Old 10-24-2021, 09:21 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

More disappointment from Barcelona.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:54 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Question

I have to admit that I "rejected" Barca as soon as Leo Messi left...

But they have big problems, surprisingly big!

Alizée 💜
Old 10-28-2021, 10:45 PM
Against The Current

I noticed them and slowly became a fan during their Ronaldinho era when I was growing up, but of course Messi was already showing promise at the time. I wish him well but I remain a culé. Of course, I also follow PSG and I am glad that he is finally scoring there.

Anyway, Koeman is out, finally. With respect to his playing days, he did little to improve our situation since he came on board. I just hope a future with Xavi as coach is not far ahead.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:57 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Saman Ghoddos has scored his first Premier League goal!

https://streamja.com/2z5WB
Old 10-31-2021, 08:55 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Red face

Koeman was pretty miserable now... Not surprisingly, he was fired!

Maybe the club's own player will also get some results or Barca is doomed to be a smaller club in the future...

Alizée 💜
Old 11-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Question

Is PSG already “too good” when Messi and most of all Neymar ​have lost their splendor at least momentarily at the beginning of the season...?!

Alizée 💜
Old 11-04-2021, 09:04 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
Is PSG already “too good” when Messi and most of all Neymar ​have lost their splendor at least momentarily at the beginning of the season...?!
I don't think PSG were or remain 'too good', as apparently their performances have not been fully convincing so far.

A lot of people suspected PSG would struggle with balance having 3 big names in attack (Messi, Neymar, Mbappe) that are all individually brilliant but won't contribute heaps in terms of pressing or work rate when defending. From what I've heard people say about the team so far that seems to have been the case.
I watched a video about why Messi in particular is struggling, and apparently he's simply been pushed too far out wide on the wing to be close enough to goal. If he were to be given a more free role at striker he'd probably be putting up much better numbers, but then you still have problems aligning the rest of the attack.

Reminds me a bit of some problems Arsenal have faced in recent years (which I can speak more authoritatively on being an Arsenal fan). In 2019 we signed Pepe form Lille for a big fee, and the idea was to have a front 3 of Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe (all bought in on big fees).
However, the balance was very much off. Aubameyang would be played on the left but wants to cut inside onto his right foot, Pepe plays on the right and wants to cut inside onto his left foot, and Lacazette is already in that central space as well as a more pure number 9. The middle of the pitch was too crowded and the full backs were relied upon too much to provide width and crosses into the box.
Luckily the likes of Saka and Smith Rowe have broken through who are more versatile players and provide some balance to the attack, most of the time now we only have 1 or 2 of Aubameyang/Lacazette/Pepe on the pitch.

Anyway, that turned into an Arsenal ramble. For PSG, I think there are 4-5 teams more well equipped this season to win the Champions League, but they still have some time to figure things out before the knockouts.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:22 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
I just hope a future with Xavi as coach is not far ahead.
Not far ahead at all it seems
Old 11-12-2021, 05:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Exclamation

Brazil is the next country to take its place at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
I don't think PSG were or remain 'too good', as apparently their performances have not been fully convincing so far.

A lot of people suspected PSG would struggle with balance having 3 big names in attack (Messi, Neymar, Mbappe) that are all individually brilliant but won't contribute heaps in terms of pressing or work rate when defending. From what I've heard people say about the team so far that seems to have been the case.
I watched a video about why Messi in particular is struggling, and apparently he's simply been pushed too far out wide on the wing to be close enough to goal. If he were to be given a more free role at striker he'd probably be putting up much better numbers, but then you still have problems aligning the rest of the attack.
Yeah good analysis!

In practice, I mean that even one team would get 11 of the best players in the world = it really isn’t proof of the team’s future success automatically, at least right away - and in that case hardly ever!

Although it is nice to spin dream teams "on paper"!

Alizée 💜
Old 11-13-2021, 03:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Red face

FIFA World Cup Quelification UEFA:

Red card for Raitala, but Finland still wins Bosnia-Herzegovina...

Now that this has been won, the chances of the playoffs are closer... Finland-France game coming and it would be good to win!

[Alizée doesn't like it, but on the other hand today the FRA is pretty easy to beat Kazakhstan, so France could leave with B-Squad]...

Alizée 💜