Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-03-2007, 04:16 AM

Martin is on a distinguished road

Hi corsican friend Well I think so. Mon Maquis refers to a shelter a hideout away from troubles, like Corsica is for Alizee I suppose. Quite a moody, mysterious song.

Dont get me wrong, I think she has done a great work with this one, there is quality, freshness and experiment. I expect her to evolve even more to a more distinguised character than just her "singning her various favourite styles of music" if you know what I mean. Both her and Jermey are 23 which is so damn impressive. Many musicians are learning simple guitar chords at this age, and well she and him have made what..5-6 albums already?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:08 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road

hi
it's obvious than you know more about her songs and carrier than me, I mean as an artist, I can barely remember 5 or 6 songs
her local fans are generally teens, mostly girls, I suppose they like her style, flashy clothes etc...
that's why it's a little strange to see that most of the ppl on this forum are actually guys
I don't know jeremy's songs, actually I didn't even know who he was until I heard he married alizée
voilà
cheers

Last edited by ajaccio corsica; 12-03-2007 at 08:23 AM..
Old 12-03-2007, 09:11 AM

Martin is on a distinguished road

Well, yes I know that her songs are considered somewhat "girly". I dont mind that really. I can listen to rock and I can listen to more light music as well. I have listened to "heavy metal" that is more pop in structure than Alizee's music and I have listened to far crappier mainstream pop.
In all of her albums there are tracks that have brilliant arrangements, if one can see past the lolita surface. She has the charisma to turn even an average song into a very pleasant experience anyway.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

People will listen to this album (or any album) for what it does to them. I have stayed an Alizée fan for the true inspiration she has and continues to give me. She's given me more than any other artist. You may debate the musical styles and such, but to me the fact still remains that she's put her X factor in this album as well as the first two.

Her music has gotten me through some bad times. Times that would have been much darker w/o her soothing voice. Really, I don't care to overanalyze it. I only care to ponder that I have found something that I can fall back on to make me feel good--w/e style it may be. I'm just very thankful for anything that allows the music to keep flowing
Old 12-12-2007, 08:04 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaccio corsica View Post
hi
it's obvious than you know more about her songs and carrier than me, I mean as an artist, I can barely remember 5 or 6 songs
her local fans are generally teens, mostly girls, I suppose they like her style, flashy clothes etc...
that's why it's a little strange to see that most of the ppl on this forum are actually guys
I don't know jeremy's songs, actually I didn't even know who he was until I heard he married alizée
voilà
cheers
Alizée really stunned me with that J'en ai marre dance performance and then in everything else, too, she is gorgeous. As the most attractive young lady ever with all the qualities she displayed, even the contrast between her stage performance presence and offstage personality. Add to that some mystique from the fact that she is French and that most of us found out about her after so much material was available after the Mes Courants Électrique era and all together it should be easy to see why foreign males find her so appealing.

As for the album, it has grown on me quite a bit. I was finally able to play some of Alizée in my French class yesterday and played the entire new album. I think people liked it.

On the way home I decided to play MCE and was reminded why J'en ai marre is still my favorite song. I really like the music and the quality of her voice too. She even sings it in a very sexy way. If liking sexy is shallow, then human nature is shallow. Maybe it is, but it is what it is. I also like the soaring atmospheric sounds that Boutonnant composed as well as the synthetic sounds and guitars that seem to be used in place of and along with drums sometimes for a rapid tempo. He even got some bowed stringed instruments in there.

Back to the new album: I like some of the strange quirky sounds that are worked in. I've come to like the music a bit more in general, though as some have said, generally there isn't as much of producing Alizée's voice to be warm and rich like on the other albums. I think I miss that. There's also a certain sense of missing some of the energy and vitality on this new album. Maybe it's just me. It's still definitely worth buying and yes, I'm sure there will be many people out there in the world who like this album better, if only they will get the chance to listen to it.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-21-2007, 03:19 AM

term1 is on a distinguished road

I agree totally that even though this cd does show some new musical endeavor's for Alizee, it does lack a certain "warmth" or "richness" that I found in the other 2 cd's. It also comes off as kind of an 80's sound in places because of all the synthesizer effects. I do also agree that the songs just don't seem as well produced, and kind of loose in places where you can hear her vocal range is straining. Now after listening to it a few times I have (like a lot of others) come to like it. but its not her best
Old 12-21-2007, 03:53 AM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

I don't agree with anyone... I love the first one for its own reasons and I love the second one for its own reasons. The En concert CD I love for, you guessed it, its own reasons. I have only listened to the songs of her newest album off of her Myspace when she had the full tracks on and it has made me fall in love with it as well. No one CD is held higher than another in my mind. I might feel like hearing Lili do her guitar solo on the En Concert DVD or I might want to her the more slow rhythmic tune of Mon Maquis. I can understand why someone would love a certain album slightly more than another, cause I thought I did at one point but another album might grow on you or you may change in your mood and find another one to your liking. I was skeptical of Decolage at first but its just so catchy and it makes me feel emotion. As long as a song invokes a positive (or even a negative feeling like sadness) emotion in me then that makes it a good song in my mind.

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 12-21-2007, 09:48 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Well spoken Solaris. How can you not help but sing along (well an attempt at most) to any of the songs new and old? I think a lot of folks are just not used to this new album yet, heck we've all been saturated by Gourmandises and MCE songs and videos for how long? Let's ask some of these folks the same question a year (or 2 or 3 or 4) from now...

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-21-2007, 01:34 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

I agree with people that say her previous albums are better. And I could sum it by saying while her current album may play some complicated/sophisticated/strange electronic chords along, it lacks depth, and you cannot see this by analizing mentally the tracks, your heart can show it to you after listening for a while. To me it lacks that airy, amazing sound that made me fly and wander, and couldn't love her voice more, and Alizee herself for all the matters. I really-really am in Love with this girl, she is very unique as I can feel after what I've seen/found out about her. She's just perfect for what she did there, still does now because I listen to her everyday and whatch her clips.
In fact, just yesterday after a listening session on Psychedelices that I understood just how much I love her old stuff, the big-bang took place as soon as I started A Contre Courant, and her voice is really nice. The contrast was present, and it's not ironical, I just like that music.
As for Psychedelices, I even found it depressive at times/places.
She's just 23 for God's sake!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:10 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
As for Psychedelices, I even found it depressive at times/places.
i kinda see what you mean, in it that the overall tone of the album is somewhat blue-ish. they lyrics and melodies of a lot of these songs are rather melancholic, but i don't particularly have anything against it.