Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 AM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinluvr91 View Post
i think its kinda mean of your friends to laugh at you and say that you got "soft" because Alizée's music just has such a positive impact on people but its good that you dont care what they think of you for listening to her music
My all time favourite album which is "MCMXC a.D" of Enigma is much softer and I don't see people arguing about it. The reason of strangeness is in Alizee's music for children and all the pink aura to her. She herself makes you think she is very-very feminine and soft. A bit gay many may say, but I don't care. I can forget easely those people, but I can't forget Alizee "for eternity".
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road
Talking I can relate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
At 44 years old I don't get laughs, I get weird looks....very weird looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Yeah - i've gotten the weird looks and the "DOM" (Dirty Old Man) thing from a couple of people - then i ask if they need their diapers changed, do they need a burp, or is it past their "nappy" time.... They leave me alone after that......
Yes, same here, for the most part, also at 44. What can I say ... I've always liked pop music ... old American pop from the 50's all the way through the late 80's, J-pop (Japanese pop), euro-pop (mostly what used to be called "dance"). It's typically simple music, easy to both listen to actively or use as background, catchy and hooky. But at least a few of my peers (many significantly younger than I) insist that if the music isn't edgy, radical, "urban", obscure, dark, violent or filled with obscenities ... it must be "gay".

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
A bit gay many may say, but I don't care.
When promoting Alizée to friends and cohorts, I used to hear quite a bit of "what are you ... a 13-year old girl or gay ?". Then I show them the JEAM TV performance, the one with Alizée in the little dark-blue pseudo-velvet sailor suit with the goldfish on the bun.

The whole "gay" theory pretty much gets flushed down the crapper at that point.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 AM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
When promoting Alizée to friends and cohorts, I used to hear quite a bit of "what are you ... a 13-year old girl or gay ?". Then I show them the JEAM TV performance, the one with Alizée in the little dark-blue pseudo-velvet sailor suit with the goldfish on the bun.

The whole "gay" theory pretty much gets flushed down the crapper at that point.
Yes! I agree, the prejudice thing! That's why they are dumb. It's funny, though when they face their ignorance on the plate. Something like this looking, yes!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Norwegian

Fusoya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
When promoting Alizée to friends and cohorts, I used to hear quite a bit of "what are you ... a 13-year old girl or gay ?".
HAHA, thanks for the laugh!
I almost fell of my chair when reading the last part

And to be honest...I felt like this at first when I listened to Alizée...
I didnt know how I was going to present her music to the guys
My circle of friends usually listens to electronica and metal.
But now everyone knows that Im just the "Alizée guy"

I havent told them that I have bought all her music though, haha!

Last edited by Fusoya; 01-24-2008 at 10:18 AM..
Old 01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

At first my friends and family just found it quite weird and then they noticed how much time I spend listening to her, learning about her, and on this site, now they say I have a obsession. They dont quite understand why I like her just that I do and they accept it now. I still catch jokes from it, but it's just what friends do, we poke fun at eachother. It is not a big deal really, they listen to what they like and I listen to what I like.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:18 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

they tell me im gay. then i tell them to shut up, then i go put on a tank top and daisy dukes and a fanny pack, and go shopping for some handbags on my roller blades.

but seriously, they like her music well enough, but most of them just like her nice ass. they also find it weird that a guy like me who listens to hard core rock, grunge, metal music would like that kind of music. i try to remind them that i also like christina aguilera's music at the same time i was listening to slipknot. that usually doesnt work, they just find me even weirder, and they question their friendship with me.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
they tell me im gay. then i tell them to shut up, then i go put on a tank top and daisy dukes and a fanny pack, and go shopping for some handbags on my roller blades.
Oh, man. Gotta wash my brain out with battery acid to get rid of THAT image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
but seriously, they like her music well enough, but most of them just like her nice ass.
Can't argue with them on that one.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Happy Happy! :)

Moi-aimes-Alizée is on a distinguished road

My mates says that she looks ok but that most swedish people listen to crap heavy metal and such and they dislike this kind of music and girls that doesnt take off their cloths on the stage
Old 01-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Most of the guys I showed Alizee videos like the Jeam video, they find her very attractive. But they are not into her music, except for one guy who brought her fist two albums when they came out years ago, but I don't think he is not really into her music anymore eventhough he still finds her attractive. I, like others on this forum, would get weird looks or probably think I am weird if I play her music.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Super User

Paulina is on a distinguished road

My closest friend thinks she's cool and likes her and her music but my other friends thinks it's weird because it's in another language.