Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM

swagboy is on a distinguished road
Default Stereograms

*** Introduction ***

Download all the stereograms here.
Recommended software: 7zip / WinRAR.

Hello everyone! I came across several stereogram threads around the internet, and I decided to make some stereograms from old Alizée clips myself. Please read the ReadMe.txt file included with the download, as it will give the answer to the most basic questions, and it will inform you about other important things.
What is a stereogram?
A stereogram is an illusion that tricks your brain into thinking it is a 3d image. For tutorials, see below.
Pictures work best on a screen with a mimimal size of 841 x 768. Feedback is appreciated :cheesy:

*** Samples ***

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

*** Tutorials ***

Edit: Download the file for the tutorial links, it will contain tutorials for cross-eyed and wall-eyed methods.

Feedback / Questions? alizeestereograms@hotmail.com
I do not accept html / images / attachments, unless we
have an arrangement.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 11-20-2012 at 11:08 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Very nicely done! Thank you very much and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Very nicely done! Thank you very much and welcome to the forum!
Thank you!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tutorials links , made it way more easier
Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That was pretty neat. Thanks swagboy.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
Thanks for the tutorials links , made it way more easier
no problem, I will add my own tutorial in a future release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That was pretty neat. Thanks swagboy.
Also, no problem

Is anyone having difficulties downloading the file? If this is the case, please let me know!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Those are really cool. How long does it take to create each one? (I want videos!) Or maybe gifs...?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Those are really cool. How long does it take to create each one? (I want videos!) Or maybe gifs...?
Creating one in photoshop isn't the hard part, it takes around 15 minutes to create one. The hardest part is to find a video where she is not moving, and the camera is moving around her. I sometimes had to photoshop some parts out of the pictures, because they would distort the 3d effect. Here's an example.

Note: The quality is inferior, and this is not an actual stereogram.

As for the movies, it is impossible until someone decides to film a performance with a stereo camera. You can make wiggling gifs, but the 3d effect isn't nearly as good as a stereogram.

Last edited by swagboy; 10-05-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagboy View Post
Creating one in photoshop isn't the hard part, it takes around 15 minutes to create one. The hardest part is to find a video where she is not moving, and the camera is moving around her. I sometimes had to photoshop some parts out of the pictures, because they would distort the 3d effect.

As for the movies, it is impossible until someone decides to film a performance with a stereo camera. You can make wiggling gifs, but the 3d effect isn't nearly as good as a stereogram.
The thing that made me think about movie was I downloaded the zipped files and opened the first one and (finally) got focused on it, then I clicked the forward button and went through all the images one after the other without looking away. I thought that if they were of the same performance but sequential then the video effect would have occurred. But now that you mentioned how they are created, I can see it would be tough since you have to have just the right images to make just one.

My phone (HTC Evo V) can take 3d pics and video. Here are the jpgs from a picture I just took. I fail at photoshop for the most part, not much patience. Can you make them into a stereogram? They shouldn't need much editing, maybe cropping? I'm just curious.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
The thing that made me think about movie was I downloaded the zipped files and opened the first one and (finally) got focused on it, then I clicked the forward button and went through all the images one after the other without looking away. I thought that if they were of the same performance but sequential then the video effect would have occurred. But now that you mentioned how they are created, I can see it would be tough since you have to have just the right images to make just one.

My phone (HTC Evo V) can take 3d pics and video. Here are the jpgs from a picture I just took. I fail at photoshop for the most part, not much patience. Can you make them into a stereogram? They shouldn't need much editing, maybe cropping? I'm just curious.

*image*

Here you go. I had to cut off a bit from the right edge, and I also sharpened the pictures. Unfortunately, your images got resized by imageshack, so if you could send me the original pictures you took to alizeestereograms@hotmail.com, I could make a higher quality stereogram.

PS: Mind if I add them to the download file later on? And if I were to do this would you like to receive credit? Just let me know if you want to be mentioned in the download file or in a watermark.

Last edited by swagboy; 10-07-2012 at 02:35 PM..

Tags
3-d, alizee, double, stereogram