Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 10:23 AM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Normally, seriously? No. But if you start by saying something really dopey like "I'll do anything you ask"? Remember she has a reputation for playing tricks on people.

Probably not, though. Probably she'd just shake her head and keep a healthy distance. I certainly would.

I just think there's a right and a wrong way to do that. Sometimes people on this forum express things that make Alizée out to be more than human. Not only is that dumb (since she's not), but it's also not anything she wants.

You have to be able to put yourself in her place. It's hard, because very likely none of us will ever be pop stars. It's hard to imagine a life of being chased after by fans and media ghouls, being recognized everywhere you go, being constantly praised or criticized by the whole world. And it's hard to think of someone as human -- as an equal -- when you can't imagine living the life they do.

I admire Alizée and I do love her, weird as that is. (Considering I've never met her in the flesh.) But I don't put her up on a pedestal or think of her as superior to myself, except in certain specific ways. I can't sing as well as she can or dance anywhere nearly as well, but there are things I can do better than she can, too. Overall, she's a person, like me.

I remember from the 2001 Stars video, when she was having the conference with the two people before she went into the birthday party, and the man was telling her about how to approach the party. "You're not God" he said at one point and she laughed and turned her head away, because the idea was ridiculous.

It is. She's not the Goddess. She doesn't want to be treated like that.
this is where i come in and say. Like i said everyone is equaland different in our own ways. I love Alizée i wish i could personally meet her in the flesh but the likes of that happening is like 1 in a million, i have really bad karma for some reason, and well it would be cool Jeremy is a cool guy. and when people treat her like a god it is because they see her as that and well she wants to be treated normal, instead she gets star treatment, which can turn somm people into arrogant idiots, but it hasn't changed her i believe and that is awesome. As Bill es. preston esquire said" BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER" and Ted Theodore Logan siad " PARTY ON DUDES" i am going to do just that.

but in any way Alizee would be a great person i bet even if she wasn't a star. Guess she chose the right role model.

Last edited by Joey_adore_Jung; 06-02-2007 at 05:56 PM..
Old 05-06-2007, 08:46 AM

kdn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree, but my point is crazy about her is not mentally ill.

---
In case someone want to read, these are things I found before joining AA&AF:
The "Die for Alizée" thread
The "Die for Alizée" song
Pretty sure the old guys have already known about them.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdn View Post
I agree, but my point is crazy about her is not mentally ill.
I hope not. I'm crazy about her, too.

I just think sometimes fans go so crazy, or crazy in such a bad way, they lose the ability to empathize.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 05-06-2007, 11:07 AM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I mean, I wouldn't expect her to do anything and everything I asked, so why should I do anything and everything she asks? And why would anyone think she'd want that?

I actually had a couple of women who told me they'd do anything I asked. If you've never experienced that, it may sound like a fun fantasy. In reality, it's weird and creepy. You wonder when she's going to snap and murder you. Because nobody's really like that, and nobody really deserves it.
yeah, i know what you mean about it being kinda creepy, and what most of us mean is that we'd do practically anything she'd want, at least in reason, and sometimes change dynamic on it too

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just think sometimes fans go so crazy, or crazy in such a bad way, they lose the ability to empathize.
lol yeah sometimes that happens to some fans... meh, what can you do?

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 05-06-2007, 11:46 AM

term1 is on a distinguished road

Well think of it this way: Would she be worried that she lost the paper with the numbers on it? If so then 1 and only 1 call would be fine to let her know it was found and it was being sent back to her. You wouldnt have to let her know you were a fan who found it..maybe just a concerned citizen? Also as for her logging in and being discovered. Alizee' would know there is a risk when she logged in and if she was found out would probably say thank you to the person who PM'd her first and maybe talked for a minute or so then log off and never use that name again. either way I dont think she would have a problem with it. I have met celebrities in the past as Im sure we all have and even got to hang out a few times "off camera" with em and they understand that fans care about them and any of the good ones would not want their fans to miss a once in a lifetime opportunity. They themselves wouldn't The most important thing would not be a question of "contacting them" but of being respectful and aware of their time and to not act vulger or disrespectful
Old 05-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by term1 View Post
The most important thing would not be a question of "contacting them" but of being respectful and aware of their time and to not act vulgar or disrespectful
I agree that's the most important thing. But remember, we're not talking about running into her on the street or in some other public place. Of course, if she's out in public, that's an entirely different situation and having people recognize her and greet her is part of the game. If I were visiting Paris and happened to pass Alizée on the sidewalk, certainly I wouldn't hesitate to say "Bonjour" and talk for a moment, perhaps get her autograph, certainly tell her how much I love her music and look forward to her new album.

What I'm talking about here, though, is respect and even more, empathy. Look at it this way. If you found a scrap of paper with someone's phone number and email address, and you DIDN'T recognize the name, would you call them? Why? We're not talking a lost wallet or something else valuable that they'd want returned, just a scrap of paper.

As for the log-in situation, having her feel she had to abandon that name is exactly what I'd want to avoid. Knowing me, if she were actually posting, not just lurking logged in, and I got into a conversation with her, I probably couldn't resist dropping a hint or two that I knew who she was, but if she disappeared after that I'd be seriously upset with myself.

I suppose what I'm really getting at here, though, isn't some kind of cut-and-paste rule about what to do, but simply treating a person like a person. This is the first fan site I've ever participated in, and I've been a bit taken aback at times by some of the things said here.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:50 PM

MiamMiam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Normally, seriously? No. But if you start by saying something really dopey like "I'll do anything you ask"? Remember she has a reputation for playing tricks on people.

Probably not, though. Probably she'd just shake her head and keep a healthy distance. I certainly would.

I just think there's a right and a wrong way to do that. Sometimes people on this forum express things that make Alizée out to be more than human. Not only is that dumb (since she's not), but it's also not anything she wants.

You have to be able to put yourself in her place. It's hard, because very likely none of us will ever be pop stars. It's hard to imagine a life of being chased after by fans and media ghouls, being recognized everywhere you go, being constantly praised or criticized by the whole world. And it's hard to think of someone as human -- as an equal -- when you can't imagine living the life they do.

I admire Alizée and I do love her, weird as that is. (Considering I've never met her in the flesh.) But I don't put her up on a pedestal or think of her as superior to myself, except in certain specific ways. I can't sing as well as she can or dance anywhere nearly as well, but there are things I can do better than she can, too. Overall, she's a person, like me.

I remember from the 2001 Stars video, when she was having the conference with the two people before she went into the birthday party, and the man was telling her about how to approach the party. "You're not God" he said at one point and she laughed and turned her head away, because the idea was ridiculous.

Hmmm well you keep going on and on about how she's not above being human and all that, yet YOU are the one who's acting like you know her and exactly how she would react to any given situation. Really if she's just a human why do you have to analyze every little thing she does or how she reacts to something? If she were only "human" in a sense, you wouldn't be on this forum discussing her every move. I'm not saying she's a god, but I am saying her status is above the average human given that she's a famous pop singer. And you don't know her, so please stop acting like you do.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

I already know you don't like me, MM. There's no need to belabor the point.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:26 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

since drake isn't her to say this i'll do it. calm down you to no need to bite each others heads off.