Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivealizee View Post
Because it's hard to believe that a 14-16 year old girl who participates in music shows and sends demotapes to MF doesn't want to be succesfull.

Of course but that was then, when she'd had very little experience of the business and the toll it can take on your personal life. Is it not just possible that once she became 'successful' (2000 - 2004) she found the price of that level of success just too much to bear?

And also her new albums and changes of styles say "I want to be famous (again)".

Yes, but maybe for different reasons and in a different way. I think the new album will be very revealing.

Sure, she is artist, but she wants to make money with her work too, and not just a little bit.
Believing something else is just blinded.
Ultimately this whole discussion / debate rests on definitions of 'success' 'superstar' 'megastar' etc and unless we all agree on the criteria then there can be no real agreement. The point I was trying to make earlier was that I don't think Alizee wants the same level of success that she had back in 2000 - 2004 because I don't think she wants to make the domestic sacrifices that it would entail.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:58 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is it not just possible that once she became 'successful' (2000 - 2004) she found the price of that level of success just too much to bear?
That is indeed possible, but it's very unlikely, because there are hundreds storys similar to hers, there are so many one hit wonders, and I think only a little little part of them doesn't want to be famous.
You may believe it, but it's very unlikely. MF just dropped her because Alizée was getting older, and she made enough money with her. They next years would have been more work for MF while earning less money with the product Alizée.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivealizee View Post
MF just dropped her because Alizée was getting older, and she made enough money with her. They next years would have been more work for MF while earning less money with the product Alizée.
like by MCE... sales were lower in compare with Gourmandises... Lolita just growned up

Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

And there are also not so many real long-lasting superstars, the media wants and creates new stars every moment it seems.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:36 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Euphoria, that article in your first post is what caused me to join the board. I'd been into Alizée since late November early December 2004. On those early forums there was a real animosity for Jeremy and on some other French music boards the woman were slamming Alizée daily for marrying Jeremy. It was pretty ugly back then, with talk of the marriage being nothing more than a publicity stunt or sham. No one was giving it more than six months at most. Then it came out Alizée was pregnant and the haters started to tone down the comments and or left the boards.

The one point I do want to make is if this marriage was in so much trouble from the beginning why would Alizée and Jeremy buy a 4,000 sqft home on a golf coarse in 2008. Then a year or so later in Feb 2009 they go out and buy a commercial building in Villejuif for 180,000 €. The homes on her street in that Golf community are selling for 1.25 million €. The last one sold in less than 90 days.

I'm betting these problems in the marriage started right after the Psychedelices release. The critics panned the album and Jeremy of course had his hands all over that album from the start. Une enfant du siècle's lack of success just turned up the heat on the problems in her marriage and career.

Throw two strong personalities together and I'm betting there is going to be a lot of friction.

As far as the story on the band and her avoiding them I can theorize on that one. Lets see, the word is out that there are problems between Alizée and Jeremy and here are a bunch of sex crazed rock and roller band members.

How many members of that band hit on her while she was in Mexico?
I know guys and this is well with in the possibilities.
If you're a married woman with some family values there is no way you're going to encourage these guys so you're going to keep your distance.
It probably pissed her off and she was distant and not too friendly with any of them. And of course the band thinks she is a stuck up bitch for ignoring them.

As far as the DJ wanting you to take down the YouTube videos of Alizée and him, did you ask why he is upset with her? Anyone remember the fat older guy during that one interview in Mexico asking Alizée when she was going to do a nude spread? I'm wondering how many of these so call men who make disparaging comments against her and say they will never work with her again saw that Corsican side of her because of "their" actions not hers.

I wonder how many of these guys got their butt chewed out for thinking she was an easy piece of tail.

If you notice she only hangs alone, with her girl friends and obviously gay Dancerman. There have been no straight guys that we have seen in her life over the last eight or so months, WHY? I betting she is taking a break from guys for the near future because of a lot of bad situations in the past with men.

I've met lesbians and gays that use to be straight before having a total psycho come into their life, resulting in them switching sides as they say.

Last edited by ALS; 08-08-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

Alizee started to focus on her own style and wanted to show her own ideas, which as we all know is a hit or miss. Most artists stick to the style that sells and in concert play one of their own creations in between the well known numbers.
Alizee lost a large audience with her own style songs. I still only listen to the ols tunes , which bring out her talented voice much better.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Simply radios don't sounds her songs..that's what went wrong..
Old 08-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Well at the end of the day every great artist has their classics.

Alizée's 5th album is coming and that's nothing to sneeze at.. back in 2001 when I discovered her I thought she might just be a shooting star. Well I
knew she was special but I never thought she would still be selling albums 10 years on and I never thought I would be frequenting forums dedicated to her 10 years on either.

Well it's 2012 and we're here still discussing Alizée.. I think that's pretty amazing in itself!!!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-08-2012, 10:41 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Well I knew she was special but I never thought she would still be selling albums 10 years on and I never thought I would be frequenting forums dedicated to her 10 years on either.

Well it's 2012 and we're here still discussing Alizée.. I think that's pretty amazing in itself!!!
And how many different fan boards are there all around the world supporting this woman ten years later? It isn't just you or the members on this board who understand that she is one very special lady.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:34 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Alizee's greatest gift is her - Voice, Personality, and Charisma !!!

Thats why she still famous today. We love her the way she is.