Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

This is my kind of album ! I love the variety and her voice sounds excellent ! I can't pick a favorite at this point, but I loved 50/60 the first time I heard it and I love the way she's singing in Idealiser. Décollage is my least favorite at this point, but I may feel different when I hear the whole thing.

All in all, I think Alizée has taken her singing skills up another notch.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:25 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

50/60 and Mademoiselle Juliette were the only songs I liked, the rest of them were horrible. These two songs alone will have to carry this album. Can that be done? Of course, many albums only have two great songs on them and have sold well
Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

I saved the samples, if anyone have troubles with http://musique.01net.com/Alizee/ , I can upload them somewhere.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:07 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
50/60 and Mademoiselle Juliette were the only songs I liked, the rest of them were horrible. These two songs alone will have to carry this album. Can that be done? Of course, many albums only have two great songs on them and have sold well
Well, I thought that too when I first listened to the samples. I thought that the first 2 were good, but the rest... WHAT HAPPENED? Now that i've listened to them over, I like them a LOT more.

Her album should do well. I still believe, however, that those two songs are so much different than the rest of the album, and that I was expecting something WAY different form this album.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Well from what I heard of the songs so far I like it. Really different from what we are used to, but not bad at all. I really like all the songs but still a little iffy on Décollage because I am not much a fan of rap. It might not be so bad after I hear more because there are some rap songs I really like, but just not a favorite genre of mine. Overall though they seem to be really great tracks and I can't wait until the album is released and I can hear the full song's.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:33 PM

daniel1985 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I absolutely agree.

It's like I had a thought in my head... and then YOU posted it.

I'm sure I will get used to the other songs, although it is interesting that alot of people have mixed feelings at this point.

I can only say that with the original Alizee songs, that made us all fall in love with her, you didn't have to 'get used to them'.

But yes, 50/60 & Mademoiselle Juliette - top notch!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Honestly, I think Matrix is 100% dead on here.
What can I say?

At this point, I'm just kinda disappointed. Complete let down, really. I guess she just went in a music direction that I'm not really a fan of.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Moe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead2gold View Post
Honestly, I think Matrix is 100% dead on here.
What can I say?

At this point, I'm just kinda disappointed. Complete let down, really. I guess she just went in a music direction that I'm not really a fan of.
and i thought MJ and 50/60 are not that great....

disappointed here too

Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can only say that with the original Alizee songs, that made us all fall in love with her, you didn't have to 'get used to them'.
Aww come on!

Sure they were catchy back when Mylene was writing for her.
But you just don't get it.

Her songs were "catchy" back then, but that is ALL they were. No meaning, no message, no complexity, it looked good on the outside, but it was an artificial mess on the inside. And that wasn't alizee's fault at all.

Now, they have expression, artistry, meaning, messages, and definately complexaty. There not the same 4 chords played over and over again that I've heard ten thousand times in the music industry any more. There not some simple plastic songs. These songs that we have now are rich, mature songs. You see how this improves after her split from Mylene?

Don't get me wrong; some of her songs were good.
Moi lolita, l'alize, j'en ai marre, j'ai pas vignt ans they were all plastic and simple and didnt mean much. Okay, so your a lolita and you like to flirt? How is that poetry? And okay, your fed up with everything... would you like to elaborate.. is there a story of some sort? No.. and j'ai pas vignt ans melody is BEAUTIFUL but .. wait.. what? what are you singing about? ohh your taking this beautiful melody and singing about how your not twenty years old? Mylene.. do you want this girl to fail?
However, L'email a des ailes, toc de mac, a contre current, all of those were amazingly good songs... notice how, as much as they should be, they were never turned into singles except A contre corrent. Again, why mylene?

Mylene's another story.
But all Im saying is that alizee's songs in psychedelices now have depth and mean something. she is expressing her life through these songs, and she's even stated that she wanted to make this album, sure for her fans, but mostly to express herself and she wanted all of this to be in her control.

Bravo alizee. Your songs aren't just good music, they're poetry

Last edited by MesGourmandises; 11-16-2007 at 07:07 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I think you can't say much about the album judging by these samples. But I like what I hear so far...