Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-29-2018, 06:19 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default Funny things you see in Alizee videos

I have noticed this guy for (probably) years on the Gourmandises video. Everybody in the audience is clapping and dancing, and this guy just stands there for the entire song, almost motionless. It kills me.

This shot is from 0:53, but he can be seen three or four more times in the exact same location. A few other times are 1:06, 2:26, 3:16.

The video link:

Old 05-29-2018, 07:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well he could be an old fuddy duddy or a stick in the mud, but I think it's just a case this show probably had several singers appear in it and he was a fan of someone else and not her. Hard to believe he could not get into it when all around were enjoying it, but to each his own.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:34 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

He may have been spellbound.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:35 AM

That could be very true. I also think that maybe he's very conservative. In my family, I have a brother who if I were to dance in a way the others around him (the guy in this video) would dance, I'd be bashed in a way that would be very embarrassing for me and I think that has been very detrimental to my social life, and in fact, I think it has been detrimental to his adopted son. There are so many factors that go into each and every one of our lives, so I would not worry about why this guy didn't get into this.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That could be very true. I also think that maybe he's very conservative. In my family, I have a brother who if I were to dance in a way the others around him (the guy in this video) would dance, I'd be bashed in a way that would be very embarrassing for me and I think that has been very detrimental to my social life, and in fact, I think it has been detrimental to his adopted son. There are so many factors that go into each and every one of our lives, so I would not worry about why this guy didn't get into this.

It wasn't my intention to make fun of this person, per se, or bring to light any character flaws. The point was that the studio audience was exuberant as a whole. Some in the audience were VERY exuberant in their dancing, which is kind of funny in of itself.

In the midst of this rowdy scene was one lone guy standing there. It struck me as funny because it was so noticeable. I had thought maybe he was part of security at the show or something.

Scruffy, I think I might have struck a nerve with you, but that was not my intention of course.

Edit:

In Les Enfoires 2011, Alizee sings Un monde parfait (A Perfect World) with Claire Keim. It is a song about a childlike view of what a perfect world would be like. Alizee and Claire dress for the part.

Part of the lyrics:

This morning I imagine a country without clouds
Where parrots don't live in cages anymore
Yellow ones, green ones, white ones, I make what pleases me
Because that's how I imagine a perfect world...

Three "monsters" attempt to spoil their perfect world during the song, and they use squirt guns to tame the monster until it starts singing with them.

One of the monsters is like a squid, and and after it was tamed by the squirt guns, it proceeded to put its tentacles around Alizee and Claire. Alizee's face went from smiling to being distraught. I don't know what the squid costume was made out of or how old it was, but it was obvious that it did not smell very good. Alizee, during the performance, picks up the end of one of the tentacles and smells it, and the resulting face was priceless.

I have the DVD so I was able to take some high quality screen shots. The song is on YouTube, but the resolution is not very good. If you are interested in watching it, below is the link and she does it at around 5:08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATONoC-IlsM

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 05-30-2018 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
..............Scruffy, I think I might have struck a nerve with you, but that was not my intention of course................
Not at all! I just put a lot of thought into each post and try my best to respond when and if I can find the time. Now that I'm back to work, that's harder for me to do. I got less than 6 hours sleep on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday which is typical of when I work. I thought your post was an interesting post because it's hard to understand how this guy could not respond in a sea of people who were responding and so like I said, I gave it a lot of thought.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:56 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
It wasn't my intention to make fun of this person, per se, or bring to light any character flaws. The point was that the studio audience was exuberant as a whole. Some in the audience were VERY exuberant in their dancing, which is kind of funny in of itself.

In the midst of this rowdy scene was one lone guy standing there. It struck me as funny because it was so noticeable. I had thought maybe he was part of security at the show or something.

Scruffy, I think I might have struck a nerve with you, but that was not my intention of course.

Edit:

In Les Enfoires 2011, Alizee sings Un monde parfait (A Perfect World) with Claire Keim. It is a song about a childlike view of what a perfect world would be like. Alizee and Claire dress for the part.

Part of the lyrics:

This morning I imagine a country without clouds
Where parrots don't live in cages anymore
Yellow ones, green ones, white ones, I make what pleases me
Because that's how I imagine a perfect world...

Three "monsters" attempt to spoil their perfect world during the song, and they use squirt guns to tame the monster until it starts singing with them.

One of the monsters is like a squid, and and after it was tamed by the squirt guns, it proceeded to put its tentacles around Alizee and Claire. Alizee's face went from smiling to being distraught. I don't know what the squid costume was made out of or how old it was, but it was obvious that it did not smell very good. Alizee, during the performance, picks up the end of one of the tentacles and smells it, and the resulting face was priceless.

I have the DVD so I was able to take some high quality screen shots. The song is on YouTube, but the resolution is not very good. If you are interested in watching it, below is the link and she does it at around 5:08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATONoC-IlsM
She was clowning throughout that performance. Don't take any of it seriously.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She was clowning throughout that performance. Don't take any of it seriously.
Most of the funny things I see in her videos is done by Alizee herself. I love her sense of humor and affectionately think of her as a goofball.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:15 PM
Administrator

This one is only *maybe* funny. I think the contrast is kind of interesting. Both the below screen shots are from the En Concert videos.

Below we have a picture of some front row audience members when Alizee started JEM En Concert. OK, so there are a two or three male audience members that are screaming and holding their arms out. Behind this front row, there is much less enthusiasm. The scene makes me think of the first Beatles US tour with the young women going crazy. I have been to dozens of concerts in my lifetime. I have never seen a group of guys act like this, even if it is an Alizee-like performer (if that is even possible!). My guess is that the camera crew "encouraged" them.

The point in time where this happens in the video is:

https://youtu.be/YfAd0k4rs14?t=31

I am not buying it...

In total contrast to this is when Alizee performs Amelie m'a dit. Definitely a slower-paced song, but the camera catches a male audience member who seems to have a very good seat in relation to the stage.

Now THIS guy is totally believable. He paid the bucks to get almost front row, and by looking at the expression on his face... well.... let's say he is living his dream. The eyes don't lie.

For those interested, the moment is here:
https://youtu.be/5_j61eYfgU4?t=165

I am totally buying it on this guy....
Old 06-01-2018, 05:19 AM

Well there was the time Jessica's little brother Alex was busted by his mother. All three were sitting behind Alizee while she was dancing to JPVA during the 2003 Stars a Domicile show. Alizee's outfit was somewhat revealing when viewed from behind. Alex noticed it. Alex's mother noticed it and Alex's mother noticed Alex noticing it.