Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
I was kidding haha
I know, I wasn't trying to act serious...
Old 10-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post

agreed. But I don't want to see her nude. And Jeremy wouldn't let her so this is out of the question anyway. Ok bad subject lets move on hahaha
Jeremy won't let her? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
At least that looks somewhat tasteful! That's the only type of nude photoshoot I think Alizee would do, something beautiful and artistic.
Agreed. We're once again straying from the main topic, but there is a difference between a nude photo shoot and a vulgar overly sex driven one. It's just that here in ol' 'merica, we seem to have a massive imbalance of too many provocative and tasteless ones.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Agreed. We're once again straying from the main topic, but there is a difference between a nude photo shoot and a vulgar overly sex driven one. It's just that here in ol' 'merica, we seem to have a massive imbalance of too many provocative and tasteless ones.
Also, she has said in interviews she has no problem with tastefully done nudity. And remember, this is France, where going topless on the beach is very normal, and a naked woman is not an bad, vulgar thing, as it tends to be in our screwed-up country.

I doubt it will happen, but if it did, I'd be interested in the quality of the photos... the quality of Lily's character is of no doubt to me. In fact, the time I found out about the giant tatoo on her back upset me a hundred times more than any nude photoshoot ever would! (and I got over that)

Of course, I have been to the south of France, on the beach, during topless swimming season. Being a product of Puritanical America, I was both overwhelmed and giddy with delight. I think they do it so you forget about the bananna hammoks that are on blatant display.

I love how threads here go off in random directions.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Not really nude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Doing nude shooting is now officially the 1rst carreer relauncher for ex-teenage idol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
At least that looks somewhat tasteful! That's the only type of nude photoshoot I think Alizee would do, something beautiful and artistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Also, she has said in interviews she has no problem with tastefully done nudity...
What if Lola (Raban-Oliva) did face shots of Alizée posed so that they could then be digitally blended to revise famous Western paintings featuring young female nudes?

Do you think anyone would find these parodies of interest? And if she posted them, would Facebook give Alizée the old heave-ho à la Jo to keep the people in Pakistan and Indonesia happy? And finally, do you think Jo himself might entertain such a project?

As a gag photo, one could even revise one of the famous interpretations of the rape of the Sabine women, putting Ms. Farmer's face on one of the Roman brutes!

<br><big>Il ratto delle Sabine (circa 1673) by
Luca Giordano</big>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-11-2011 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: add painting
Old 10-16-2010, 09:13 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure discussing about Alizée nudity is really good for our mental health...

It's a "too hot to handle" subject...
Old 10-16-2010, 05:22 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Nude photoshootings won't save her career.
The only thing that can do that is to actually start WORKING.

She is supposed to be a singer and to do live performances. The main reason the french no longer take her seriously is that she is nowhere to be seen singing her songs on stage.
NO concert in France since the release of Psych.
What do you expect?

I don't know what her problem is, but no one can be successful who is hiding from his/her fans.
As a great fan of french music i know a lot of small/medium artists there who are not mega-successful but at least respected artists, because they are out there singing their songs and giving small concerts and performances.
If they can do it, why can't Alizée??

Old 10-16-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Nude photoshootings won't save her career.
The only thing that can do that is to actually start WORKING.

She is supposed to be a singer and to do live performances. The main reason the french no longer take her seriously is that she is nowhere to be seen singing her songs on stage.
NO concert in France since the release of Psych.
What do you expect?

I don't know what her problem is, but no one can be successful who is hiding from his/her fans.
As a great fan of french music i know a lot of small/medium artists there who are not mega-successful but at least respected artists, because they are out there singing their songs and giving small concerts and performances.
If they can do it, why can't Alizée??
As she's stated earlier, the reason she can't perform in concert right now is because most of her team and musicians are off on their own tours right now. I guess that she can't exactly sing alone and perform like she did back with her earlier albums, due to the very different style of music.

It does make me wonder though, what exactly is the rationale in her mind? You know? I'm sure she knows better than anyone she needs to be more active, yet...

Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As she's stated earlier, the reason she can't perform in concert right now is because most of her team and musicians are off on their own tours right now. I guess that she can't exactly sing alone and perform like she did back with her earlier albums, due to the very different style of music.

It does make me wonder though, what exactly is the rationale in her mind? You know? I'm sure she knows better than anyone she needs to be more active, yet...

Actually, I wouldn't say she can't perform without her team, she has simply chosen not to. Any competent musician familiar with analog synths could play anything on UEDS, and there are plenty of musicians floating around with that level of capability. I'm sure she could put together a fine band to accompany her. I think Alizée has chosen to wait for her team because she is simply more comfortable with them. At least I think she said something like that in an interview some time ago. It might also be an issue of loyalty she feels towards them.

Either way, Fenris does have a good point. Even if she waits for her team, she could be doing smaller shows and more appearances with other musicians, like her peers are doing.

And I agree, Wasabi, it would help her to be more active.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Actually, I wouldn't say she can't perform without her team, she has simply chosen not to. Any competent musician familiar with analog synths could play anything on UEDS, and there are plenty of musicians floating around with that level of capability. I'm sure she could put together a fine band to accompany her. I think Alizée has chosen to wait for her team because she is simply more comfortable with them. At least I think she said something like that in an interview some time ago. It might also be an issue of loyalty she feels towards them.

Either way, Fenris does have a good point. Even if she waits for her team, she could be doing smaller shows and more appearances with other musicians, like her peers are doing.

And I agree, Wasabi, it would help her to be more active.
Just begs the question.. WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE UP TO!?

Old 10-17-2010, 03:53 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just begs the question.. WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE UP TO!?
Indeed, that's the big question.
She is in a very difficult position in france, but at least i would expect her to show some activity to win back her lost credibility.
As Lefty stated, there are boatloads of competent musicians who could play her UEDS stuff and accompagnie her on some smaler performances.

Regarding the matter of her "band" not being there:
In spring she talked about a concert "at the end of the year" when it was already known that Rob and CM would be on Tour and not available. So i think this was just a convenient excuse given to a nosy fan she happened to meet at the Nolwenn concert. Besides, Château Marmont stated in an interview that they have no knowledge/plans of touring with Alizée.

Whatever her reasons are, with the level of commitment she is showing so far she will get nowhere. There are enough hungry artists out there who are willing to do the grind and reap the rewards.
Maybe it is her weakness that she never really had to fight for her place in the music business before.
In the beginning Auntie Mylène made things right, and in 2008 the mexican miracle fell in her lap without her having much to do about it.

In the end, it's all about hard work and commitment. Ask Lady Gaga, she knows.