Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2010, 03:41 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default 2010-04-05 Télé 7 Jours n° 2602 magazine interview

2010-04-05 Télé 7 Jours n° 2602 magazine interview translation by Roman

(Friday April 9 France 2 23h05 you will get the last word!)

She is one of the most rare French singers who export themselves. At 25 years, the young mother abandons the baby doll look and pays hommage to Edie Sedgwick, muse of the sixties, in her new album. We've gotten some reactions to the texts of her songs.

Alizée
The seed of a star has really grown up!

Remember Moi... Lolita the hit of the summer of 2000, remained seven months in the top 10 sales of singles, and allowed Alizée to be spotted and produced by Mylène Farmer. This time, the ex-"seed of a star" releases Une Enfant du Siècle (A child of the century), her fourth album, more electro and more pop. More mature as well. Moreover, the former baby doll, after a triumphant Mexican tour, took back her independance while signing with the label Institubes. And she intends to return quickly to the stage.

Your new lyrics, like "She waited for a limousine under the Tiffany canopy / One might have taken her for the daughter of the president... " recount a curious course...
The ensemble of songs retraces the history of Edie Sedgwick, both actrice and model in the 60s, muse of Andy Warhol, who frequented the Factory in New York and died at the age of 28 from an overdose. Through the thread of different songs, I incarnate this vamp who meets Andy, loses her way in the parties at the Factory, and ends up leaving this world of the night and glitter which, finally, is not her's.

Since your start at the age of 16, your style has changed: "We are all the girls of Eden / The manor house ladies of the sealed heart... " So, is that the end of the lolita look?
I'm 25, I've grown up and I am the mother of a little Annily, 5 years old. And the fashion has changed too. I no longer wear high cut skirts or over the knee socks. I have opted for the jean jacket which I adore right now.

In Les Collines (the hills), you sing, "Hunted, I've reached the hills / I took to the maquis" What does this evoke for you?
Corsica! My island is always present, in my songs as in my life. When I'm weighed down by work, I know that this magical place exists where I feel well. Only there do I recharge and keep my head upon my shoulders. It helps me withstand the pressure.

In the song Une fille difficile (a difficult girl), you admit, "Often I turn toward the storm / life keels over at the border..." Is that really you?
I'm often told that I am ill tempered. I am very stubborn and I know what I want. And then I'm Corsican, from where I get this strong willed temperament. *2 I lose my temper rarely, but when it happens... *3

In Fantômes, you evoke, "my dark sides, my hours of shadow, my dangers, my illusions."
I am very afraid of illness, for me as for those close to me. In particular for my daughter Annily and Jérémy Châtelain, my husband. Both of them, we live a love inseparable and confederate.
Interview Marie-Anne Gongora

Info +
The Factory, opened by Andy Warhol in 1964 in New York, was a workgroup of highly reputed artists. At once an exposition gallery, film studio, concert hall and night club, this mythic place offered the elite of the New York jet-set the opportunity to slum with all the derelicts, depressives and druggies who Warhol liked to surround himself with during giant parties.

Star of tv series... in México!
In México, Alizée is a superstar. In 2008, she discovered that she is considered a mini-Madonna there. A monsterous tour, filled concert halls, two gold disks and a Luna Award for Best international pop artist. Furthermore, to thank her fans across the Atlantic, Alizée recorded a title in Spanish, Candida. She also did a bit in a television series, a telenovela entitled Las Tontas No Van al Cielo "stupid girls don't go to heaven" (?). In this true melodrama, we discover Candy, the young heroine, reconciling with her womanizing husband (?), during an Alizée concert at the Auditorio Nacional de México. The cult scene of a cult series!

*1 (answered)
*2 I've seen Alizée say stuff like this so many times. I really wonder what it is like in Corsica that this could be so. One starts to think of the Spartans after reading her say this so many times. Is this madness? This is Corsica!
*3 ha ha, I think I've known women like that. Actually, thinking on my childhood, that kind of reminds me of my mom. Man, sometimes when she'd lose it...

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 04-15-2010 at 04:26 PM..