Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 03-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^

A MAIN CHAT POST FROM "THE HUB"

Over the past few weeks, things got very hostile towards this Hub by a couple of former members, who created false and misleading posts in the Alizee America Forum and by sending private messages to the members of this hub trying to get them to join the "other" Hub. This is in violation of our Hub rules that have been in place for over ten years.

I'm sure you read all that crap. Keep in mind EVERY ONE OF THOSE GUYS in the old version of the Hub were invited to register for this new version and I gave all of them my personal email address to do so... just like I did with all of you in the Hub right now. At first I had no problem with any of you being in BOTH hubs even though that posed an obvious security issue. But two of the principals of that Hub have appeared tireless in their attempts to falsely claim I closed the Hub, one of them by carefully quoting me out of context over and over again and even issuing a vague threat that he is willing to abuse his position as a member of the Forum staff to delete and/or modify forum posts to give him the "final word" in this Forum regarding a Hub I have provided as a service to Alizee fans since 2005.

Now there is a new place claiming to be "The Alizee Hub." They could have selected a differant name (like "The NEW Alizee Hub or whatever), but they decided to trade on my good name, reputation and creative work over the past 14 years with NO work on their part... other than defame this Hub, and slander my good name and hard work. Anyone who has been away from my Hub for a long period of time and only remembered the name and port address would find themselves in a Hub I have nothing to do with. I consider that a fraudulent attempt to take credit for something that is NOT THEIRS. Keep in mind that there is NO ONE involved in the actual running of THIS Hub over the years that is involved in that "other" Hub.... in fact the "long time Operator" was fired precisely because he routinely failed to register you guys in the Hub, which is something that all of you constantly complained about, and indeed registering the members of the Fourm into the Hub was his ONLY responsibility in the Hub. In the end it required me to change the procedures for joining the Hub.

This is the THIRD time I've changed some major parameters for the Hub, and all three times we were ATTACKED for our efforts. The last "rival" Hub actually launched a DOS attack against our server, so I am super cautious now days regarding Hub security. That was in 2010 and that Hub closed in a matter of months. What's differant this time??? A major figure in this forum has thrown his support behind that Hub. At first, I was unsure on how to upgrade my file sharing protocol, and indeed there were several ideas other than a Hub tossed around so I might have been a little vague about what was coming next. Yes, they were discussed with the main members of the Hub, though due to security concerns we naturally did not publicly discuss here the "ins and outs" of how we are set up. If you logged into the Hub at any time since late last year, you were well aware of the fact that changes were coming, and we were honest and forthright about what it would take to keep the Hub going "as is." I kept everyone in the Hub up to date, despite the misrepresentations posted here by others. I decided to hold off on outlining the new procedure here until the hostilities ended, but clearly that has NOT HAPPENED and as the days and weeks go by I am less and less hopeful that it will EVER happen.

"Why don't I open the 'OLD' Hub?" Because they are using the port address for OUR Hub (1209), and as common sense would dictate you can't have TWO applications using the same port, just as you can't have two houses with the same address on the same street. They have been aware of this for WEEKS, but have chose to do NOTHING. Over the past few weeks, things got very hostile towards this Hub by former members of this Hub in the Alizee America Forum. That "former OP" actually threatened to use a "redirect" in a previous post right here, which could potentially move current Hubbers to another entity ( his "fake Hub" I guess) by using the same port ID. That post has since been deleted but the damage has been done, and any element of trust I had for that guy has vanished. When you threaten the Hub's security within this Forum it's YOU GUYS that are losing: that "former" OP now has a lifetime ban so it doesn't affect HIM: but by Forum moderators condoning that criminal behavior even for a second it affects all of you. Foolish me: I had actually hoped that there was some sort of "misunderstanding" and after a short period of time the long time members would re-integrate themselves back into the Hub, as had happened in the past. But the hostilities continue and by their silence have forced me to take another drastic step....

I am now preparing to drop everyone here that is also connected to to a Hub that has placed itself as openly hostile to me, and have changed the rules accordingly. I have already kicked one guy who had been with us for several years and challenged my right to implement new policies. I'm sorry it has to be this way.

The Hub, even now, offers three times the content of the "other" hub, and will continue to do so. I am, according to the server's stats responsible for 97.9% of all the original uploads to the Hub, so at least in my mind you guys are losing out big time. As you can see I haven't been showing up here much recently.

At first I wasn't going to respond to any of this, but it is not in my nature to run away from a bully, even one over the internet. I won't back away from someone who abuses his dubious position of power here to make himself some sort of "god" of Alizee fandom (they called it a "superfan" in the other Forum), and attempt to manipulate things so that he and his cronies are the only source of Alizee content. This is unacceptable to me, and surely if you think about it, might be unacceptable to YOU too. It's SUPPOSED to be all about Alizee, and any attempt to build a cult of personality by any person based solely on a vast number of lame, inessential and sometimes flatly untrue posts, DOESN'T make them important: it just means they have a lot of time on their hands. I left the other Forum for this exact same reason in 2012, now history seems to be repeating itself. I just hope and pray this nonsense doesn't cause this Forum to suffer the same fate.

This was always intended to be a fun hobby for me, but reading all the garbage said about me in the Forum gives me a headache and just makes it not any fun any more.

I will work with any of you guys that are as incensed by this turn of events as I am. You know how to reach me.

Regards,

digi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytale View Post
uuuuuuuuh digi's new hub is going so well!!! Latest rule in his hub: Visiting the Alizée Hub is an 'hostile action' and will get you banned

Therefore come to the new Alizée hub fakealizeehub.ddns.net and have a good laugh at digimaze's mental retardation
Wonderful! This is the Hub I want to go to... it must be a frickin' LOVE FEST!!! How could I possibly call him HOSTILE???? Oh.... and by the way... I had BANNED no one.

Last edited by digimaze; 03-18-2017 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-16-2017, 12:19 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Hi Digimaze. Sorry to see the conflict is occurring. No good reason for it.

I joined your hub a few years ago. I have not been active in over a year, but was intending to return soon. I am looking forward to the opportunity.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Hi Digimaze. Sorry to see the conflict is occurring. No good reason for it.

I joined your hub a few years ago. I have not been active in over a year, but was intending to return soon. I am looking forward to the opportunity.
Yeah, I agree... I've been of service to the Alizee fan community for YEARS but I guess now I guess now there are certain elements (or maybe just a single element) that wants me GONE.

I don't know how much longer I will be here before I get kicked or banned or whatever and the fake Alizee Hub meant to replace me is your only option, but send me a PM and I'll try to get you set up. I'm really sorry that this has become so difficult. But I'm glad to hear from you and thanks for the compliment!

Regards,
digi

Last edited by digimaze; 03-16-2017 at 01:32 PM..
Old 03-18-2017, 12:08 PM

fairytale is on a distinguished road

users on digi's hub:

Mr.T -> (digi's caregiver) I really feel sorry for you pal!
Digimaze -> (nothing more to say about it )
Eza-Migid_[PDQ] -> (digi's split personality)

....that's all folks!

Last edited by fairytale; 03-18-2017 at 01:04 PM..
Old 03-18-2017, 01:04 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

This argument seems to be the only action on Alizee America these days.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
This argument seems to be the only action on Alizee America these days.
It's not over yet!

Tags
alizee hub