Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-24-2013, 05:42 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

My doctor suggested I listen to some music from other countries. She said make sure you don't understand the lyrics or the language the music is sung in. I was being treated for depression and bad ringing in my ears. I always liked the sound of the French language so I looked up popular French music and Lolita video came up. I watched it and I didn't realize the girl in the video was the one singing the song because it seemed like the melody was a lower pitch than the girl could sing. Then I started looking into this and I was hooked. I love her music and the more I learn about her as a woman, the more I admire her as truly good person who seems to really care about people. She is amazing!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:03 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

I never noticed anything wrong with the pink/green l'alize outfit , probably because lili was nearly flat chested during gourmandises era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
count me in. I really facepalm every time i see her JEAM or l'Alize videos. Especialy that l'Alize pink outfit, that barely covered her chest. Those were great songs and i don't think they needed to go that far.
Those do not mix together

Jeam = probably mylenes worst lyrics ever and the english version don't help at all

And i agree about the outfit it was too short but her management seemed like they wanted to want turn into a sex symbol so i'm not surprised about their choice , i'm just glad she putted her family over her career and i doubt we would've liked what they had in store for her

Sorry for the off topic but I really hate jeam ... With passion

Anyways just to be back on topic :

I discovered zée in mid 2009 and since i first saw that unbelievably beautiful face
My jaw is still nowhere to be found ....

The end
Old 02-25-2013, 12:09 PM

Nino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
But I don't think any harm came to her from it
I feel that they only added to her Lolita image. People couldn't think of her in any other way. It makes me sad when the media refer to her as ex-Lolita even now. Lili and the character of Lolita have almost nothing in common.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
I feel that they only added to her Lolita image. People couldn't think of her in any other way. It makes me sad when the media refer to her as ex-Lolita even now. Lili and the character of Lolita have almost nothing in common.
This is very true. But when we're talking about pretty much any artist, it's important to remember that for the most part in order to market yourself and make a lasting impression, you need to put a piece of yourself aside and replace it with a different persona. Some big names who come to mind when I say this are Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Lana Del Rey. Alizee is not the only one who has had to play a character in order to be successful.

I do cringe a little bit when she goes to an interview and they reference her Lolita image. She was iconic in those days, but that image was several albums ago.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
But I don't think any harm came to her from it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
I feel that they only added to her Lolita image.
I agree. But I was referring to her as an individual, which to me is the most important thing, and not to her career. To me, Alizée decides the direction she wants to take her career in now. She chooses what kind of success she wants to go after, and how to get there.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM

Nino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.bagby View Post
My doctor suggested I listen to some music from other countries. She said make sure you don't understand the lyrics or the language the music is sung in. I was being treated for depression and bad ringing in my ears. I always liked the sound of the French language so I looked up popular French music and Lolita video came up. I watched it and I didn't realize the girl in the video was the one singing the song because it seemed like the melody was a lower pitch than the girl could sing. Then I started looking into this and I was hooked. I love her music and the more I learn about her as a woman, the more I admire her as truly good person who seems to really care about people. She is amazing!
Just before I discovered Alizée, I used to have terrible mood swings and I was disinterested with most things in life. It was like carrying a burden all the time not knowing what it was. Once I discovered her and her music, things were on an upswing. I don't normally stick around a particular artist/group when it comes to music. But I really owe Alizée one for having a huge positive impact on me and my general attitude towards everyday activities.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:06 AM

george007 is on a distinguished road

As I remember, my cousin showed me a collection of videos of Alizee's live performances, in 2007 when I was about 13. He (my cousin) was learning French back then and I asked him whether he understands the lyrics of these songs. His reply was "I understand none of these, but I think that this girl is very beautiful" I was wondering what was so special about this girl (maybe because I was too young). Since then I've been familiar with a few of the songs from her first two albums, but I never searched about her personal info or her current status.

Alizee was just another female singer to me, until I "accidentally" came across the En Concert DVD in January,2013. While watching the video I realized that she was more than just a singer and performer. I was fascinated by the way she interacted with the audience, the way she behaved on the stage and I really liked the songs ACC and L'e-mail a des ailes which I hadn't heard before.

After that I decided to search more about her on the web, found info about the albums Psych & UEDS and forthcoming album 5 and eventually ended up here. I asked my cousin whether he knows this forum and was disappointed to hear that he isn't interested in Alizee's music anymore. If not for my cousin I wouldn't have discovered her at all. So, that's my story
Old 06-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007 View Post
Alizee was just another female singer to me, until I "accidentally" came across the En Concert DVD in January,2013. While watching the video I realized that she was more than just a singer and performer. I was fascinated by the way she interacted with the audience, the way she behaved on the stage
That's precisely the reason why everytime some friends ask me about my passion for Alizée, or sometimes even make fun of me for being a fan of this "musically dead artist" in France , I'm always trying to get them to watch the 2004 Concert dvd ... to make them realize ... but the more I push in that direction , the less it seems they want to watch it ... :/

That's also why I sent emails to over fourty different french tv channels to propose them to air the concert, because I'm sure this would send a shockwave in the new generation who missed the Alizée tornado for having been born too late.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

In the past, I thought the Alizee story would make a very interesting story for magazines or certain television shows in this country, but one of the hardest problems I've faced along these lines is trying to find good contacts. Let's say a magazine like people, I've found it very difficult to get in touch with anyone at this magazine.

Now the Alizee story keeps getting more interesting with each passing year.Even the tats make it more interesting. So it might be time for a second round which might include a video being made of a life story and hopefully sending a link to it. to different companies, that is of course, if we can find some contacts.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
In the past, I thought the Alizee story would make a very interesting story for magazines or certain television shows in this country, but one of the hardest problems I've faced along these lines is trying to find good contacts. Let's say a magazine like people, I've found it very difficult to get in touch with anyone at this magazine.
You've got me thinking now... I know that many newspapers and television stations, and radio stations are owned by a handful of large companies, and that they share content among their outlets. Maybe we could write an article "Great music you've never heard about" and submit it to them (somehow) for a weekend newspaper edition or something like that. The thing is though, rather than just having it be about Alizée, it should be about several French female singers. That way the article could have broader appeal and therefore a better chance at being run, and people who read it can still have a chance to discover Alizée. As you said, we need the contacts and we'd also need someone who could write a nice article.