Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road
Default Why Alizée?

First off, im an analyst. I analyze everything i see and encounter in the world around me. For example why is the dog barking? Because he wants food is not sufficient. What eveloutinary steps have made the dog bark and why did they occure? Sometimes i simply think to much, anyway let's get to the point.

My question is why did i start listening to Alizée and why can't i stop?
We all know she is beautiful and seemingly wonderful as a person, but i don't think that's all there is to it. Let's conentrate on the music.

Troughout my life i have listened to all these very diffrent bands that seemingly have no bounds to each other in anyway.

When i was little i listened to various techno bands and my favourite was The Prodigy, a "electronic punkband". Strangely at the same time i was into No Doubt, a popband. Later i started to listen more and more to metal bands and discovered Opeth and Katatonia.

Now what does all these band have in common, it's the melancholic sound.
Shortly after i discovered Alizée i found out about Mylene Farmer which music i love aswell. I have found many other french artist recently and it seems to me that french musicans are good at creating melancholic songs.

Maybe it's just me thinking to much again but im curious.
What do you guys listen to else than Alizée?
Is there maybe something else about Alizée that im missing?
Maybe it's just "love" that's messing with my "judgement"?

What do you guys think?
Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
First off, im an analyst. I analyze everything i see and encounter in the world around me. For example why is the dog barking? Because he wants food is not sufficient. What eveloutinary steps have made the dog bark and why did they occure? Sometimes i simply think to much, anyway let's get to the point.

We all know she is beautiful and seemingly wonderful as a person, but i don't think that's all there is to it. Let's conentrate on the music.

Troughout my life i have listened to all these very diffrent bands that seemingly have no bounds to each other in anyway.

When i was little i listened to various techno bands and my favourite was The Prodigy, a "electronic punkband". Strangely at the same time i was into No Doubt, a popband. Later i started to listen more and more to metal bands and discovered Opeth and Katatonia.

Shortly after i discovered Alizée i found out about Mylene Farmer which music i love aswell. I have found many other french artist recently and it seems to me that french musicans are good at creating melancholic songs.

What do you guys think?
First off, welcome to the site bro. This is a question everybody asks when they first join the site and the answer isn't really known. Alizee just has that thing about her that makes you like her I guess

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Simple. Alizee is magic.

I'm a prime example of that. I have a book of insults and hate comments to throw out to modern rap, hip-hop, modern rock, punk, emo, and other genres of music outside of the world of heavy metal.

Metal is my life, but since I discovered her 8 years ago, I have included her in my life as well. This is just strange, why, she is no different than all those people I insult on daily bases, but the truth is revealed to me over time, she IS different, an unexplainable quality, a mixture of beauty, voice, ability, talent, personality, and uncharted enchantment that we cannot hope to comprehend.

That, is the reason I listen to Alizee as much as I do to my beloved metal genre, she, is something else.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post

What do you guys think?
Alizee is different from other performers in the fact that:
A. She has a captivating voice which was masterfully used by Mylene and Laurant in all of their music.
B. She has an innocent, shy, but yet sexy appearance that is addictive to all gender, but seems to appeal to the protection and addoration of male fans.

I also listen to Eva Cassidy (another angelic voice who sadly passed away at age 33, you can find her on U-tube) and I listen to Carly Simon and Norah Jones.
But none of these artists have the complete and pure package that we all so love about Alizee.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:05 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Singer Characteristics:

1. Genre
2. Voice
3. Composition
4. Lyrics
5. Choreography
6. Looks
7. Personality

I listen to lots of music from singers that excel in several of the above categories. Until Alizée I never heard a singer that excelled in all. Granted, in the early years, things like composition, lyrics, and choreography must be attributed to Laurent and Mylene. But that just further emphasizes the uniqueness of the phenomenon. And I guess the icing on the cake is number 8:

8. Angel.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 PM

Veni_Vedi_Vici is on a distinguished road

Alizee is special, in my opinion. I think it's quite amazing how she and her music are just both so captivating & beautiful that it completely transcends languages, ages, genders etc. I don't speak a word of French [I want to now though] but I can't get enough of her. Her music is just that powerful to me.

Last edited by Veni_Vedi_Vici; 08-10-2008 at 11:51 PM..
Old 08-10-2008, 10:29 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the sight Tomtentp. In answer to your question, I think Frued said it best: Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:27 PM

wolfram0790 is on a distinguished road

I agree, I just can't stop listening to her or watching her videos over and over again.

I could watch her like 10000 times and never get bored
Old 08-10-2008, 11:30 PM

mjmyo11 is on a distinguished road

Its simple Alizée is a goddess and she cast a spell through her voice and now we are all under it.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:31 AM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

Firstly, wow a lot of newbies are coming out of the woodwork. Welcome!!
On topic, well like many others have put it, she's different. All of us(in this thread at least) are from everywhere but France. So, this new language, culture,etc is enticing to us.And it's not too hard for us to fall for it when the whole Alizée package is churned out by some of the best in the business (namely Mylene, Laurent and Lilly). Oh, also the fact that lilly is one of the cutest and most infatuating chicks on the planet helps too!