Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-19-2011, 06:45 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default What were Alizee's thoughts back in 2004

Back in 2004, Alizee all but vanished from the music world. Do you think she ever contemplated retiring at this point, or was she just so happy with her new husband and soon to come baby that she didn't care about her career until maybe reality started setting in to the point where they realized hey, we may have enough money now, but we're young and we have many years ahead of us, so we better not rest on our laurels?

Are there any interviews where she discussed why she took such a long break? If it never was her intention to retire, do you think she realized how fame is fleeting and you have to capitalize on it when you're hot or you risk losing a lot of fans which she apparently did?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Are there any interviews where she discussed why she took such a long break?
It's was discussed in this interview, the part in Corsica with Alizée's Grandparents.

http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=82

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

So at 31 seconds of this show, we are told that Alizee chose music that is the complete opposite of what she sang before. Why? Was she not happy with the music she sang before, or was it possible that she didn't mind the music she sang before, but she felt used by MF and LB,so she wanted to go off in a completely new direction?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Alizée has said that because she is superstitious, she doesn't like to plan too much. I think she sets a few goals, but really tends to take things one day at a time, until things eventually get done. The world she comes from and the pace she is accustomed to is more laid back than what we tend to be accustomed to in the US. So for us, it may seem like her break was unusually long, but maybe it didn't seem that way to her at all.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I think she took a break to enjoy her family (husband, kid, parents, grandparents, friends) while they are still there. Had she stayed with MF/LB or split and immediately started doing a 3rd album in 2004, before she knew it Annily would be much older, and her parents and grandparents would have slipped away more. So I think she decided that she needed to enjoy her family and private life while she could.

And I think she made the right choice in going on the "hiatus".
Old 04-19-2011, 10:57 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I think there were a number of reasons for the hiatus. Most of the reasons have been stated in interviews. I think she was unhappy with the bubble gum lyrics with Lb/Mf. Not that they weren't genius for a young Alizee. She stated in at least one interview that she wanted more mature themes almost from the start. I also think and she has eluded to the fact that she was tired of the pace of fame and needed a break. She had a new marriage and a child on the way. She has a strong bond with family and decided that was her priorities at the time and was willing to risk her music career and I think she probably considered retiring at that point, It is in her blood and after some time she wanted to get back to it. I think you are also right Lefty, that she is superstitious and lives one day at a time and at her comfortable pace. I think her lack of communication about future or even current plans are a great part of this, albeit being frustrating for fans.
;I also think Alizee loves performing and the pressures of fame got in the way of the fun. I think liking what she performs is much more important to Alizee than maintaining her fame regardless of the consequences to her singing career. I could see her getting into the computer business professionally and involving herself in fundraiser singing events like Enfoires exclusively. Though the music business wants you to sell your sole to the devil so to speak, I think Alizee has avoided going to those lengths and her time with Mf/LB really scared her. It was either sell out completely or leave and she chose the latter.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I feel there are many reasons why Alizée took time off. I don't believe Annily was planned for her at 20 but it happened and she engulfed herself in it, which is the right thing to do.

Staying in the light as a star is harder today then it was before the internet came along with so many people and so much music available. (Media overload) Today's audiences can be really hot for a singer, but they can also fade just as fast.

We know that Alizée wanted to break from Mylene, but one person's ideas of what they want to sing and how they want to present themselves publicly, may not always be how the audience wants to see them represented. I refer to Ricky Nelson at Madison Square Garden, where he was not well accepted because he did not sing his songs which made him famous as a TV and recording artist during Ozzie and Harriet days. It was not what the audience expected, nor desired to hear from him at the Garden.

No matter what the various reasons may be for why Alizée both took time off and went in a different direction, it still shows that she has things of her own to express and desires to do musically. I feel this is a good thing. No artist can be happy doing only what her audience expects of her, based on her first appearance as a star. We all grow, and change as we mature and find ourselves.

Still, blending some of her own work with possibly some more commercially sounding songs would not only offer her to the public as she wishes to be seen, but also satisfy the public's desire to hear her sing songs the public desires as well. A balance might need to be struck for continuing success.

My wish for Alizée is that she remains happy and finds a way to satisfy the fans who purchase her music, thereby finding a middle ground that offers her and her audience what they each want.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
My wish for Alizée is that she remains happy and finds a way to satisfy the fans who purchase her music, thereby finding a middle ground that offers her and her audience what they each want.
If only she could read that right there
Old 04-20-2011, 09:30 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I feel there are many reasons why Alizée took time off. I don't believe Annily was planned for her at 20 but it happened and she engulfed herself in it, which is the right thing to do.
I initially believed that Alizee had a shotgun wedding because Jeremy unexpectedly knocked her up much like Britney Spears and K. Federline. But my timeline was screwed up because Alizee did not have Annily until a year after her marriage. I also ran across this interview where Alizee seemed to have planned to have Annily before she was 20. Alizee basically said that her mother had her children early too, and that she wanted to have a kid so her grandparents could enjoy their grandkid(s). Alizee is just too sweet. Here's the interview:

[Part of the post removed]

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 04-21-2011 at 01:44 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Staying in the light as a star is harder today then it was before the internet came along with so many people and so much music available. (Media overload) Today's audiences can be really hot for a singer, but they can also fade just as fast.
Miley Cyrus is a perfect example of that as per this article.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amp...e-usa-anymore/

Back to topic. I admire Alizee for choosing her family over her career. Of course, I wish she has a successful career as well. Unfortunately, she had to make that choice. It sucks for fans like us. But, I'd rather see her have a happy life than see her spiral down like Britney Spears.