Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I suspect that Alizee has a natural ability to enter a state of total concentration when performing-- and this state of concentration by its very nature blocks fear. Its a neurological gift--- she never had to "learn" how to do it.
That is a valid explanation. Would you speculate that this would apply when doing an interview? Is it possible to catch Alizee off guard, where she might show her timidness and shyness, something she said that she had to overcome. I wonder if she still struggles with it sometimes.

Sometimes my memory can bring up the strangest things from a long time ago. I loved the movie Airplane!, and that was released in 1980. It was a slapstick comedy and became a classic. I was also a David Letterman fan, and remembered seeing Julie Hagerty on his show one night, who was one of the main characters, playing a stewardess. On his show, however, she was like a deer in the headlights. I was amazed that somebody who is an accomplished actress can almost freeze with fear, even though on the Letterman show her exposure was still limited.

Amazingly, I found that segment, filmed in 1982, on YouTube. The link below takes you about a minute into the segment. You don't have to watch the whole thing, but you will get the gist of it before long.

https://youtu.be/4nNbCmNmyL0?t=98

She appeared on his show ten years later, and he references the 1982 show. She looks to be doing a little better with stage fright, but admits her shyness. This link takes you to that point.

https://youtu.be/CrROFuC1kQ4?t=43

Maybe there is a psychological difference between filming a movie and sitting on a stage with hundreds of people staring at you? Maybe getting into that total concentration helps her nullify that fear?

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 11-28-2018 at 01:36 PM..
Old 11-28-2018, 01:37 PM

autumn.leaves is an unknown quantity at this point

No one of us can't say whether fear was present in Alizee or other actresses. Some people are perfectly able to hide their emotions. To understand whether you are capable of the same, you need to perform on the stage yourself once.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:28 AM

Old 05-05-2019, 05:43 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn.leaves View Post
No one of us can't say whether fear was present in Alizee or other actresses. Some people are perfectly able to hide their emotions. To understand whether you are capable of the same, you need to perform on the stage yourself once.
The one time we see Alizee nervous before a performance is during the "Stars at Home" show when she takes a fan by surprise. We see her clearly in distress while waiting in the van before charging into a teenager's party. I think she is nervous because her performance can't be practiced beforehand as it would be on stage. She has to do everything spontaneously and has no certainty how things will go. Even so, once in action, she shakes off the nerves and performs like a champion.

You can see this on the link below at the 5:50 mark. Try to watch it without dropping a tear or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otI1V8AlDA4
Old 05-06-2019, 05:38 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
The one time we see Alizee nervous before a performance is during the "Stars at Home" show when she takes a fan by surprise. We see her clearly in distress while waiting in the van before charging into a teenager's party. I think she is nervous because her performance can't be practiced beforehand as it would be on stage. She has to do everything spontaneously and has no certainty how things will go. Even so, once in action, she shakes off the nerves and performs like a champion.

It was an awkward situation to begin with--- Alizee crashing an 8-year old’s birthday party and then having to dance with the little kid in front of all those people. Its painful to watch--- I can't begin to imagine how Alizee must have felt.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylee View Post
I was looking on Alizée's Instagram and noticed we have the same cats. Anybody know their names?
https://ibb.co/VNGHYgh
https://ibb.co/Y0S5fCs
These are mine.
https://ibb.co/sP2XKm6
https://ibb.co/Y7Nh8vP
I believe they are her parent's cats. Alizee lived with her parents for a while when she moved back to Ajaccio before finding her own apartment. Her cat photos stopped suddenly four or five years ago and has been all dogs since.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:24 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I believe they are her parent's cats. Alizee lived with her parents for a while when she moved back to Ajaccio before finding her own apartment. Her cat photos stopped suddenly four or five years ago and has been all dogs since.

Damn, CleverCowboy, you really know your subject.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
I know I posted this awhile back but, since this topic is back hope it's ok if I share some photos .

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T1VkirAtEyBfvkNT7
Hey, Shaylee! Maybe you should to try smile on your face? While I see only a very small resemblance. Also, you look a little older than Alizee, which you strive to be alike. I was much smiling while I watching your videos, this is pretty cute

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Damn, CleverCowboy, you really know your subject.
We got a bad news for Alizee... Someone is abusing with the agent 007's spies game

Last edited by autumn.leaves; 05-09-2019 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm 28. Only resemblance is I'm French. My friends say I look like her maybe that was before I gained a 100 pounds lol.��
Shaylee, I have to say you are a very pretty girl! I think you look more like Alizée than anyone else whose photos I have seen. And I think you look younger than 28–many women would envy you!
Do you live in France? I used to have a friend from Brest, but now I don’t personally know anyone in France. It’s nice to have you here in the forum. I look forward to hearing more from you!
Old 07-09-2019, 09:10 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Doesn't look like her.