Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-09-2012, 01:58 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Alizee's greatest gift is her - Voice, Personality, and Charisma !!
not sure if forgot about her angelic look

Or just thought it was too obvious to post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:30 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Well please remember my five specific descriptions I stated as "Alizee Effect"

1-Voice
2-Beauty
3-Personality
4-Talent
5-Language

Those makes up my version of the Alizee Effect
Old 08-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

When she left Mylene, she went wrong. When she told a magazine, "it's not the real me.. it was only a role I was playing." she went wrong. When she went tattoo crazy, she went wrong... at least for me.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Alizée's career... Did anything go wrong, or as others have said, did it just evolve? She said she was playing a role, and that it wasn't the real her? (MF/LB days) I'll go along with the playing a role. She was playing the role of a successful recording artist. She was on the radio, doing tv appearances and interviews, had music videos, received awards, sold records, performed live throughout Europe and had a concert tour.

Movie stars play roles too. You don't see the real person in a movie. Buy if they can find the roles to play that get them more work, they get to be 'successful.' If that's what they want.

I've seen a few videos of Alizée that I thought did show the real her. The Star à Domicile episodes seemed to show a certain Alizée. I thought I saw a certain Alizée at the M6 Awards in 2000 video when she won Best New Artist.

I also find it hard to believe that she had no idea there were various meanings to the lyrics back then until M. Chatelain came along. Might her parents have figured it out and said something before MCE?

And if she was all done with the business and had to be dragged back, now that the motivation is supposedly out of the picture, then what is her motivation for a fifth album?

I've learned that people and their motivations and desires change. I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, or even 3 months ago. The things that are important to me change constantly. I don't expect any different for anyone else, and I don't expect to be able to know what motivates Alizée or what she thinks.

Just disconnected thoughts I've been mulling over today....
Old 08-09-2012, 09:39 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
And if she was all done with the business and had to be dragged back, now that the motivation is supposedly out of the picture, then what is her motivation for a fifth album?

I've learned that people and their motivations and desires change. I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, or even 3 months ago. The things that are important to me change constantly. I don't expect any different for anyone else, and I don't expect to be able to know what motivates Alizée or what she thinks.

$$$$$, from what I've been told.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well, some of us prefer to be realistic rather than idealistic. To be honest, the title was more of an attention grabber, but I had a response to what Scruffy said.

Edit:

Also, it's not speculation. I won't be giving out anymore of my info though, because it's not appreciated. I could give a lot more details, but what I've given so far isn't even really deserved.
Realistic and idealistic is very subjective . I see your view as idealistic and capricious . Of course the title is an attention grabber but i went deeper into it on my reply than simply that one part of this subject and that is the main gist of all this .

Again it is all third party perspective with very jealously lined undertones , if ya can't see that i don't know what to tell ya but i will try and explain my view more below .

As for not deserving , that doesn't bother me at all as i said i never even blew up that thing to read it . Pretty sure i've seen it before and didn't take much from it then besides a buncha gossiping grannies who want drama . But you don't have to be afraid to hold back , ain't gonna hurt my feelings either way . Have to agree there with the followiing -

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
come one. i'm not doubting you or anything, just, you aren't making a strong case for yourself.
Quote:
Something definitely went wrong in her career. No, she doesn't have to be a mega superstar to be considered successful, but let's face it, Psychedelices would have been a flop if it weren't for Mexico. In fact, I think it would be better if she did more low key stuff, sticking to small venues and such. Yes, her personal life did have something to do with her career issues, but you can't blame that entirely. Jeremy has maintained a very successful career behind the scenes, and he was the other half of that relationship.
To me successful is just getting an album out the door , most artists can only dream of such . As ptwma said she isn't even really popular in Mexico as most think , heck most of the people i talk to in France when i ask if they're familiar with her are like who ? never heard of her . . .

To be honest i wouldn't recognize Jeremy if he was at my door trying to sell me his record , i'm not even sure he does music . I can tell you though from experience screaming girls buy alot more tunes and teeny bop magazines etc and so on than the guys do . Also i do recall something about him getting his start on one of those American X Karaoke shows which not to be mean to anyone if your into that but those people will pay to phone in and vote so they buy all that crappy untalented karaoke style remake music and whatnot . I really don't know and am not claiming to predict the future but my guess is in the end no one will remember him and many will still be memorizing her . .

Now before i said she would have to tell me herself blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda . Let me tell you , even if she herself sat down with me and told me this went wrong that went wrong . The type of person i am i would do my best to convince her she is wrong thinking like that and try to show what went right , even though we both know she wouldn't think like that . .

Also from what im gathering he is a typical greedy male and a bit of a le'douchebag whereas she doesn't seem to be that way and typical loving female which pretty much says it all . Plus your trying to compare there mother vs father , of course moms gonna focus on the kids whereas dads gonna go off and have fun . That in the end when the lil girls screaming for the man crush of the week mature no one will remember him . Besides perhaps the fact that he married her . Which may seem i am being jealous saying that but not at all . She loved him and had a kid with the guy so he cant be all bad . If she was/is happy with it that is what is most important to me . I doubt if she was bitter would try to re-add him on twitter . Him on the other hand denying her , ya just gotta laugh about it . I'm sure she does and has more good memories than bad as that is life . Anyway that is comparing apples to oranges .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
It all makes sense to me. How hard is it to believe that there are in fact people here who are personally connected with Alizee? She isn't THAT famous and seems more accessible, especially these days, than huge stars. Now, if someone had posted this exact thing about somebody like Katy Perry or Rihanna, I'd be less inclined to believe them, but it's not like Alizee is so elevated into the celeb life that she has no friends or connections to the real world.
O k i see how this is being perceived . What my meaning anyway of the above is like what does it matter what others say or even herself ? It's all writ very shorthand and has no depth at all . There is alot more to it than a few sentences or paragraphs . To sum it all up like that then for us to sit here and this is where the speculation comes in . . . meaningless . Sure it's fun but it doesn't tell the real full story .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Besides, even if you choose to believe it's all made up, their guess is as good as ours since none of us know her personally either, and for that reason it's pretty hypocritical to criticize and tell other people that they're wrong. None of you can say anything that should get more respect or credibility than anyone else because we're all in the same boat in terms of actually having any "behind-the-scenes" info.

Also, I guess thinking something went wrong in her career is subjective, but personally I think something DID go wrong. She's basically gone into obscurity at this point. The only people who really know or follow her are her core fanbase who have been in it from the beginning.

While I'm still a fan, I believe that the only reason she became successful was because MF picked her up and gave her a costume to step into. The MF-LB Alizee was all an act, she was told how to behave during interviews, what to say or not say, how to perform. It was a very meticulously crafted image. Alizee just gave it a face and a voice. It could have been anyone, it just happened to be Alizee Jacotey. Now that it's over, I don't think "just Alizee" has the drive or personality to become a success again. She's beautiful, yes, but there are a lot of beautiful people in this world. She is basically a model, she can do very well for herself, but only if someone gives her an outfit to wear and calls all the shots for her, including directing her behavior.
Well that is just the French music scene , who there ever that had been successful didn't just fall into obscurity . After all this isn't the US market and i doubt France will ever have a Madonna or MJ .

While i won't disagree with it being an act as others have stated here she even said herself . But who can say that if it was someone else it would have been what it was , in fact if it was someone else it could have been more or even less popular . While indeed an act and obviously she was chosen for good reason , that act incorporated her , by her and from her including major parts of her . It's highly doubtful she just went along for the ride without having some major input , influencing every detail as only she could . For instance i'm sure it wasn't o k put this on and you WILL wear this , she definitely had say and was like yeah i like this and don't like that , i will wear this but no WAY i'm wearing THAT ! It's not like o k were cutting that dress shorter , what you don't like it ? YOUR FIRED ! No it was more like is it o k that it's that short can we go a few inches shorter ? Yes i like it and im fine with it , cut off a few inches and lets see . . Plus sure stars are helped with what to say and what not to say with the questions being given beforehand and prepared for but there can be no doubt her personality shined through all the staged material .

Quote:
$$$$$, from what I've been told.
Who of us wouldn't say yes when offered the dollars . . That's just the biz .

Alot more i want to pick on here and this is a really great topic even if i don't come off as having fun with it so sorry to mostly pick on Euphoria here but getting long in the tooth . Perhaps i will go back through given time .
Old 08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Alizée's career... Did anything go wrong, or as others have said, did it just evolve? She said she was playing a role, and that it wasn't the real her? (MF/LB days) I'll go along with the playing a role. She was playing the role of a successful recording artist. She was on the radio, doing tv appearances and interviews, had music videos, received awards, sold records, performed live throughout Europe and had a concert tour.

Movie stars play roles too. You don't see the real person in a movie. Buy if they can find the roles to play that get them more work, they get to be 'successful.' If that's what they want.

I've seen a few videos of Alizée that I thought did show the real her. The Star à Domicile episodes seemed to show a certain Alizée. I thought I saw a certain Alizée at the M6 Awards in 2000 video when she won Best New Artist.

I also find it hard to believe that she had no idea there were various meanings to the lyrics back then until M. Chatelain came along. Might her parents have figured it out and said something before MCE?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:13 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I don't really know what to say. Mostly because I can only decipher bits and pieces of that god awful ramble. I'm not going to try with you people anymore, though. You ask for answers and people give them to you, but you don't want to believe what they say. I guess some people just enjoy being deluded.

I will address a few things you said, though. First of all, I never said she was all that popular in Mexico, I said that if it weren't for Mexico, Psychedelices would have been a flop. It started okay on the French charts, but dropped pretty quickly.

As far as being successful for releasing an album, I can't say I agree with you there. There are thousands of artists that release albums on their own labels and they never make any money off of it. I would consider it a personal accomplishment, but that is different from being successful.

I'm not sure what you mean by you don't know if Jeremy does music. It's been stated multiple times that he does not perform anymore, he works behind the scenes as a composer and producer. Just last year he wrote and composed the children's musical “Pollux et le manège enchanté”, produced by KMMS, M6 and RTL. Yes, he was on Star Academy, but he did not win. Even so, his singing career was very successful until he married Alizee. He found his niche, though and has made a lot of money writing music for other people.

As far as calling Jeremy a douche, what makes you think that? Because he didn't want to be with Alizee anymore? I think you've proven complete ignorance on your part concerning Jeremy. The majority here know absolutely nothing about him. He was Alizee's saving grace the past 9 years and he deserves a little respect.

Lastly, there was this. "Who of us wouldn't say yes when offered the dollars . . That's just the biz ."

I don't disagree, girl has to make a living. He wanted a reason why she would continue though, and that is the reason. Don't make the mistake that she does it because music is a passion of hers.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Good thread. This is the closest I've ever seen this site get to the reality. And I'm by no means an "inside" person, but I know that these people giving you information are definitely to be trusted. It was a difficult thing for me to find out that this impeccable star I fell in love with had so many flaws, but you can accept it and still feel respect, where it is still due. What a roller coaster this whole thing has been, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I don't know why.

That said, at face value, I feel very good about how things have been going recently. The sudden bombardment of Twitter activity etc. has really risen my hope for the future. We shall see.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:40 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't disagree, girl has to make a living. He wanted a reason why she would continue though, and that is the reason. Don't make the mistake that she does it because music is a passion of hers.
Actually, performing is a passion of hers, and music is simply a way to get there.