Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Will U.S. radio stations be playing Alizée's music?

If it's true that Alizée is coming to the USA, Will U.S. radio stations start playing her music, and when would they start playing it. I would think RCA would have the most control over this and I would think that they'd want to have some songs released pre concert to ensure more sales. Will they play some of her earlier songs or mainly focus on her latest cd? The plot is thickening!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

If Alizée sets foot on U.S. soil to do a concert, best bet is that she'll be in Puerto Rico, Hawaii or maybe Guam. These are the only places in "the U.S." that she has any substantial fanbase - everywhere else, all she could get to go to her shows would be US, which wouldn't even close to fill up a mid-size hall.

And don't hold your breath waiting for "regular" U.S. radio to play any Alizée songs - broadcasters of the size that could make the difference wouldn't play ANYTHING whose lyrics aren't in English.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

DJ greg, who used to come by here alot....don't think his been here lately, did play her music on the air for an indy radio station Back in the East coast, i think it was for college. Other than that, I don't think her music has even been played on Mainstream Radio...unless there is a MASSIVE promotion done by RCA to promote her US concert....then maybe it will be played.....we'll see.

Here's DJ greg's thread: http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=250
Old 05-09-2008, 01:20 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I know a number of us have called, emailed, and otherwise gotten in touch with radio stations around the country. The ones in my area have rejected playing Alizée's music.

I have placed a Corsican curse on them for this dissing!
May their DJ's come down with laryngitis for weeks at a time, and a case of pink-eye, so as not to be able to read their on-air stuff!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thinking about it some more, I think "if" she ever comes to this country to do a show, the only way they would probably promote it is with some one minute commercials with short clips of her different songs and if afterwards, her show was a big success, only then would we see the possibility of her music being played on the radio.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:04 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
DJ greg, who used to come by here alot....don't think his been here lately, did play her music on the air for an indy radio station Back in the East coast, i think it was for college. Other than that, I don't think her music has even been played on Mainstream Radio...unless there is a MASSIVE promotion done by RCA to promote her US concert....then maybe it will be played.....we'll see.

Here's DJ greg's thread: http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=250
I know a DJ for a late-night heavy metal show at a college and he plays Alizée when I tune in, but I can't imagine college shows having any widespread effect.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

I would love to attempt to help out with promoting her stuff to radio stations. I would think the best bet would be to try the colleges first, not sure how the will be received. There is an NPR station that plays indie and non-mainstream rock. But i think its affiliated with a college. That idea would bear more fruit than attempting to get the 4-5 Clear channel stations in my area to play her stuff. All those stations ever play is Ozzy Osborne, AC/DC and Van Halen (wooooopdeee doooo).
Old 05-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
I know a DJ for a late-night heavy metal show at a college and he plays Alizée when I tune in
Sounds like me a few years ago!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Tical 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
If Alizée sets foot on U.S. soil to do a concert, best bet is that she'll be in Puerto Rico, Hawaii or maybe Guam. These are the only places in "the U.S." that she has any substantial fanbase - everywhere else, all she could get to go to her shows would be US, which wouldn't even close to fill up a mid-size hall.

And don't hold your breath waiting for "regular" U.S. radio to play any Alizée songs - broadcasters of the size that could make the difference wouldn't play ANYTHING whose lyrics aren't in English.
If she does come to Hawaii and some of you guys come, I can be the tour guid and translator
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

I can't ever imagine turning on my radio and hearing some Alizée. Sorry.