Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Man you guys keep making it seem like she has to KNOW English to be able to read it on her English-speaking fan sites...

But one would think that she'd do the smart thing which is use a "1-click-to-translate-the-whole-page" service like Google Translate which can be ran in IE, Mozilla, and best of all Chrome.
Pretty much this. I know that when I go looking for french articles I keep a finger on the "Translate" button. I'm sure she does the same.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Pretty much this. I know that when I go looking for french articles I keep a finger on the "Translate" button. I'm sure she does the same.
Yeah cause she is as smart (if not(SHE DEFINITELY IS) smarter) as you and I lol.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Those translators do work fairly well. You can definitely get the gist of what is being said, but I often find that there are a few words either wrong or not quite in the right order and I find myself very quickly getting a head ache trying to figure it all out.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:52 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well at the end of the private autograph session last year, I asked aloud if we could film her saying hello to Alizee America and that had to be translated to her and that's not a very complicated question, English wise, and when I asked her to try on the AAm hat, that too had to be translated to her.

Also when ever we (the 4 reps of AAm) would say something to each other or to some of the other people in the room who spoke English, ala Instatubes, the media, and the Virgin Megastore mgr, she never once responded in anyway indicating she understood what was being said.
WOW! I know she wasn't fluent in English by any means, but that's new to me. It's cool not knowing a lick of French, and it being mutual for her not knowing English thanks for that bit of info, Scruff. I have that video favorited of her saying hello to AA, but never really gave too much thought as to simplistic that is to say in English for foreign speakers.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I believe Alizée probably reads English pretty good. If you think about it, she has had a lot more exposure to English throughout most of her life compared to the amount of exposure the average person here has had to French. She has listened to, and even sang a lot of English language music, for example. She has also had English classes.

I also believe Alizée likes to represent herself well in public and prefers not to speak or answer in English unless she has to, simply because she doesn't like to make mistakes or be embarrassed. It's been posted before, but the first 20 seconds of this video shows her using English rather than Spanish. She isn't perfect at it, but it shows she can put a few sentences together and get her point across. I don't think she learned and rehearsed this word for word, because if she had, knowing Alizée, she would have said it perfectly.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TJAN__ylIBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I also believe Alizée likes to represent herself well in public and prefers not to speak or answer in English unless she has to, simply because she doesn't like to make mistakes or be embarrassed. It's been posted before, but the first 20 seconds of this video shows her using English rather than Spanish. She isn't perfect at it, but it shows she can put a few sentences together and get her point across. I don't think she learned and rehearsed this word for word, because if she had, knowing Alizée, she would have said it perfectly.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TJAN__ylIBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I've always admired that about her. She seems to take a lot of little steps to make her public image clean and perfect. Very neat and professional, it's rare in entertainers, especially nowadays.

Is it just me or is it a treat every time she speaks english? Her accent is too cute.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've always admired that about her. She seems to take a lot of little steps to make her public image clean and perfect. Very neat and professional, it's rare in entertainers, especially nowadays.

Is it just me or is it a treat every time she speaks english? Her accent is too cute.
Lol no its not just you .... she is adorable indeed
Did not looked rehearsed to me, nevertheless she speaks English better than many of my crappy professors who have been here for a few years

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
it's not just you...i specifically watch videos of her speaking english for pure enjoyment since her accent is
Old 06-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
it's not just you...i specifically watch videos of her speaking english for pure enjoyment since her accent is
where is the like button?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-29-2011, 05:43 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I believe Alizée probably reads English pretty good. If you think about it, she has had a lot more exposure to English throughout most of her life compared to the amount of exposure the average person here has had to French. She has listened to, and even sang a lot of English language music, for example. She has also had English classes.

That could very well be. She's probably smart enough to realize if at let's say the autograph session, she tries to converse in English and she makes some type of mistake, it will be all over Youtube the next day.

Tags
alizee, english, les collines, limelight, video