconds. I don't even know why, but jealousy would creep in. It could be a good song though.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I've always imagined it would be cool if he were in her "band", playing either guitar or keyboard. In the " other music interests" thread I posted a song that I always imagine Lili singing. Well I also imagine Jérémy as the left guitar player.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

This has been discussed every now and then since they got together and waiting for her third album started. It's surely not impossible but I'm not so sure it's gonna happen. I was little bit hoping to see duet on Jérémy's album but it didn't happen. So, not sure if it's gonna happen now either. Altho, I must admit that the situation was most likely different during the release of Variété Françaises.

I surely wouldn't mind to see it happen.

But the duet really depends on what kind of style the albums aims for. I guess we got no choice than wait.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

sure it would be nice

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 05-03-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I've always imagined it would be cool if he were in her "band", playing either guitar or keyboard. In the " other music interests" thread I posted a song that I always imagine Lili singing. Well I also imagine Jérémy as the left guitar player.
Link? Sorry, I'm lazy to go fishing through the forum.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Link? Sorry, I'm lazy to go fishing through the forum.
Oh c'mon. Normally I'd oblige (or actually, would have included it in the first place), but it's the most recent post in the thread two down from this one. Alternatively, just check my recent messages (by clicking on my name), since I only posted it yesterday. Oh, and it's in my sig.

Last edited by Ben; 05-04-2007 at 04:57 AM..
Old 05-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road

yeah, it could be nice to see if both of them are perfoming a duet song... if it is... that must be there first romantic song after thier marriage and the album could be different from her previous album;s and could lead to a very great success.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Oh c'mon. Normally I'd oblige (or actually, would have included it in the first place), but it's the most recent post in the thread two down from this one. Alternatively, just check my recent messages (by clicking on my name), since I only posted it yesterday. Oh, and it's in my sig.
Oh, I didn't realize that was the one you were refering to.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Duet? NON!

I only have a couple of things to say here:

1. Jeremy (while apparently being a decent singer) - is (imho) a very "nasally" singer. While Singing with Jenifer he sounds ok, but Alizée's voice is "softer" - it would take a GREAT combination of writing, composing and performing to pull off a duet with Alizée y' Jeremy (imho).

2. While singing "Ma Revolucion" with Jenifer, all i could think was "PULL YOUR Ek_)#($@*(&#@R*(&#*(&$(*&#(*_!@#*_@* PANTS UP DWEEB!" That just SO does not look good.

3. Of course, i could just be getting old . . . . .

I submit, that the 3rd album should be all Alizée, all the time. Thankyou...

Ed