Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 04-10-2013, 03:59 PM

swagboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle Katherine View Post
That was the first thing I did...
and it doesn't work
Be sure the adress you are connecting to is "girlpop.hopto.me", and your connection is set to passive. You can change it to active once you are in the hub (file > settings > connectivity > Let DC++ determine the best connection settings).
If the "you must at least have 1GB of files" error persists, try to press F5, or go to "File > Refresh File List".

If that doesn't solve your problem, please post the problem in full detail here.

Good luck

Last edited by swagboy; 04-11-2013 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: hub adress change, thanks for pointing it out digi ;)
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagboy View Post
Be sure the address you are connecting to is "girlpop.hopto.me" and your connection is set to passive. You can change it to active once you are in the hub (file > settings > connectivity > Let DC++ determine the best connection settings).
If the "you must at least have 1GB of files" error persists, try to press F5, or go to "File > Refresh File List".

If that doesn't solve your problem, please post the problem in full detail here.

Good luck
Let me see if I can help. Yes, there are two hubs in our network, Here's how to get hooked up:

1) If you are trying to connect to the POPASIA Hub, then follow the above instructions from Swagboy and use the address"popasia.no-ip.org:23" . If it's the Alizee Hub you want, then use the address "girlpop.hopto.me"

2) You need 1GB of content to join each hub. The acceptable contents are mainly Music Vids and Live Clips, but see elsewhere in this thread if you need further details. The content must be "'hashed" (officially added to your share) before you enter the hub. To kick this process into high priority, use the command "File>>>>>> refresh file list." Unless you have a large share (over 100GB) this process should only take a couple of minutes.

3) Once you get past that roadblock, you can seek tech support from the OPs (the nicks with the "gold key" next to them) if you have any questions or need additional help. Other chat functions will be closed to you until you are registered, but at least we can help you sort things out in real time. Keep in mind none of us may be in front of our computer the moment you ask your question, but please be patient and stay online at the hub and someone will get back to you right away.

4) Check out this thread. All the answers are here, but it might be a little scattered right now, for which I apologize. There is a new and improved "User Guide and FAQ" that hopefully we can get installed at the top of this thread ASAP.

Good Luck and I hope to see you at the hub!

Last edited by digimaze; 12-28-2013 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: correcting my corrected corrections
Old 05-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

My detailed setup guide and hub FAQ is now at the head of this thread. Check there first if you have technical questions or you want to know the rules for the hub. Much thanks to MerciAlizee for making this possible!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Default What to do when the Alizee Hub is down.

I think I've mentioned this before, but the place to go if the Alizee Hub is offline is our sister hub POPASIA. You'll find instructions in the FAQ on how to get connected at that place.

The reason why I mention this is the Hub will be changing internet service providers and that could mean the hub could be offline for several days.

I know most of you that use the Hub are used to nearly 24 hours a day, seven days a week connectivity and we'll try to return to that pattern as soon as we resolve the ISP issue.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

The Hub... offline? The Alizée Hub DOWN ?? The Mayans were late but right in the end !

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 05-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
The Hub... offline? The Alizée Hub DOWN ?? The Mayans were late but right in the end !
Don't worry buddy: you're already set up at POPASIA so you will hardly notice the difference. That hub is filled with the same dudes that are in the Alizee Hub and Mr T will be hosting it, so that there will be zero down time. With Alizee more active than she has been since maybe 2003, I can assure you if we have any downtime we'll try to keep it to a minimum.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Default Inactive Accounts

Hey Everyone:

I've had a couple people in the last few days discover that their Hub account was closed. I know that occasionally time can get away from you but it's important that you log into the hub at least ONCE A YEAR to keep that from happening to you.

Well, it happened. What should you do?

Though it is true that you can't use main chat or download any of our 20 TB+ of tasty vids without being a currently registered member, all is not lost: you can still send a message to me or any of the other OPs and we can get you back in the game in no time.

In fact, your best bet to reach me for any questions or problems is through a PM in the Hub, since I am online there virtually 24/7. It might take a few hours before I'm in front of my keyboard and can answer you, but this is the fastest way to get results.

See you soon,

digimaze
Old 12-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Default The Hub is Down For a Couple of Days

Hey everyone:

The Hub went down yesterday (the 23rd) due to what seems on first examination to be a router issue. I expect to fix the problem or provide a workaround by no later than the 26th. This also applies to our sister hub POPASIA.

Meanwhile, I wish every one of you the Happiest of Holidays and I'll see you again real soon.

digi
Old 12-24-2013, 11:40 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the heads up Digi. Looking forward for hub to be up and running again.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Elderly Alizée fan

pepon66 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Digimaze for the info, and merry christmas to u and everyone in the AAm forum... i will be back to the Hub as soon as i get a new HDD... HDDs hate me, i don´t know why

Tags
alizee hub