Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-04-2008, 02:57 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
I think the thread´s question is already answered , she wasnt in Mexico.
Good point! I'm sure Alizee would agree if she were to read through that whole discussion!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:22 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
But she has to start thinking.
I don't know RMJ. A thinking woman? Well, I guess there's always a first.

[Ogre crouches behind wooden shield...thinking...."Did I just say that in a public forum"? Peeks over the rim of shield....thinking again..." I should have said it in French". Looks left...looks right....looks down.....this shield looks kinda thin. Ogre runs off into the forest].
Old 11-04-2008, 02:25 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
It was never an option to become a fan. You just either are or not. And I am. And in my case, I always will be. If she is mishandling her career, hurting her fans, and doing many other strange things, it doesn't really matter to me at the end. I'd just like to help her with them. But if she choses to go the other way, the hard way, making everyone angry, then that's what she wants. But I'm not stop saying it to her that she makes mistakes. Because she does. And since I don't only care about her, I care about the other fans too, it's very hard for me to see her doing those mistakes. She doesn't understand how much damage she is doing by them. It's very unfortunate. Yeah, maybe she doesn't care, but I do care. I always will.

As a person who listens her all day long after 7 years, yeah, I am fan. I'm completely crazy about her ! If you had seen me near her, maybe in concert, or some other event, you would know. She's eveything for me.

But she has to start thinking. And fast.
RMJ are you or are you related to Matrix 50/sickty? You guys could be twinkies. There are only 2 ways that you motivate anyone including Alizee. With fear or love. Fear motivates more immediately but doesn't last. Love takes longer, but has a lasting effect. I question your love for Alizee due to your mean spiritedness and lack of discipline, Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde. If you really cared about her you would communicate your disapproval to her in private and not on a public forum. I believe your selfishness and ego has gotten the best of you and you just want to punish Alizee. Regardless of any supposed mistakes Alizee has made she is a human being with feelings and imperfect just like the rest of us. No amount of your public rantings will ever change that. Although as long as you can focus on Alizee's supposed shortcomings you never have to look at your own. Maybe that is the payoff for you. Take a good look in the mirror. That is your problem.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post

[Ogre crouches behind wooden shield...thinking...."Did I just say that in a public forum"? Peeks over the rim of shield....thinking again..." I should have said it in French". Looks left...looks right....looks down.....this shield looks kinda thin. Ogre runs off into the forest].
Bahahah, your ass is gonna get Rocket-ed!!!

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:17 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Bahahah, your ass is gonna get Rocket-ed!!!
Be sure of that Ogre!! . I think that shield isn´t enough big to hide you from Rocket

Last edited by edgar93; 11-06-2008 at 06:21 PM..
Old 11-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Be sure of that Ogre!! . I think that shield isn´t enough big to hide you from Rocket
She'll just take him into the spanking room and teach him a thing or two

My my my, the luck some people have
Old 11-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
She'll just take him into the spanking room and teach him a thing or two
We...have a spanking room?

Why wasn't I told?!
Old 11-09-2008, 09:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Auld Lang Syne

After her Moscow concert, I was probably Alizée's harshest critic.
With my "Stalingrad" post, I said she looked like a housewife and sounded like a housewife.
These were my honest sentiments. The way I tried to get my message across, probably sucked, but there must have been some truth in what I said.

What do I think were some of her biggest mistakes?
First of all, she made Mademoiselle Julitte, I guess you'd call it the signature song of her Psychedelices album. It wasn't a very good song and it certainly wasn't a very memorable video.
Fifty Sixty and Lilly town were good songs, but they really didn't show off the real beauty in her voice, they almost sounded like rap. There was only one song on this album that I thought reached the level of beauty of her first two albums and that was Par les Paupieres, where both the music and her voice were beautiful, and she didn't even sing this at her concerts

Another huge mistake she made was re-orchestrating all her origional songs. Whether it was due to her not owning the rights to the music or whether it was due to her wanting to move in a new direction musically, I have no idea. All I know is she turned some tremendously beautiful songs into something I couldn't care less if I ever heard again. I think a lot more people would have bought tickets to the Rex concert if they thought they would have at least heard some of those wonderful songs again the way they origionally sounded, but no, they would have had to listen to new versions that I think sounded like crap.

A couple of other mistakes she's made is not dancing any more. Walking across the stage and occassionally bending your leg high up behind you does not constitute dancing. Plus whoever is choosing her outfits for her must own a lot of shares in Wal-Mart. The way she dressed and danced in her early years was just unbelievably beautiful that combined with her incredible singing and the awesome music of LB and the beautiful lyrics of MF made for some just unforgetable performances, but to tell you the truth, it doesn't matter how she dresses, and it doesn't matter if she doesn't dance a step. It's her singing and the music that matter. Whoever is managing her now doesn't have a clue as to what sounds beautiful or maybe they're just too scared to tell her. They have her singing songs that are not a good fit for her.

As far as her husband is concerned. First I'd like to wish them all the happiness in the world. She has brought an incredible amount of enjoyment into my life. As tremendously depressing as it would be to see her retire from singing, if that would make her happy then let it be. But I think her marrying him probably had a lot to do with her demise. If she married "Joe Plumber", I think Joe would have said " Keep on doing what's worked so well for you with MF and LB". But unfortunately she married a musician, who probably said, "You don't need them, You're not a MF protege, You can make it on your own!", and since then, she has fallen flat on her face.

Is there hope? I don't think so.She has pissed off so many of her dwindling fan base. I said recently in another post that I thought she had a lot of class. If she did, she would have come out long before this with some type of explanation or apologized for canceling the concert. Why didn't she? I think because in her early years, the fans were #2 after her family back in Corsica. The Alizee of 2003 would have never let this happen. Now her fans are a distant fourth after her baby, her husband and her family in Corsica and I think her husband also has a lot of influence over her in matters like this. The fans that she used to reach out to touch in concert, mean almost nothing to her now.How else can you explain what's happened this past month.

It's so dam hard to come up with the type of beautiful songs that seemed to come so easily in her early years. If she could come up with a a couple of great songs, the fans would come back, but that's not likely to happen. We just need to be thankful for what we have.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-09-2008 at 11:08 PM..
Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 1000 posts.......

Well, its been a long time coming. I've been in and out, up and down. One thing that has remained constant for me, is this French singer. You may have heard of her.

I have no idea how many CD's i've burned, worn out, and discarded - but its quite a few. I've got all three disks (and En Concert) in my car, and I swap 'em out with other stuff, but I keep coming back to "her". How is it (rhetorical question here - don't answer) that someone who's never been a fan of anyone, can, in the space of a couple short weeks, become the fan of someone he cannot even understand? The last French lesson I took was in May of 1979...

I guess with this post, I'm going to suggest that everyone keep in mind that "we" are all different people, bringing different viewpoints to the table, and we need to be respectfull of each other (and Lé fe Clochette) as if she was reading our posts over our shoulders... Somewhere, somewhen, we DID get confirmation that she was reading our posts, so keep that in mind.

Has her career gone in a direction (less popular than before) than we (as fans) would like to see? I think we can give that a guarded "yes". Most of us would like to see her being more popular, for many different reasons, our own self-worth, our perception of her, any number of things. A lot of people have commented on the shake-up of BMG/Sony and all that good stuff - yeah, its probably hurt a lot of the artists.

But please keep in mind, one "less sucessfull than we want" album, along with some questionable choices in her performances/style etc., does not necessarily mean NO MORE CAREER! This could be a speed-bump, or it could be the first bump on the way over the cliff to a mighty crash of epic proportions when she hits bottom - point is, none of us know. We all have our opinions (and some of us may even have very solid "2nd hand" information) but none of us can see the future.

Am I totally happy with Psychadelicies? Nope. I am however very happy with a couple of the songs and believe they show hope/promise for the future! (If you guys REALLY knew me, you would know that I'm a born pessimist at heart - this positive thinking stuff is NOT my forté). A singer can get over a less than stellar album, (mis) management team and label disasters.

I think (my opinion) that we need to allow each other the room to be ourselves, agreeing to disagree when we need to, and allow LILI to be herself. However it may play out... I think most people would agree here that being fans, respecting each other and respecting her, here on this forum, is the best we can do.

Don't fall into anger/depression/disgust - The person you became a fan of is still there - and like us, quite possibly older and wiser now than 5 years ago... The only way we all TRULY get wiser, is to make our own efforts, make mistakes and recover from them the best we can.

I'm sticking with Alizée and my friends here on AAm - Its been a hell of a ride so far, and personally, I'm betting there will be more.

Ciao

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 11-10-2008 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: Spelling of course, I'm tired and @ work....
Old 11-10-2008, 11:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Let them eat cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

I have no idea how many CD's i've burned, worn out, and discarded - but its quite a few. I've got all three disks (and En Concert) in my car, and I swap 'em out with other stuff, but I keep coming back to "her". How is it (rhetorical question here - don't answer) that someone who's never been a fan of anyone, can, in the space of a couple short weeks, become the fan of someone he cannot even understand? The last French lesson I took was in May of 1979...

Ed

I may sound a little bitter with some of the statements I've made. Especially where I've said she looks and sounds like a housewife and the music she re-orchestrated sounds like crap, but that's how I honestly feel. I'm just not pulling any punches. Some people seemed to think that we might hurt her feelings if she saw these statements. Well I think if people had been more honest with their feelings, she might have gotten the message that "real" changes needed to be made some time ago. But it looks like it's all water under the bridge now.

One of the most disappointing things about all this is the fact that she hasn't come out and said anything to her fans. Flying over there wasn't that much of an imposition for me because I work for an airline, but there were numerous fans who for them, this was probably the trip of a lifetime, who lost money on airline tickets and hotel reservations that they could ill afford to lose who deserve an explanation or at least an apology.

Maybe she's somewhat like Marie Antoinette. Instead of saying "Let them eat cake", she's saying "Let them fly back next March", not realizing how difficult that would be for a lot of people, especially not knowing if the concert might be canceled again. I don't think this is the case though. I said in a post not to long ago, that I thought that she has a lot of class as a person. I feel very strongly about that. I think that she's probably caught up in events or ongoing work or family matters that hasn't permitted her the time to come forward. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Time will tell. These people deserve an explanation.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-13-2008 at 12:36 PM..