Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 05-21-2019, 08:04 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

The web sites like Celebrity Net Worth are complete garbage. Other similar sites seem to pull from the same database. There is a long list of celebs and athletes who got themselves into a financial mess with massive debt and owing back taxes. Some had to sell all their assets to satisfy their creditors (e.g. Nicholas Cage) or declare bankruptcy, but if you look up their net worth on these web sites, they still report what is probably their peak net worth when they were the most popular.

Still, there is no way that Alizee was worth 50 million at any time in her career, unless you are talking about pesos. Musical artists make the most money touring, but Alizee did not tour very long. Furthermore, Mylene took probably half of the profit, if not more. The only song that Alizee could have received ongoing royalties from was Moi Lolita, and Mylene has her hand in that pot as well.

Alizee and Jeremy probably had enough cash to make them comfortable with the idea of making it on their own, but that was a bust. Him having to take a job with his parents should be a good indication that they were burning cash faster than it was coming in. Alizee doesn't strike me as a frugal person but more of a "free spirit" when it comes to personal finances. Probably half the human population falls into this category, and that is why they need to pair off with the other half, and not their own half.

Rev gave his thoughts about her net worth some time ago when this topic came up, and I pretty much agree with his assessment. Unless Alizee made some crazy good investments, like buying 100K shares of Apple back in 2003 when it looked like they were doomed, I cannot see how 50 million can be a realistic number.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:14 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quotes by Alizee: She addresses a number of things we have discussed in detail and answers some questions we have raised.

A brief summary of what you will find on the link below:

I'm very critical of myself.

I wouldn't like to say (of plans in the near future) because I am very superstitious. So, I hope things will carry on as they are now. -- This might explain why it took so long to announce her pregnancy.

My true pleasure in this business is singing before an audience.

I'm always a little nervous before getting out there, but once I'm on stage I could never stop. -- answers our questions about her stage fright.

I don't want to tell it (the most romantic thing anybody has done to her). It's a secret. It was my ex-boyfriend, the new one will not be happy to hear it!

I don't like to lie and, either way, I can't even lie.

I think I was born under a lucky star.

Liking to seduce isn't a sin

I want to get to know the arena, know the slightest little detail, the least little step, the slightest spotlight so that I could sing and dance with my eyes closed. And so that from the beginning to the end, the people won't get tired of me. -- This covers another of our discussions.

https://alizee-music.blogspot.com/20...ee-quotes.html

Last edited by Shepherd; 05-30-2019 at 07:19 PM..
Old 05-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

This is a great find. Thanks Shepherd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post

I find these two very interesting and related. Outside of hitting the PowerBall, I find we make our own luck. Alizee seems to think her success was due to being "lucky." Granted Alizee had the looks. But she had great talent as well. She wasn't a bimbo that Mylene picked out randomly. In fact, the early Alizee looked quite awkward. I think Mylene is extremely business smart but I think she did not expect the extent of Alizee's success.

Quote:
I feel she is being truthful here. I go back to a video Scruffy posted on YouTube, where Alizee shows a bit of attitude with Gregoire. Alizee shows some attitude that she cannot invent another personality, which in her mind is like lying.

This attribute is more precious than gold.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:12 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"I want to get to know the arena, know the slightest little detail, the least little step, the slightest spotlight so that I could sing and dance with my eyes closed. And so that from the beginning to the end, the people won't get tired of me." -- This covers another of our discussions.
I really think she does create a "map" of the stage in her head. We all create mental maps of the space around us, but I would guess that Alizee has an extreme ability to do this-- to the point where she sees it vividly in her mind. I speculate that she does it in real time when she's performing. Its like Alizee has a video monitor in her head--- one that enables her to literally watch herself as she performs. That built-in "video monitor"-- so to speak-- is what makes Alizee so damn good.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quotes by Alizee: She addresses a number of things we have discussed in detail and answers some questions we have raised.

A brief summary of what you will find on the link below:

I wouldn't like to say (of plans in the near future) because I am very superstitious. So, I hope things will carry on as they are now. -- This might explain why it took so long to announce her pregnancy.

My true pleasure in this business is singing before an audience.

I'm always a little nervous before getting out there, but once I'm on stage I could never stop. -- answers our questions about her stage fright.

I don't want to tell it (the most romantic thing anybody has done to her). It's a secret. It was my ex-boyfriend, the new one will not be happy to hear it!

Liking to seduce isn't a sin

I want to get to know the arena, know the slightest little detail, the least little step, the slightest spotlight so that I could sing and dance with my eyes closed. And so that from the beginning to the end, the people won't get tired of me. -- This covers another of our discussions.

https://alizee-music.blogspot.com/20...ee-quotes.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This is a great find. Thanks Shepherd!

I find these two very interesting and related. Outside of hitting the PowerBall, I find we make our own luck. Alizee seems to think her success was due to being "lucky." Granted Alizee had the looks. But she had great talent as well. She wasn't a bimbo that Mylene picked out randomly. In fact, the early Alizee looked quite awkward. I think Mylene is extremely business smart but I think she did not expect the extent of Alizee's success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I really think she does create a "map" of the stage in her head. We all create mental maps of the space around us, but I would guess that Alizee has an extreme ability to do this-- to the point where she sees it vividly in her mind. I speculate that she does it in real time when she's performing. Its like Alizee has a video monitor in her head--- one that enables her to literally watch herself as she performs. That built-in "video monitor"-- so to speak-- is what makes Alizee so damn good.
That is a great find Shepherd made. She said her true pleasure is singing before an audience. I believe that was said in the 'early years', when she had so much success. In recent years, I believe she has led us to believe her first love was dance and I'm sure that's true, but I think her lack of success after leaving MF, may have dampened her enthusiasm for singing as opposed to dancing. I think her performances during those early years generated applause and more especically looks of jealousy, looks of envy that she hasn't seen of the same level as with those early years. I think she misses that.

As far as "I think Mylene is extremely business smart but I think she did not expect the extent of Alizee's success. ". So true! In her performances the inner person shines through. She was an Opie of the Andy Griffith show, a kid with great character. She was the Aaronius of Alizee America, another young man of great character.
It's easy to pick someone whose beautiful on the outside, but to find someone like Alizee, with such beauty on the inside, was like finding the perfect pearl in a sea full of oysters.

As far as "I don't want to tell it (the most romantic thing anybody has done to her). It's a secret. It was my ex-boyfriend, the new one will not be happy to hear it!". Maybe someday as Carly revealed to fan who "You're so vain" was about, maybe Alizee can reveal what this was in reference to.

As far as Alizee having an ability to map the stage, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Trying to follow in her farther's footsteps, I think she was good in math and physics which probably helped in her ability to do that, but I'll point out one other thing in my personal experiences in visiting Ajaccio.

In one of my first visits there, I dropped by the studio of Madam Mufraggi where Alizee learned to dance. Now I had communicated my intentions to go there through Merci Alizee who had communicated with her before. I had expressed my intent to stop by there when no students were there, because I didn't want to do anything to compromise their privacy.

Well If I remember history right, I think she said it was okay. On the day I went there, she gave me one of the warmest greetings I ever got in my life. She started showing me around, but I said I wanted to take some pictures and I'd rather do it when there were no young students around and there were plenty when I got there. She told me Tuesday was her cleaning day and that would be a good day and I offered to help her. Before I left though, she showed me a wide, but narrow room. It was like a long closet and she said Alizee used to practice here. I wondered how in the world could she practice in here.

So I left and I showed up on Tuesday and it was like I met the anti Kirk. She didn't even want to talk to me. It was apparent she had talked to someone who probably said all the harm that could come to her students by having pictures posted on line, though I said I wanted to come by when her students weren't there. She also posted pictures on line of her own students at a later date!

The bottom line of what I'm getting at is that small room that she said Alizee used to practice in, was like dancing in a phone booth. If she could dance in there, she could dance anywhere.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-01-2019 at 10:50 AM..
Old 06-03-2019, 02:01 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I suddenly feel old.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:19 AM

You feel old? During my vacation a couple of weeks ago, my plane arrived in Athens. A bus took us from the plane to the terminal. I was standing up in the bus, holding onto to one of those straps hanging down. There was a woman, I'd say late 20ish, sitting in front of me. She looked up at me and offered me her seat. That's what makes you feel old.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:40 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

What made you feel old is considered a sign of respect where I was raised.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:45 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think her lack of success after leaving MF, may have dampened her enthusiasm for singing as opposed to dancing. I think her performances during those early years generated applause and more especically looks of jealousy, looks of envy that she hasn't seen of the same level as with those early years. I think she misses that.
Who was jealous/envious of Alizee?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think Mylene is extremely business smart but I think she did not expect the extent of Alizee's success.
Yes; I think Alizee went way beyond Mylene's expectations.

No one seems to know precisely what Mylene saw in Alizee. I guess Mylene has never talked about it in interviews? It is possible that Mylene was right for the wrong reason. For instance, it is possible that Alizee's unusual name and "exotic" appearance led Mylene to think that Alizee would be ideal for the song "Moi Lolita." In other words, while Mylene could see that Alizee had good stage presence, it was Alizee's name and "exotic" appearance that was the defining factor. And so for Mylene, it was pure luck that this young girl with the unusual name and exotic appearance turned out to be a phenomenal performer, rather than a merely competent one.

I really don't know, of course. I'm just saying, its possible that Mylene was right for the wrong reason--- whatever that "wrong reason" might have been.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 06-03-2019 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-03-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Who was jealous/envious of Alizee?

Edit:

Yes; I think Alizee went way beyond Mylene's expectations.

No one seems to know precisely what Mylene saw in Alizee. I guess Mylene has never talked about it in interviews? It is possible that Mylene was right for the wrong reason. For instance, it is possible that Alizee's unusual name and "exotic" appearance led Mylene to think that Alizee would be ideal for the song "Moi Lolita." In other words, while Mylene could see that Alizee had good stage presence, it was Alizee's name and "exotic" appearance that was the defining factor. And so for Mylene, it was pure luck that this young girl with the unusual name and exotic appearance turned out to be a phenomenal performer, rather than a merely competent one.

I really don't know, of course. I'm just saying, its possible that Mylene was right for the wrong reason--- whatever that "wrong reason" might have been.
I think maybe I'm misunderstanding this question. I think it would be much easier to come up with a list of women who weren't jealous/envious of Alizee than those who were. It certainly would be a much shorter list.
Here's a few pictures from her J'en ai marre pour Laurette performance and the looks it evoked. There is also the woman after her performance on New Years eve, singing a medley, who seemed to be flustered to be in her presence.

Attachment 2667

Attachment 2668

Attachment 2669

jealous medley.jpg

There was also a video I put together of a male fan who is mesmerized by her during one of her En Concert performances. It looks like his girlfriend is standing next to him . She looks at him and he doesn't even notice her because all he has eyes for is Alizee.

Now the outfit she wore in J'en ai marre pour Laurette was a costume. It was just made for her performances. But the outfit she wore in Japan, which was very similar to the outfit she wore in some of her performances such as J'en ai marre Festivalbar in Pistoia 2003, was not a costume, it was an outfit. It was an outfit that an uptown girl, ala Christy Brinkley might wear to an upscale restaurant. Now if a young woman was in that restaurant having dinner with a new boyfriend she was trying to impress and Alizee walked in wearing this outfit, do you think that woman would be a little jealous or envious? I think even Christie Brinkley might be envious of Alizee and Alizee would probably be envious of her too.

jealous japan.jpg

As far as Alizee exceeding MF's expectations, I think that's the incredible truth. I think one thing that probably impressed Mylene was her enormous confidence on stage. We can see in the moments before and after, she looks like she's somewhat nervous, but the stage was her universe. This young lady who was just the right age for what MF had in mind, would need little coaching.

Then you look at her character. At the moment the other young girl won the second competition, Alizee smiled at what must've been a very disappointing moment for her, then she congratulated the winner. It showed a lot of class.
I wonder too if Alizee's shorter hair might have played a role in her being picked by MF? Did it make her look younger, fitting into the Lolita role?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-28-2020 at 04:23 AM..