Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 PM

super5 is on a distinguished road
Default Better chances of Alizee coming here?

Are the chances of her coming her still very low? or have they gotten higher, cause ive never been to a concert, and i'd LOVE for this to be first one.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Well I believe still preaty low but who knows how her 4rth album will hit.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:13 PM

super5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
Well I believe still preaty low but who knows how her 4rth album will hit.
hopefully the album will catch the American Media and people will like it, so im not the only one in milwaukee who's heard of her!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:12 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

(whispers) if you pay her she will come
Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

I hope the new album will come with an english song, and if so happens, Alizée should try the States !
Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

I would think there would be two main focuses of this new album. The first would be to make one or two songs in Spanish to help maintain her current fan base in Mexico, because right now, it looks like that is the only place she can fill up a concert hall.

But the main focus has to be to win back fans in her home country, so I would think the rest of the songs would be in French. The French are a very proud people and it's got to be a very big thorn in her side that she has had to cancel two concerts in Paris, so I'd be surprised if any of the new songs are in English.

I think the best we can hope for is that there might be a couple of songs on there like J'ai pas vingt ans and JAM, that lend themselves easily to translation. Actually it wasn't that easy, because they did have to modify the lyrics quite a bit, but with some songs it's a lot easier than others.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-14-2009 at 12:08 AM..
Old 07-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

my dear friend super 5.. where have you been?!

we've all been racking our brains as to how to promote here in the America so that she have a concert here.

and i feel ya in the alienation.. im pretty sure im the only one in naperville and all surrouding areas (maybe all of illinois?) that knows about her.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
But the main focus has to be to win back fans in her home country, so I would think the rest of the songs would be in French. The French are a very proud people and it's got to be a very big thorn in her side that she has had to cancel two concerts in Paris, so I'd be surprised if any of the new songs are in English.
Well, If there is any better time to hit the U.S. market with an english song, that's RIGHT NOW.
As we have discussed before, her catchy songs are already about 5 years old.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I know a lot of artists feel the French music industry is pretty poisonous right now. Alizée isn't the only big name to cancel concerts there (e.g. Lorie).
So even if she is going to try winning back some fans at home, I wouldn't say that rules out something in English and/or a stab at other markets.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:37 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Well, If there is any better time to hit the U.S. market with an english song, that's RIGHT NOW.
As we have discussed before, her catchy songs are already about 5 years old.
Hey Edgar,

I've heard in this thread and other related ones the fact that her better songs are getting old. This really "shouldn't" be an obstacle. The thing that matters most is that many people who we are trying to spread the news to in this country would be hearing her for the first time.

When I first heard Moi Lolita, it was already over 7 years old. I could not have cared less. I don't know how many times I played that song over and over again on the first day that I heard it. Far more than any other song I've ever heard and JAM was a close second.

Her songs are timeless. They aren't dated by the type of music or by the story they tell like lets say a song about the Vietnam war would be, so the age of her songs "shouldn't" be a factor.

But unfortunately it is, in the narrow minds of the people we need to try and spread the word of Alizée, the dj's, the producers, what have you.

Hopefully this new album will have some good songs on it that if are not in English, she will soon follow up with English versions that we can package in with the old (?) stuff.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-14-2009 at 12:40 AM..