Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2017, 03:18 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The top picture is apparently sea urhins which after snipping off the top are usually eaten raw. If I go back to Corsica, maybe I'll try these.............or maybe not. I'm sure she's posted pictures of these before.

"A couple of times during the season (which lasts until mid-April) enterprising groups, usually fishermen, organise giant ‘oursinades` or sea urchin feasts, to raise money for charity. These are usually held on the quay in front of the fishermen’s port in the old part of town."

https://savouringcorsica.wordpress.c...ns-in-corsica/

The bottom one applies to a religious festival. I'm sure they'll be a parade tomorrow or maybe procession is a better word for it. The following explanation is clear as mud.

"Feast of the city. The center of Ajaccio is lit candles and 18 the procession of the statue is followed fervently. She was born in 1656 at a time when several regions of Italy are affected by the plague. This is the case of the city of Genoa; it is at this time that the Council of Elders decides to Ajaccio under the protection of the miraculous Virgin of Savona, Our Lady of Mercy. On 16 November this year the Maginifica Comunità and the Council of Elders gathered in the room Palazzo del publico proclaim the Virgin of Mercy, patron saint of the city and make the lifelong commitment to celebrate March 18 of each year. It is the wish of "Beautiful Veterans." They build a chapel of Our Lady of Mercy in Ajaccio Cathedral. Since the solemnities begin the evening of 17 March with the traditional prayer before the statue of Our Lady of Mercy on the Place des Palmiers. On March 18, the city council went in procession to the cathedral to attend high mass. In the afternoon, the procession goes around the city and the statue of Our Lady of Mercy is followed by the crowd. "

http://www.visit-corsica.com/en/Save...LA-MISERICORDE

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-18-2017 at 11:23 AM..