Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-12-2010, 07:43 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
I know Im new but I have to say this, that I dont ever think I will get tired of Alizée. She is so fresh, new, and positive, like a breath of fresh air. So if I chime in Im chiming to listening to more Alizée today or tonite or both. And that I dont think Ill get burned out on, at least I know I wont get burned out today anyhow.
I still really love the earlier Alizée stuff even though I don't really listen to it anymore. I probably would, but it's a bit tough with the nostalgic affect. I have trouble reconciling how I felt about Alizée back then and how I have to relate to her now. It's just different and from different eras for me. That early stuff was really great, but I can't fall in love with it again because there's this other person with a different kind of music that I am trying to follow now. But, I don't think I'll ever stop seeing why I became a fan. I fell in love with a cute, pretty, young woman full of potential and charm with some great songs with great positive energy. I decided this based on seeing a bunch of videos for the most part. Those videos are still there and they still exude the same Alizée charm. And actually, I came to appreciate everything more and more over time, like the remixes. And now certain remixes are among my favorite things that came out of that era. They are just really good music that can compete with anything.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I still really love the earlier Alizée stuff even though I don't really listen to it anymore. I probably would, but it's a bit tough with the nostalgic affect. I have trouble reconciling how I felt about Alizée back then and how I have to relate to her now. It's just different and from different eras for me. That early stuff was really great, but I can't fall in love with it again because there's this other person with a different kind of music that I am trying to follow now. But, I don't think I'll ever stop seeing why I became a fan. I fell in love with a cute, pretty, young woman full of potential and charm with some great songs with great positive energy. I decided this based on seeing a bunch of videos for the most part. Those videos are still there and they still exude the same Alizée charm. And actually, I came to appreciate everything more and more over time, like the remixes. And now certain remixes are among my favorite things that came out of that era. They are just really good music that can compete with anything.
I know that I haven't been a fan for as long as you Roman, but I totally understand what you mean by the nostalgia. Interestingly though, the more and more I listen to her MCE music, particularly Veni Vidi Vici, I feel what I felt when I first learned of her over a year ago.

I've mentioned this before though, but it's also when I watch the videos that the sense of nostalgia is particularly strong.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
I know Im new but I have to say this, that I dont ever think I will get tired of Alizée. She is so fresh, new, and positive, like a breath of fresh air. So if I chime in Im chiming to listening to more Alizée today or tonite or both. And that I dont think Ill get burned out on, at least I know I wont get burned out today anyhow.
We older folk have a big advantage over the younger members. For us, Alizée will be eternally young....for she will always be so much younger than ourselves.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Okay, to the older fans, I want to ask this. But I'm just asking because I just really want to know, I don't mean to be offensive in any way.

My question is, did you ever feel.. kind of uh, awkward? Being so infatuated with such a young(back when she first debuted) girl?

I mean, I was 18 when I first discovered her start, putting her at 15, and I kind of felt a bit like a dirty old man, watching videos of a 15 year old dancing and singing provocatively. Especially when I started putting those pictures of her as my background.

Remember though, I don't mean to offend anyone!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Okay, to the older fans, I want to ask this. But I'm just asking because I just really want to know, I don't mean to be offensive in any way.

My question is, did you ever feel.. kind of uh, awkward? Being so infatuated with such a young(back when she first debuted) girl?

I mean, I was 18 when I first discovered her start, putting her at 15, and I kind of felt a bit like a dirty old man, watching videos of a 15 year old dancing and singing provocatively. Especially when I started putting those pictures of her as my background.

Remember though, I don't mean to offend anyone!
At first especially, yes, particularly the earliest stuff, but not too much. And once I had really fallen for her, I guess I was so mesmerized and also having been welcomed by the people here it didn't feel so weird. So, after a while it didn't bother me so much. I had great appreciation and it's not like it was just about sex or something even if she was quite sexy at 18. The earliest stuff didn't occur to me as being highly sexy at the time, but just that she was very cute, pretty, charming, and I liked the music and the atmosphere it and the videos (Gourmandises, for example) evoked. So, basically, I got to the point where I didn't care what anyone else thought. I found my thing in life that was really wonderful and that's that. Alizée was greater than shame. I had nothing to feel ashamed of. I guess it was a kind of falling in love.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-12-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
At first especially, yes, particularly the earliest stuff, but not too much. And once I had really fallen for her, I guess I was so mesmerized and also having been welcomed by the people here it didn't feel so weird. So, after a while it didn't bother me so much. I had great appreciation and it's not like it was just about sex or something even if she was quite sexy at 18. The earliest stuff didn't occur to me as being highly sexy at the time, but just that she was very cute, pretty, charming, and I liked the music and the atmosphere it and the videos (Gourmandises, for example) evoked. So, basically, I got to the point where I didn't care what anyone else thought. I found my thing in life that was really wonderful and that's that. Alizée was greater than shame. I had nothing to feel ashamed of. I guess it was a kind of falling in love.
Thanks for your input. I'm asking because.. well, as you said, it isn't just about sex, but it was so hard to convince people otherwise. I don't know if it's because they found her sexually attractive, and was using my fascination of her to cover up theirs, or they were just being total jerks.

Pedophile was thrown at me a couple times, despite her, you know, being older then me.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:33 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

You know Wasabi 99% of what someone projects on others is really about them and not the person they are focusing on. I think this subject has been discussed at length in other posts, but I can't remember which ones. My brother for instance teases me about being a fan of Alizee. He jokes about how funny I would look at a Myley Cyrus concert on the front role with all the young fans as an example. He also says that If Alizee becomes missing that he will be compelled to turn me over to the authorities. All done in a joking way, but I think he is projecting some of his own issues onto me. What Alizee represents to each fan is as individual as each one of our fingerprints although it appears that we have much in common thus Alizee America.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

That's kind of an odd question. It seems to assume that our "infatuation" is sexual and/or romantic. Then again, maybe you just meant it artistically, in terms of the teenage Alizée being childish -- actually not true at all; she's always had fans that covered a wide range of ages. Be that as it may, let me deal with both aspects, the romantic and the artistic.

For me, several years ago when I first discovered her, it was a magical experience that pulled me out of a deep depression and restored my ability to write. Because of that, I have a permanent loyalty to Alizée, out of sheer gratitude. If there was anything erotic in that, it was almost subliminal and secondary to the important thing that was happening. If such factors as, you know, we live on different continents, we've never met, we have about half a language in common on a good day, and she's in a monogamous relationship, were to somehow not prove a barrier, would I date her? Now, hell yes! When she was 16, or even 18, no. It's not "age difference" that matters but whether both parties are adults. For me, anyway. As adorable as she was when a teenager, she was still a teenager. I don't go there.

As far as art is concerned, though, that's a bit different. I would not have hit on Alizée when she was 16 or 18 but I could still enjoy her voice and the songs she was singing, and seeing her in videos or in concert. Those songs are not "bubble gum pop crap," they were written by one of the most wickedly eloquent and poetic lyricists in French music and have a lot of nuance to them. Alizée put on a hell of a performance, with nothing trashy or childish about it.

I do like what she is doing now even better. But I liked what she did before, too, and no, I'm not the least bit ashamed of that, nor does it make me feel awkward.

Hopefully all that will answer your question.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

It's definitely not sexual on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
For me, several years ago when I first discovered her, it was a magical experience that pulled me out of a deep depression and restored my ability to write. Because of that, I have a permanent loyalty to Alizée, out of sheer gratitude.
I can relate to the "gratitude" that you were alluding to in your previous post. After discovering her I felt as though I finally found something that could lift my spirits no matter how badly things are going. She softens the hardships that one encounters in life. Initially I even felt a little guilty in that I wish there was some way I could give her something in return for giving me this gift. But later on I decided that appreciating life and trying to be a good person is enough.

And as for the music, you're absolutely right. It certainly goes deeper than the typical "bubble gum pop" type of music. Many of her songs have a dual meaning. The music itself is very catchy and I think the fact that she's so cute is only a part of what makes her so attractive. Her voice and the way she carries herself completes her as the perfect little package of cuteness.

*edit* I also want to add that there's nothing in life that I feel I can't handle now. I used to worry about things NONSTOP and there were many things that I was insecure about. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it was Alizée who helped me to get over everything. It's amazing how much she has changed me.

Last edited by Rictor; 06-13-2010 at 11:43 AM..
Old 06-13-2010, 11:57 AM

For the record, I never meant anything about finding her sexually attractive, what I was trying to get at was being much older while being a fan of a very young girl. Showing her early videos always drew questionable looks just because she was a young, albeit gorgeous, gal.