Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
At times it feels like we fans in the USA totally go unnoticed or are totally ignored.
I do understand the feeling, but I believe it's all explained by the fact that Her Grace has in some ways a very private nature. There are hints of this in some of the lyrics from Psych. Note especially the lyrics to Decollage, which I just listened to again the other day. The reference to retreating into a shell is what I mean. She is an introvert, not an extravert. She enjoys public acclaim and the adoration of fans, but not constantly, and has to always be able to retreat where the world can't follow. From time to time, she's going to do that. It's just the way she is. (Being an introvert myself I can easily understand this. Just imagining being followed by crowds of people everywhere gives me the creeps.)

About the Twitter thing, I confess to being an ignorant cave man when it comes to that subject. I don't have a phone capable of using it and I have only the vaguest notion of what it is. Just because she chose not to follow AlizeeUSA doesn't mean she didn't notice its existence, does it? Anyway, she certainly is aware of her U.S. fan base. If nothing else, a look at this site's home page, with the "Pour Alizée America" autographed photo, should make that clear. There aren't enough of us I think to warrant major professional/commercial attention, but on a personal level she knows we're here. Don't expect massive, constant outpourings of affection, is all. She's not like that.

[Ahem.] Neanmoins, un mot occasionel n'est pas inappropos, mon enchanteresse. Juste de temps en temps.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-27-2009, 01:29 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

I agree with you Deepwaters in all. She is a person, who knows how to make a border between her and her fans without being impolite. When she wants calm, she easily retreat from public into her own world-world without microphones, cameras and make-up, world where she enjoys time with family. And when she wants, she is open for fans. But I think that she always has fans in her heart, as I remember she said that without fans she wouldn't be there where she is now.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

@alizeeitalia posted a picture to a followup story in a magazine about her twitter reply to her and Jeremy's separation. Not sure what it says but they found it funny, will need a translation

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9...blicalizee.jpg

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Half Dog Half Human

FireCanine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
@alizeeitalia posted a picture to a followup story in a magazine about her twitter reply to her and Jeremy's separation. Not sure what it says but they found it funny, will need a translation

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9...blicalizee.jpg
They're just saying that Alizée responded to the rumor with humor (Hey that rhymes!)
Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I do understand the feeling, but I believe it's all explained by the fact that Her Grace has in some ways a very private nature. There are hints of this in some of the lyrics from Psych. Note especially the lyrics to Decollage, which I just listened to again the other day. The reference to retreating into a shell is what I mean. She is an introvert, not an extravert. She enjoys public acclaim and the adoration of fans, but not constantly, and has to always be able to retreat where the world can't follow. From time to time, she's going to do that. It's just the way she is. (Being an introvert myself I can easily understand this. Just imagining being followed by crowds of people everywhere gives me the creeps.)

About the Twitter thing, I confess to being an ignorant cave man when it comes to that subject. I don't have a phone capable of using it and I have only the vaguest notion of what it is. Just because she chose not to follow AlizeeUSA doesn't mean she didn't notice its existence, does it? Anyway, she certainly is aware of her U.S. fan base. If nothing else, a look at this site's home page, with the "Pour Alizée America" autographed photo, should make that clear. There aren't enough of us I think to warrant major professional/commercial attention, but on a personal level she knows we're here. Don't expect massive, constant outpourings of affection, is all. She's not like that.

[Ahem.] Neanmoins, un mot occasionel n'est pas inappropos, mon enchanteresse. Juste de temps en temps.
The point of my previous post was not about attention from Alizée on a personal level. To me, that is a separate issue, and one that you outlined pretty well. I was referring to attention in regards to her public career. I am hoping we will someday be acknowledged as a fan base worthy of some attention. I think back to the problems with videos not being "available" in our country and music not being available or officially released here. This may also be hampering our ability to get her music played in the USA.

We have appealed to Jive/Epic on Twitter to "give us the tools" to help promote her here. Hopefully we will be taken seriously, but as I said before, we probably need to increase our numbers for that. It's a catch-22 though. Without the "tools" it's hard to promote and gain numbers. But without the numbers, they seem to not want to give us the "tools". In Mexico they were able to take "liberties" with the rules, or the rules didn't exist. That's probably not an option in the USA.

As far as Twitter goes, Alizée is following Lillytown.com (France) and Alizee_latino.com. She is not following USA sites or even AF. Twitter can be a good promotional tool, but so far Alizée hasn't made much use of it in that regard. In fact, I would say that most of her tweets are not career related at all. Like telling us she's having lunch with her best friend, or attending Oxmo's daughter's birthday party (and even posting pics) seems on the "light" personal side. Not the kind of tweets I would have expected, but I really do enjoy them
Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
As far as Twitter goes, Alizée is following Lillytown.com (France) and Alizee_latino.com.
she will follow who she wants and likes

Quote:
She is not following USA sites
the US site does not have a twitter account

Quote:
or even AF.
cause that'll happen

Old 08-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
she will follow who she wants and likes

the US site does not have a twitter account

cause that'll happen
Our US site does have a Twitter account.
Lillytown USA has a Twitter account.

I believe the fan sites she's following are "official". That may be her reason for choosing them.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I believe the fan sites she's following are "official". That may be her reason for choosing them.
No, LillyTownUSA does not have a twitter account. That account you see if not run by us. It's an impostor.

As for Alizée following people, she hardly uses Twitter, so it's not a big deal who she follows and does not follow. It does not mean she likes one site over another. You should already know this since she followed Alizée Mexico and not Alizée Latino. Means nothing...
Old 08-30-2009, 01:31 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
No, LillyTownUSA does not have a twitter account. That account you see if not run by us. It's an impostor.

As for Alizée following people, she hardly uses Twitter, so it's not a big deal who she follows and does not follow. It does not mean she likes one site over another. You should already know this since she followed Alizée Mexico and not Alizée Latino. Means nothing...
I rest my case

Old 08-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post

Thanks for the info about the LillytownUSA site and Twitter account. I didn't know that.

I never said she liked one site over another based on who she follows on Twitter. As a matter of fact if you read my previous posts you'll see I pointed out that she uses it more in a light-hearted and less serious manner.

It seems my mistake was to mention feeling "left out" in the same paragraph in a comment I made about Twitter. It has nothing to do with Twitter. The point I was trying to make is that if we want to promote Alizée in the USA and get releases here, we need to grow our base in order to get the attention of the powers that be. Right now, I don't think we have that attention, or the numbers.
Closed Thread

Tags
twitter