Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 03-11-2018, 08:29 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default 'Super' magazine article from 2001

Here is another magazine article that AIFC shared with us. It's from 'Super' magazine back in 2001.

Super_2001_Interview_Plus_de (1).jpg

Alizée: "For my boyfriend, I've sent other friends packing..."

The craziest thing she's done for love? And the most romantic thing done for her. The most famous person she's met? The most horrible joke that's been played on her? A few days into summer, the sweet Alizée gets ready, for her favorite magazine, to play a little interview game "the most". Magneto!

What bothers you the most in life?
A: Hypocrisy! Really, that bothers me. False kindness, that makes me... Since I'm very naive, I think everyone's nice. At my age, it's normal. But no doubt after what's happened, I'll manage to sort people out...

What's the most horrible practical joke that a friend played on you?
A: When I turned 13, I invited my group of friends to celebrate my birthday. We were supposed to go to the movies and then come home and party. But they all pretended to be busy with something else. I told them: "You're all rotten!" ...That evening when I came home, they were all there! THAT was the surprise! (laughs). It was a friend who had organized all that, with my mother!

What's the most romantic thing someone has done for you?
A: Oh la la! (laughs)... I don't want to say it. It's a secret. Since he's my ex-boyfriend, my current one wouldn't be very happy!

What's the craziest thing you've done for love?
A: It's not something really crazy... My boyfriend is older than me. I argued with my friends who were against the fact that I was going out with an older boy. They wanted to disgust me, but I sent them packing out of love for my boyfriend.

What are you the most afraid of?
A; Of disease. I'm afraid of being paralyzed or losing my vision, for example. You can't foresee these kinds of things, they happen to you without warning. I have two friends who have died, one from a diving accident. Disease and death, it really flips me out.

What music do you hate the most?
A: Rap! Really hard rap, like NTM, isn't my thing. Yet I did buy Eminem's album. I didn't like the first single at all, but I like "Stan" a lot because of the melody.

What's your biggest regret?
A: Not knowing how to speak English correctly. In 6th grade, I was really good. At the beginning of the year, my dad taught me a few things to impress the teacher. But in 7th grade, I had a worthless teacher and afterward, I wasn't able to learn it anymore. I regret it, because now, it would be useful for me. I have to start over again!

What's the stupidest thing a fan has ever done for you?
A: I don't know...All the fans' attention, in any way, touches me enormously. I don't think there's any stupid thing. Except maybe the 30-page love letters...

Except for Mylène Farmer, who is the most famous person you have met?
A: "Patrick Bruel. The first time was when I participated in "Graine de stars". He was the mentor of the show. Then, when I recorded my first TV show for "Lolita", he was there as well. We've met a lot of times on TV. And then we saw each other at the Restos du Coeur. He took me under his wing. He acted like a big brother, he told me: "Don't worry, if there's something wrong, just tell me!" In fact he's the only one that I know well.

What's your biggest dream now?
A: To perform onstage. For the moment, I don't have enough songs for a concert, and since I don't really want to do covers, I'll have to wait for my second album to be released. I'd rather wait and do a good show instead of some little thing. I have no idea what it will look like though! But for now, I'm concentrating on the promotion of my first album

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-13-2018 at 06:48 AM..
Old 03-12-2018, 02:59 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Great find Scruffy, an excellent contribution. I find interviews boring that only discuss her albums. This is interesting because she talks about her thoughts and feelings. This was 17 years ago. It would be interesting to know in what ways has she changed in all those years?

Alizee is not a big fan of rap. That was predictable. It's curious the one tune she chose to speak about was a song by Eminem about a fan going nuts because his idol didn't give him enough attention. She has obviously had experience with that. I wondered how aware she was of the impact she has on her fans. She listed 30-page love letters (emphasis on the plural) as the dumbest things her fans have done, so I think she has some understanding of her influences on other people.

And her biggest regret is not speaking English! One of the things we have discussed repeatedly on Alizeeamerica. I had wondered if she didn't learn English or work the U.S. market because she doesn't like America. Now I'm surprised to discover, English is just too difficult. I'm an English teacher and find English grammar a serious pain in the ass.

It would be interesting to hear what her answers to the last two questions would be today.

Who is the most famous person you have met?
What's your biggest dream now?

On the last question, she has done just about everything, and it's my impression she has everything she wants now. The real question is, How long will that last?

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-12-2018 at 03:01 AM..
Old 03-12-2018, 03:41 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

30 page love letters
Oh man the things she must have heard/ seen in her time as an artist!
I heard someone bit her in an autograph session, is that true?!

Last edited by eru777; 03-12-2018 at 03:49 AM..
Old 03-12-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
30 page love letters
Oh man the things she must have heard/ seen in her time as an artist!
I heard someone bit her in an autograph session, is that true?!
I'm glad mine was only 29.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
And her biggest regret is not speaking English! One of the things we have discussed repeatedly on Alizeeamerica. I had wondered if she didn't learn English or work the U.S. market because she doesn't like America.
I have thought about this more than once. She has spent time vacationing here though. But I don't think one gets a true representation of America if you just go to NYC, LA, or Disneyland.

Quote:
On the last question, she has done just about everything, and it's my impression she has everything she wants now. The real question is, How long will that last?
Will the dance school hold her interest for the rest of her career? I am not sure if she can teach dance the way that Gregoire can - he is the one that somebody would pay the big bucks for. She can probably teach beginners and kids, but is that her ultimate goal?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:49 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

My impression is that she serves as an assistant to Gregorie when he teaches students. I find it hard to believe that Alizee will want to play second fiddle for long or that she will be satisfied with only working in the dance studio with students. That strikes me as a drab life after all the other things she has experienced.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm glad mine was only 29.

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-12-2018 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My impression is that she serves as an assistant to Gregorie when he teaches students. I find it hard to believe that Alizee will want to play second fiddle for long or that she will be satisfied with only working in the dance studio with students. That strikes me as a drab life after all the other things she has experienced.
Maybe drab is what sounds good to her right now? All her experiences the last 17 years have not all been good, and maybe she would want to live on cruise control for a while now that the road is smooth. On the other hand, slowing down is what you start doing at 50, not 33.

What about if Annily would want to make a go in the entertainment industry? I don't even know if she has the talent for that or the aspiration, but just in case, maybe mom would want to keep in circulation to help her out? Maybe Alizee would want to continue doing shows and bring Annily along to get an idea of what rehearsals are like, and how things work back stage.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:18 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Here is a larger image of the interview. Was there a translation of the first four questions also?

Old 03-13-2018, 06:45 AM

Yes and thanks for catching that Ray. I copied the second page of text, but not the first. I'll post that first page here as well as in the first post. I'll have to check to see if I did the same thing in FB.

"Alizée: "For my boyfriend, I've sent other friends packing..."

The craziest thing she's done for love? And the most romantic thing done for her. The most famous person she's met? The most horrible joke that's been played on her? A few days into summer, the sweet Alizée gets ready, for her favorite magazine, to play a little interview game "the most". Magneto!

What bothers you the most in life?
A: Hypocrisy! Really, that bothers me. False kindness, that makes me... Since I'm very naive, I think everyone's nice. At my age, it's normal. But no doubt after what's happened, I'll manage to sort people out...

What's the most horrible practical joke that a friend played on you?
A: When I turned 13, I invited my group of friends to celebrate my birthday. We were supposed to go to the movies and then come home and party. But they all pretended to be busy with something else. I told them: "You're all rotten!" ...That evening when I came home, they were all there! THAT was the surprise! (laughs). It was a friend who had organized all that, with my mother!

What's the most romantic thing someone has done for you?
A: Oh la la! (laughs)... I don't want to say it. It's a secret. Since he's my ex-boyfriend, my current one wouldn't be very happy!

What's the craziest thing you've done for love?
A: It's not something really crazy... My boyfriend is older than me. I argued with my friends who were against the fact that I was going out with an older boy. They wanted to disgust me, but I sent them packing out of love for my boyfriend."
Old 03-14-2018, 04:02 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Oh lala! Nice post Scruffy.