Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

As you see, celebs love Corsica...
Sun, warm sea, great weather, not far from mainland, so why not love Corsica?
Perfect place to spend some time in quite calm place.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:03 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
Sun, warm sea, great weather, not far from mainland, so why not love Corsica?
Perfect place to spend some time in quite calm place.
And ,as you see, Mylène is not very far away...
Old 07-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Merci Alizée

Press updates from nidalizee:

Check it out here. http://www.nidalizee.com/news/

French press

COSMOPOLITAN July 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/cosmo-440.jpg
TETU July 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/tetu-157.jpg
CLOSER June 25, 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/closer-263.jpg
PUBLIC June 25, 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/public-363.jpg
MOVE TRIBE May 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TRIBUMOVE-135/
SHOWBIZ May 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/showbiz4.jpg
MARIANNE May 15, 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/marianne682.jpg
SOLD PUBLISHED April 22, 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/paruvendu220410.jpg

Foreign Press:

DIA SIETE (Mexico) - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/diasiete508.jpg
TWIST (Mexico) in June 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/twist9.jpg
UT (Mexico) 26 May 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TU-MEXICO-260510/
NOTES PARATA (Mexico) in May 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/NOTAS-PARATI-227/
Old 07-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

A few things I missed, even an interview. Thanks M.A.

Merci Fanny
Old 07-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
No, I meant because it's "Brain Magazine". The press never considered her especially "brainy" before.

All right, Roman, I'll spill: click the link and it shows a bunch of dentist's signs in Peru that all feature a smiling, young Alizée. Vis à vis:

Heyyyy! Ouch!! Now my pocket protector fell out!!!

Wasabi, you're welcome! I'm still workin on the transulation, cause it's an interesting piece, but the Google translation Merci Alizée posted was still pretty hard to understand. (Just the same, Merci à Merci Alizée!!!)

Edit: >>> okay, here it is. <<<
__________________________________________________ _____

ALIZÉE – Une Fille Dans Le Vent (A Girl In The Wind)
BRAIN MAGAZINE, March 10, 2010.

Alizée was No. 1 around the world
with a hit which pleased even the old men. In Peru, she was a dentistry star (Click here-funny!) and in Mexico, she could not go anywhere without her bodyguards. And then suddenly the little pop singer raised by Mylène Farmer has decided to make music with the producers from Institubes: Chateau Marmont, Rob, David Rubato, Tahiti Boy Tacteel and Para One. The result is the concept album, A Child of the Century, entirely written by Jean-René Etienne, head of the label. If because of her, the Kevins and Sylvies of France begin to throw their panties before Chateau Marmont, we promise to come every day and place a red rose in front of her house.

You've had good reviews on this album?
Alizée:
Somewhat, yes. Especially from people who hadn't listened to me before. It's also pretty cool that some of the music press, I had perhaps not had before, are now interested in this project. In the past, the people who interviewed me did not care about the album. Here the people really speak to me about my album, and when one is an artist it's good to talk about what we do and what we love.

How is that you are now working with the crew at Institubes?
Alizée:
For most of my singles, I asked musicians to remix the title for clubs to have something more to go out to the fans. On my previous album, I had this song Fifty Sixty, which was my second single. My DA at the time at Sony suggested to me a remix by David Rubato, who was at Institubes. David made a version that was really a song in itself. I loved it, and I thought the video was well done and that it would bring something else to the album. That's how I met Jean-René Etienne of Institubes, and Rebecca who made the video for Fifty Sixty - David Rubato version. At that point, I was beginning to think about my new album and I did not know exactly what to do. Jean-René asked me to meet the producers of his label. So I met the Chateau Marmont, Tacteel and all others at the same appointment. It went really well. From there, it was decided to try to do a concept album.

At that point, you knew Institubes?
Alizée:
By name. But no, I did not know what they were doing. And besides, I did not even want to listen before receiving their proposals for my album because I wanted to give them the chance to do something for me, from what I inspired in them and that the story inspired in them. So then, I heard what Institubes does only after listening to their productions for my album.

What were your aims for this album?
Alizée:
Actually, it was an idea of Jean-René to do this album. I just told them I wanted to do something opposite to what I am. My voice, it is like it is. When I listen to someone singing on the radio, I like to recognize them immediately. I wanted it to be a pop album, I did not want to make a trendy album that nobody buys ... I wanted to continue in my thing, make my album and they would bring their ideas, their vision of music. That's how, little by little, each sent me songs and the album was built.

What were your musical references for this album?
Alizée:
I have a few references that are the opposite of what I have done musically. I've always loved Madonna and Michael, Blondie, Aznavour ... Moroder and Blondie, obviously with the Chateau Marmont, it went well with their style of music. According to Rob, his reference was Jeanette, this is not someone I listen to but I know the reference and it did not bother me. David Rubato, his reference was mostly Gainsbourg and I am mega fan of Gainsbourg. They were all, at once trying to adjust to my style while still doing their things.

What are the albums you've listened to most in your life?
Alizee:
All Michael. Madonna, all her first until Mirwais, after that, less. Today, I like Jay-Z, The Killers. I never had a particular favorite style of music, I always liked lots of different things.

This album represents something different from your previous albums?
Alizée:
It's different because I'm twenty-five now and that I may have a certain maturity that I had not before. My last album, I had produced all alone with my husband (Jérémy Chatelain). Here, I am working with talented people who have their own vision, their own ideas. I feel like I was learning a lot, a bit like ten years ago, when Mylène Farmer was teaching me the trade.

Do you feel like you're taking a gamble with this disc?
Alizée:
Yes. But I think the risk was already there since when I separated from Mylene. In fact I'm pretty calm now, I do not think about it too much. Finally, at the same time, we'll see when the album comes out ... I'm not one to ask myself questions, as long as my project pleases me and I took it from A to Z. We'll see how people receive it.

Yes, it is in France ...
Alizée:
Right. Before, I thought much about it. I said to myself: "France is complicated because you can not stray too far from what you do, people are quickly lost." But here I no longer ask myself the question because this disc is a pop album. Unlike Charlotte Gainsbourg, I haven't made an album dedicated to a certain audience. My album, I want it to be popular, I want to continue to sell records and to do les Enfoirés.

There is a dark side to this album ...
Alizée:
More so than before, yes. It is less colorful. And at the same time, I'm twenty-five, I'm not going to do happy stuff all the time. And it's also good to change. But then that's my personality. I love manga stuff and everything bright and colorful, and that's good, you know. But after a while I like the dark stuff and I love to sing without a smile. And then at the same time this is a concept album, this is not just me talking even if I can find myself in the songs and words. That suits me a bit besides the fact that this is a concept album because I'm a little reserved, a bit unsociable, I do not display my life ...

If you had to summarize the conceptual side of the album precisely, what would you say?
Alizée:
It's a novel. If you take a song from its context and listen to it like that, people can like it because it can stand on its own, but at the same time, it makes you want to listen to the whole album to hear the story.

If it does not sell, will it be a real disappointment?
Alizée:
Ouais quand même ouais. * (Alizée: Yeah just the same yeah. )

It's Chateau Marmont that produced half the album. Why them?
Alizée:
Yes, they made the most songs, but it's Rob who has made the album. Rob did 3 titles, Marmont 5. Once the tracks were made, it was Rob who sat in the studio to get the sound of the album so that everything is consistent. I received the songs - unfinished - and I had to decide to accept them or not. But I accepted almost all, I had to decline only 2, maybe 3. Then, the lyrics came. And then there are the choices of mixes.

I'll list 6 producers of the album, and you're going to describe each in a few words. First Rob?
Alizée:
Well Rob is the person with whom I spent the most time. I love Rob because I feel that we love the same kind of music. We hear each other really well. It's rare to agree so well with people with whom you work and you see all the time. He was very important on the album. We were often in complete accord – which is not to say that I disagreed with the others. He appeases, he is always cheerful, he quickly puts you at ease. It is difficult to sing in front of people you don't know at first. It's harder to sing in a room where there are 2 people than in front of 3000 people. Rob is very calming, everything flows, everything is really good. I hope he will be there for the tour but hey, he's doing Phoenix's tour ... and that's just 365 days a year, so we'll see.

David Rubato?
Alizée:
It's with credit to him that the story began. David has lots and lots of talent but he does not show many things. I don't know how much music he has in his computer, but he is never sure things are good when all he does is good. On the other hand, he is the biggest perfectionist of all the producers. He listens to every sound, every syllable, every breath. It's super interesting to work with him.

Chateau Marmont?
Alizée:
They all four have different personalities. They complement each other. And they are super good melodists. After all is said and done, they may be known to most as musicians and producers of music but in melodies, they are really strong, in fact it is they who made my first single. I believe they have a great career ahead. I think people will ask them for a lot of titles and not just from the industry side, but also the popular side. I hope so, because they deserve it.

Tahiti Boy?
Alizée:
He's the one I know the least. I worked with him on Grand Central but he was not there when we went into the studio, it's Tacteel who was there, so I have seen him very little. I do not know him well but I did something with him for a Christmas song ("It's Christmas And It Won't Be The Last") with other friends of his, and it was really good.

Tacteel?
Alizée:
I first met him at that first meeting. I had heard a lot about Tacteel with his band at the time (ATK). He, too, as an artist, he will do great things in the future. He really has a lot of talent.

Para One?
Alizée:
Para One came last. He should not have been on the album but he offered me a song that I adored and which really cohered with the album. Such, I have rarely seen. So I spent a whole day with him and it went really well. All these guys are really cool. It's rare that things happen so well and fly so fast.

Which of these is the nicest?
Alizée:
Nicest? It's complicated. I would not say the nicest but the most Zen is Rob.

The most handsome?
Alizee:
The handsomest? Holala! I'm going to say Julian of Marmont.

Le plus sale*? The dirtiest?
Alizée:
Le plus saaaale? (The diirrrtiest?) Ahah! Halala… le plus sale! (Halala ... the dirtiest!) Je peux dire qui mais c'est une joke hein? (I can say who but it is a joke right?) Guillaume des Marmont. (Guillaume from Marmont.) Il va m'en vouloir! (He will be angry!)

Would it make you happy that the industry likes your music or do you not care?
Alizée:
Yes it would please me if they like something popular. Being popular doesn't mean something is not good. I am confident that one can be mainstream and do things of quality.

(fin) *(asterisks just above because I had to leave her original responses.)
Thank's Chuck for the interview!

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée, l'après Mylène Farmer

Ok, lizbel has translated another interview, and asked me to edit it for an anglophone ear/eye. So, here it is, a Psych era interview:

Alizée, after Mylène Farmer

Alizée's new album, Psychédélices, is diving into a sexy, rhythmic pop, with strong accents of the 1980s. The songs are written by Jean Fauque (Bashung's lyricist), Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jérémy Chatelain, and rapper Oxmo Puccino. For LEXPRESS.fr, Alizée, 24, who was discovered with Moi Lolita, a European hit in 2000, comments about this new adventure, and return to the work she made with the duo of Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.

Alizée emancipates herself from Mylène Farmer with Psychédélices, a pop, sexy, and mature album. Focus on a career apart.

1.Moi... Lolita has not been written for her.

'It was like a character part ... At 15, I was very naive, and I didn't always understand what I was singing, although I never like a manipulated puppet. But after four years I've had enough of all the songs being based on sensuality and sexuality. I didn't want either to wear dresses made by Courrèges, with boots, and musically it wasn't so good, so... '

2. Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat gave her her contract, very simply.

'They taught me everything - including meticulousness, perfectionism, the power of the image - but I had to free myself. Anyway, they knew they could no longer keep me.'

3.Criticisms, such as 'Without Mylène, Alizée is nothing!', didn't touch her.

'I made the perfect list of artists I wanted to work with. I sent texts to Jean Fauque [Bashung's lyricist], knocked at the door of Oxmo Puccino's studio, I requested Daniel Darc at the end of one of his concerts... My approach, as if I were a "young runaway" has touched them. The album interweaves many stories about mythical women - Nico, Giulietta Masina - and talks about me, too. '

4. She designed the cover of her album.

'Two Alizée are looking at each other. One of them is very feminine, quiet, responsible, since I am the mother of a little girl. The other, childish, wearing sneakers, is eating a cake. This photo sums me up: 23 years, not yet a woman, and not a child anymore.'

To give proper respect, here is Lizbel's original translation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbel

The new Alizée's album, Psychédélices, is a diving into a sexy, rhythmic pop with strong accents of the 1980s. The songs are signed by Jean Fauque (Bashung's lyricist ), Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jérémy Chatelain or rapper Oxmo Puccino. For LEXPRESS.fr, Alizée, 24, who was discovered with Moi Lolita, an European hit in 2000, comments this new adventure and returns to the work she made with the duo Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.

Alizée emancipates herself from Mylène Farmer with Psychédélices, a pop, sexy and mature album. Focus on a career apart.

"It was like a character part ... At 15, I was very naive and I didn't always understand what I was singing, although I never felt myself as a manipulated puppet. But after four years I've had enough that all the songs were based on sensuality and sexuality. I didn't want either to wear dresses made by Courrèges ,with boots, and musically it wasn't so good, so... "

"They taught me everything - including meticulousness, perfectionism, the power of the image - but I had to free myself. Anyway, they knew they could no longer keep me.

3.Critics such as "Without Mylène, Alizée is nothing!" didn't touch her.

"I made the perfect list of artists I wanted to work with. I asked texts to Jean Fauque [Bashung's lyricist], knocked at the door of Oxmo Puccino's studio, I requested Daniel Darc at the end of one of his concerts ... My approach, like if I was a "young runaway" has touched them. The album interweaves many stories about mythical women - Nico, Giulietta Masina - and talks about me, too. "

"Two Alizée are looking to each other. One of them is very feminine, quiet, responsible, since I am a mother of a little girl. The other, childish, wearing sneakers, is eating a cake. This photo sums me up: 23 years, not yet a woman, and not a child anymore. "

The original articale can be seen here: http://www.lexpress.fr/culture/musiq...ee_474322.html

I edited this to make it more natural sounding to a native English speaker. How Alizee would most likely respond if she were a native English speaker. After all, isn't that the point of a translation? To make something easily understandable in another language?
Thanks to Lizbel for her specatular efforts to master our English language!

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 07-22-2010 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: Fixed Bold Text...
Old 07-22-2010, 03:22 PM

Lizbel is on a distinguished road

Thank you :-).

Does "I sent texts to Jean Fauque " mean that she asked him to write lyrics for her ? because that's she wanted to say in the interview. She didn't send him texts (it's my fault if you didn't understand, in French we say "textes " or "paroles" for "lyrics").
Old 07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

well first off, thanks for the interview you two! you two make a great team!

2nd, this is the UEDS Media section, not Psych. so...

Old 07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Oh, I see...
Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile For Lizbel - a second Anglophone copy-editing job

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Ok, lizbel has translated another interview, and asked me to edit it for an anglophone ear/eye...
Thanks to Lizbel for her specatular efforts to master our English language!
I mean no criticism of your helpful effort, VVVACCPLPNLY. But since Lizbel has done us this favor, and also has a professional interest in expression, I thought I would also rework her copy without looking at your rendering. This will let her discover if two native English speakers differ much in their copy-editing of her text.

I will not look at the original French text:
first, for want of time, and
second, because my French is now so poor I doubt it would prove helpful.

Most of my classroom-based education was good, but to this day I am shocked that it included only seven weeks of formal instruction in English grammar, all during one year.

(As an aside, I am curious which song on Psychédélices reflects Giulietta Masina.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
The original articale can be seen here...
Thanks to Lizbel for her specatular efforts...
I beg your pardon, but Lizbel should note you are a bit careless about spelling.
e.g. you should have written "article" and "spectacular."

First, let me say that Lizbel's original text is very easy to rework, because the intended meaning in English is so clear. I once had to rework an article by a senior French informatics professor, whose spoken English was excellent, but whose written English was so bizarre that editing it was a terrible labor.

======
I copy Lizbel's original text, followed by my version in bold text. I underline any changes made.

The new Alizée's album, Psychédélices, is a diving into a sexy, rhythmic pop with strong accents of the 1980s.
The new Alizée album, Psychédélices, is a dive into sexy, rhythmic pop with strong influences from the 1980s.

The songs are signed by Jean Fauque (Bashung's lyricist ), Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jérémy Chatelain or rapper Oxmo Puccino.
The songs are authored by Jean Fauque (Bashung's lyricist ), Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jérémy Chatelain and rapper Oxmo Puccino. [The use of or may be logically correct, but curious custom specifies the use of and.]

For LEXPRESS.fr, Alizée, 24, who was discovered with Moi Lolita, an European hit in 2000, comments this new adventure and returns to the work she made with the duo Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.
Alizée, 24, who was discovered through Moi Lolita, a European hit in 2000, comments to LEXPRESS.fr on this new adventure and returns to the work she did with the duo Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. [Why do I break the usual rule about the appearance of the indefinite article before a word starting with a vowel? I do so because the "E" in European has the "Y" sound. Thus I would write "an elephant" but still write "a European."]

Alizée emancipates herself from Mylène Farmer with Psychédélices, a pop, sexy and mature album. Focus on a career apart.
Alizée emancipates herself from Mylène Farmer with Psychédélices, a sexy and mature pop album. Reform to a career apart. [Why did I move "pop"? To me, "pop" is a noun, not an adjective, and so I use the compound noun "pop album."]

1.Moi... Lolita was not written for her.

"It was like a character part ... At 15, I was very naive and I didn't always understand what I was singing, although I never felt myself as a manipulated puppet.
"It was like a character part ... At 15, I was very naive and I didn't always understand what I was singing, although I never felt myself to be a manipulated puppet.

But after four years I've had enough that all the songs were based on sensuality and sexuality.
But after four years I'd had enough of songs that were all based on sensuality and sexuality.

I didn't want either to wear dresses made by Courrèges, with boots, and musically it wasn't so good, so... "
I also didn't want to wear dresses made by Courrèges, with boots, and musically it wasn't so good, so... "

2. Very simply, Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat gave back her contract.

"They taught me everything - including meticulousness, perfectionism, the power of the image - but I had to free myself.
"They taught me everything - including meticulousness, perfectionism, the power of the image - but I had to free myself.

Anyway, they knew they could no longer keep me.
Anyway, they knew they could no longer keep me.

3.Critics such as "Without Mylène, Alizée is nothing!" didn't touch her.
3.Criticism such as "Without Mylène, Alizée is nothing!" didn't touch her.

"I made the perfect list of artists I wanted to work with.
"I made the perfect list of artists with whom I wanted to work. [The original English translation is very popular, but grammatically wrong.]

I asked texts to Jean Fauque [Bashung's lyricist], knocked at the door of Oxmo Puccino's studio, I requested Daniel Darc at the end of one of his concerts ...
I sent inquiries to Jean Fauque [Bashung's lyricist], knocked on the door of Oxmo Puccino's studio, I called for Daniel Darc at the end of one of his concerts ...

My approach, like if I was a "young runaway" has touched them.
My approach, as if I was a "young runaway," has touched them.

The album interweaves many stories about mythical women - Nico, Giulietta Masina - and talks about me, too."
The album interweaves many stories about legendary women - Nico, Giulietta Masina - and talks about me, too." ["mythical" asserts a fictional existence only.]

"Two Alizée are looking to each other.
"Two Alizées are looking at each other.

One of them is very feminine, quiet, responsible, since I am a mother of a little girl.
One of them is very feminine, quiet, responsible, since I am a mother of a little girl.

The other, childish, wearing sneakers, is eating a cake.
The other, childish, wearing sneakers, is eating a cake.

This photo sums me up: 23 years, not yet a woman, and not a child anymore."
This photo sums me up: 23 years old, not yet a woman, and not a child anymore."

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kp93flpMav0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;border =1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kp93flpMav0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;border =1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 07-22-2010 at 04:11 PM..