Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-14-2014, 08:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Is Alizée still under contract with Sony?

A freind of mine from another forum told me a couple of weeks ago that Alizée had to get out of her contract with Sony in order to work with Disney on the "We love Disney" project. I hadn't heard any other mention of that and wasn't sure how true it might be, but now that it's come out that she's involved with another project with Disney, it lends credence to what he said.

Now is that a good thing? I was deeply disappointed with Sony; certainly not for trying, but I think back when Alizée was with MF/LB, they (Mylene and Laurant) had a diamond in the rough and they polished her to perfection. When she left them, she was back to square one, a diamond in the rough and all Sony's attempts to polish her, went for naught.

So as I said, I don't blame them for lack of effort, but I do feel they have no idea how to bring out the best in her. If this is true, I have a feeling, this new direction of her career is not going to be in a direction that will lead to more albums, but one towards more acting. Now I think if that's the case, we'll all be very happy for her and wish her the best, but I think most of us would rather wish that she will at some point come out with another album, but at this point, I really can't see that happening.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:40 AM

Radicalike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
A freind of mine from another forum told me a couple of weeks ago that Alizée had to get out of her contract with Sony in order to work with Disney on the "We love Disney" project.
Blonde sales were poor and with the tour cancelled maybe she failed to meet contractual obligations...? I can only speculate but I wish her all the best and I'm holding out hope for a final album - final adéu. *fingers crossed*
Old 12-15-2014, 09:38 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

I think the last song on Blonde was her swan song, and she was symbolically saying good bye to her fans, and there would be no more albums.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac524 View Post
I think the last song on Blonde was her swan song, and she was symbolically saying good bye to her fans, and there would be no more albums.
People said the same of the last song in 5, and I think of UEDS too. Of course, each time it's been a little more convincing
Old 12-17-2014, 08:19 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

OK, I know I'm going to get a lot of hate mail on this, but Oh, My God this song is Boring. When Alizee was a teenager before her MF days, she could pick songs better than this. Did she select this song because her voice is so far gone she dare not take any risks? Does she think her last Disney song was such a smash hit that she wanted to stay in that mish-mash groove? Does she understand that every TV spot she gets is not simply an opportunity to sing whatever song happens to be lying around: it's an opportunity to reinvigorate her career? Isn't there someone in France that can help this young woman with her career? Really, Alizee is acting like an 80 year old woman. Someone please get her a walker before she falls down. I can't tell you how painful this is. It's like watching a disaster in the family and being helpless to do anything about it. I'm not demanding that she have an original piece of music available every time she goes before the public, but--come on--there are tons of great songs out there. Surely she--or someone on her staff (assuming she has a staff)--could find something entertaining. It's obvious Garou was kind enough to get her a break to be on this show, so why not do something with it?

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-17-2014 at 08:48 PM..
Old 12-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Senior Moment

P♠N is on a distinguished road

This was a special Garou episode of the show "Du coté de chez Dave".
The song "Sous le vent" is a song that Garou sang with Celine Dion.
Alizée said she was very happy to be able to sing this particular Garou song while being right next to Garou in a TV show for Garou.

♫ ♪ ♪ ♬ ♩

And if you think this is the end
Never
It's just a break, a bit of respite
After all the dangers

And if you think that I forgot you
Listen
Open your body to the winds of the night
Close your eyes
And

Pretend that I've just conquered the sea
I've hoisted the large sail
And I'm gliding on the wind
Pretend that I've just took off the ground
I've found my star
I followed it for a moment

♫ ♪ ♪ ♬ ♩
Old 12-18-2014, 12:56 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by P♠N View Post
This was a special Garou episode of the show "Du coté de chez Dave".
The song "Sous le vent" is a song that Garou sang with Celine Dion.
Alizée said she was very happy to be able to sing this particular Garou song while being right next to Garou in a TV show for Garou.
PN
Thanks for the update. I'm impressed you were able to find this information. It explains a lot. Not only do you explain that the choice of music was not Alizee's, but it also explains what was going on at the one minute mark in the middle of Alizee's song when Gerou put the mic to his mouth. Evidently he expected this to be a duet, but then Alizee continued singing through Garou's part. They must not have done a run-through before the show, so neither singer understood what was supposed to happen.

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-18-2014 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: closing the quoted text
Old 12-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I figured he didn't join in because she sounded so good, so he let her roll with it.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Ah, a mysterious tweet from Sony Music France today...

https://twitter.com/SonyMusicFr/stat...79699706085376

Quote:
Belle rencontre @willemofficiel @mellealizee @patrickfiorioff en ce moment sur TF1 #StarsAuGrandAir

Beautiful meeting @willemofficiel @mellealizee @patrickfiorioff currently on TF1 #StarsAuGrandAir
Old 12-23-2014, 11:55 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I figured he didn't join in because she sounded so good, so he let her roll with it.
She did sound great with it and I was watching the show over in Geneva and there's a group of singers there, but it was so centered around Garou, who is huge in France that it was such a relief to hear a song without his input in it and she did such a great job.