Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Navy time - (Thread Hijack)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
Ed, what years were you in the Navy and what ships were you on? What did you do?

-just interested (thinking about mabye doing Navy ROTC in college)
I was in the Navy from Aug. 1980 to April 25, 1991.

I was a GMG (GunnersMate Guns) working with small arms and shipboard weapons systems. I worked on the 5"/54 Mod. 9 & 10, the Mk. 76 Oto Malera (italian gun system used on our FFG's) and the 5"38 Gun system on the Battleships that were re-commisioned in the '80's.

I was an enlisted puke for all that time - from E-1 (Seaman Recruit) up to E-6 (GMG-1 Gunners Mate First Class Petty Officer).

I was on the USS Bigelow (DD-942 - OLD ass destroyer), USS Aylwin (FF-1081 - built in the '70's) and the USS Taylor (FFG-50 built in the '80's). I was stationed at various times in Sicily, Spain, Guam, Charleston SC, Jacksonville FLA, Gulfport MS, Newport RI, and Virginia Beach VA.

I loved my time in the Navy - had a great time, saw lots of the world, and grew up a LOT. I wouldn't go back and do it now - i'm too much set in my ways now to follow anyone else' orders that i don't respect 100%, but if your young enough to get a commision - go for it - You don't have to walk everywhere, and it is work you will never see anywhere else!

AND - if you get assigned to shipboard duty - You'll see parts of the world you might never have otherwise!

I've been to England, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Isreal, Lebannon, Egypt, Bahrain, UAE, Dubai, Djibouti, Kenya, Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Venezualea (spelling?), Columbia, Belize, Japan, Guam and Australia. And those are the ones i remember!

ROTC isn't that bad, but if you do get a commission, remember you didn't come up through the Naval Academy - and therefore you won't be quite as "respected" by the regular O's..... Just a FYI - its not a big deal at the lower officer ranks, but by the time you hit 0-4 or 0-5, it becomes a big deal... anyway, hope that wasn't too much information.

Ed

Last edited by Edcognito; 05-19-2007 at 05:27 PM..
Old 05-19-2007, 08:01 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I'm not buying any of this. Nothing in the music news. No release date. No record label can be named. A hand written note that could easily be forged. Just the word of two girls. A photo they can't post. The one they can is quickly taken down. The one they do put up could be anybody. I mean, how many short girls with black hair can there be in Paris? No date set. Come on! I do know something about the entertainment business and the artist is always the first to know the release date.

I guess if you're hungry enough for information, you'll bite anything that comes along. As I've always said: If it comes out, I'll buy it...if not, life goes on.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:36 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

I was a GMG (GunnersMate Guns) working with small arms and shipboard weapons systems. I worked on the 5"/54 Mod. 9 & 10, the Mk. 76 Oto Malera (italian gun system used on our FFG's) and the 5"38 Gun system on the Battleships that were re-commisioned in the '80's.

I was an enlisted puke for all that time - from E-1 (Seaman Recruit) up to E-6 (GMG-1 Gunners Mate First Class Petty Officer).

I was on the USS Bigelow (DD-942 - OLD ass destroyer), USS Aylwin (FF-1081 - built in the '70's) and the USS Taylor (FFG-50 built in the '80's). I was stationed at various times in Sicily, Spain, Guam, Charleston SC, Jacksonville FLA, Gulfport MS, Newport RI, and Virginia Beach VA.

I loved my time in the Navy - had a great time, saw lots of the world, and grew up a LOT. I wouldn't go back and do it now - i'm too much set in my ways now to follow anyone else' orders that i don't respect 100%, but if your young enough to get a commision - go for it - You don't have to walk everywhere, and it is work you will never see anywhere else!

AND - if you get assigned to shipboard duty - You'll see parts of the world you might never have otherwise!

I've been to England, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Isreal, Lebannon, Egypt, Bahrain, UAE, Dubai, Djibouti, Kenya, Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Venezualea (spelling?), Columbia, Belize, Japan, Guam and Australia. And those are the ones i remember!

ROTC isn't that bad, but if you do get a commission, remember you didn't come up through the Naval Academy - and therefore you won't be quite as "respected" by the regular O's..... Just a FYI - its not a big deal at the lower officer ranks, but by the time you hit 0-4 or 0-5, it becomes a big deal... anyway, hope that wasn't too much information.

Ed
not too much information at all, thanks.
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

Ed

Venezuela,my friend, Venezuela
Old 05-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Rocket, I like your skepticism. It’s a quality somewhat lacking nowadays. However, I did get to see the pictures before they were taken down and they looked authentic as far as I could tell. Having said that, I feel the same way you do - I’ll buy her CD if and when it is available. Until then, life does go on…