Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 09-25-2017, 03:43 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Salut magazine article from 2000

Here's another article AIFC shared with me. Translation by Backinblack.

Attachment 1636

Attachment 1637

"SALUT (2000)
ALIZEE: "I dream of having as much success as Mylène Farmer!"

You have to believe that certain good fairies hover longer over certain cradles. Alizée, in any case, is a very lucky young Corsican! She's barely 16, and already everything is smiling on her. The proof, her first single: "Moi... Lolita", written by Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat (234) is in the lead at the top. Not bad, huh?

Your single was released in the month of July and three weeks later, you're already on top... It was urgent that we get to know you. Tell us a little about who you are...
A: I was born in Ajaccio, in Corsica, on August 21, 1984, and I lived there with my parents and Johann, my ten-year-old brother. I still live there and I love this island...

I often wonder what people do to get into show business. It's such a closed profession... Are your parents artists?
A: Not at all! (smiles) Not them, nor anyone else in my family. My mom is a shopkeeper and my dad works in computers. No, my history is a combination of circumstances, of real luck.

How did it all begin?
A: When I was 5 years old, my parents signed me up for a modern dance class and, up until I recorded this disc, I dreamed of becoming a dance teacher. And then, because I'm extremely shy, when the singing and theater classes opened up in this same school, I signed up to give myself more confidence. For three years, on top of my studies (at the beginning of the year, I'll be in "première"), I followed this instruction and I liked it a lot.

To the point of, I believe, signing yourself up, last November, for the competition organized by the M6 show "Graines de stars"?
A: Yes, that's it. Actually, my friends and I did it just for fun. Without thinking that we were going to be picked. I just wanted to try my luck only in the dance category, but my friend also signed me up for the list of singers, and that's where I was selected.

Was it difficult?
A: No, not too difficult. But very very long. We were called at 5:00 in the afternoon and I went as the last one at 3:00 in the morning. I was really sleepy and I almost gave up to go find my bed as quickly as possible. It was my mom who told me: "As long as it takes, let's stay until the end."

It seems she did well...!
A: Yes, since I was selected to participate in the show in Paris. I had to sing in front of Patrick Bruel, whom I adore, and that wasn't easy...There, my shyness really hit me, but, he showed himself to be very kind and reassuring with me! (smiles)

Are you superstitious? Do you have any good-luck charms with you?
A: Oh! Yes I have lots! I'm never without the chain and pendant that my dance teacher gave me. I also have a subway ticket from New York and all sorts of bracelets.

When you learned that you had won, what did you feel?
A: I was crazy with joy, of course. And then, I thought my little life was going to go back to normal in Corsica.

But it didn't happen quite like that!
A: Friends of my parents who lived in Paris heard talk of an audition. A producer was looking for a young singer. I sent my photo spread and the cassette from Graines de stars. It was only when I arrived at the studio, where I had to do the audition, that I discovered that it was Laurent Boutonnat. I couldn't believe my eyes!

And how was your first meeting with Mylène Farmer? Is she as mysterious as people say?
A: No, not at all. She's someone very simple and very easy-going. Things went well right away between us.

It's the first time that this shock duo has written for someone else; do you know why they chose you?
A: I don't know, and I admit that I wouldn't dare ask them about it.

How would you introduce yourself to our readers who are discovering you today?
A: I would say that I love my little brother (who himself dreams of becoming a football player), the beach and the animals. I have a lot of them: cats, dogs, hamsters, goldfish, but now, we live in an apartment, and this wouldn't be a life for them. When I have time, I hurry and go shopping. And playing supermodel and trying a bunch of things in front of my mirror, I love that! On the other hand, I hate lies and hypocrisy.

In what state of mind do you find yourself now?
A: Frankly, I know that I have a huge amount of luck, but I haven't really realized what has happened to me. I'm living a true fairy tale. Even when someone asks for my autograph, I have trouble believing it's me that they're addressing. In any case, one thing's for sure: now, I only have one dream, to become a singer with a career as prestigious as Mylène's!

[Mini Infos]: In 1995, Alizée participated in a contest for AOM. This was a contest to color the drawing of an airplane. Her sketch was chosen and an airplane (a real one, this time) carried her name and colors. She also won a trip to the Maldives. Lucky girl, we say!
Alizée is her real name, chosen by her parents who loved windboarding, and therefore the wind...
She only has one secret: her family name that she prefers to keep quiet from the press."

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-06-2018 at 08:51 PM..
Old 09-25-2017, 04:12 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

It is always amazing to read how all this started. A small change and the outcome would have been quite different.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I thought it was interesting when she said friends of her parents in Paris heard of an audition in Paris and so she said she sent some photos and a casette, but in SAGA, Alizee said Mylene was doing some channel surfing one night and apparently saw the Graines du stars show, then apparently sought out Alizee. I guess the actual story may be a combination of the two. Maybe Mylene new the producers of GDS, contacted them and maybe they had a local (Paris) contact who knew the Jacotey family.

A lot of these magazine articles are very repetitive of the info that's in them, but I try to choose ones that have some extra interesting tidbit of info we didn't know before.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-25-2017 at 08:42 PM..
Old 09-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

I'd have to agree a combination of the two stories .
We should request and see if she is willing to do a video interview in English .
It would be interesting to compile such questions and request a short video . .
Old 09-26-2017, 03:18 PM

I dont know, but I doubt we can arrange an interview for Alizee America. She is relatively reserved to do such things for her fans.
Her english is very limited. To get detailed answers the interview should be held in french.

Last edited by kulli; 09-26-2017 at 04:18 PM..
Old 09-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Оле Оле

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
I dont know, but I doubt we can arrange an interview for Alizee America. She is relatively reserved to do such things for her fans.
Her english is very limited. To get detailed answers the interview should be held in french.
Doubt is a great detractor and won't ever help success .
Her English is fine and that she is limited in it is more a faery tale than her life.
Especially considering anyone on the planet ( if they have an issue , which she wouldn't ) with access to the internet can translate any text. . . To think there that well we can just translate what she says in French misses the point that AAM and perhaps her biggest supporters on the planet want English.

AAM is an English speaking site so that is what we are suited for,she herself posts in English.If you watch her insta and she is watching us then she will post again in English like very soon proving my point.Have nice day
Old 09-29-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
Doubt is a great detractor and won't ever help success .
Her English is fine and that she is limited in it is more a faery tale than her life.
Especially considering anyone on the planet ( if they have an issue , which she wouldn't ) with access to the internet can translate any text. . . To think there that well we can just translate what she says in French misses the point that AAM and perhaps her biggest supporters on the planet want English.

AAM is an English speaking site so that is what we are suited for,she herself posts in English.If you watch her insta and she is watching us then she will post again in English like very soon proving my point.Have nice day

Giving an interview is much more difficult than just writing a few words on instagram, reading on forums or hold a little small talk like "where are you from" or something.
For an interview, it is necessary that she understands all questions and feels comfortable( not embarrassed to make mistakes) to give detailed answers for us.
She isn't perfect at it, but it shows she can put a few sentences together like on her live concerts.
Members who met her and talked to her it had to be translated to her because she had trouble understanding what they were saying.
So I think her english is limited but you can convince me otherwise
Old 09-29-2017, 10:52 PM
Оле Оле

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Giving an interview is much more difficult than just writing a few words on instagram, reading on forums or hold a little small talk like "where are you from" or something.
For an interview, it is necessary that she understands all questions and feels comfortable( not embarrassed to make mistakes) to give detailed answers for us.
She isn't perfect at it, but it shows she can put a few sentences together like on her live concerts.
Members who met her and talked to her it had to be translated to her because she had trouble understanding what they were saying.
So I think her english is limited but you can convince me otherwise
No one here is going to be sent to interview her in a sit down .
It would be sent in txt . With txt isn't a nervous fan with some gittery
from wheresoever accent while drooling saying please sign it i love you scruffydog.Then lets take a look at the location,you've got a line of drooling fans also known as noise pollution as i doubt they met her in a quiet library and your nervous as you think they are kinda full retard.Last to be insulting but being French thats just how i roll,Frogs are known to be a bit rude so the translator for all you know was just a buffer which isn't to say they didn't provide assistance as eluded to above considering the climate.Now i'm not saying she is rude in the least but if i was her i'd probably have help there too its just smart and le-what the fuck did he just say- do i run now? No just sign it to todd he seems pretty cool and will never know the difference anyways.

By her own admission she listens to English music and doesnt need a translator -Watches movies in English and same thing.All moot points as again if she was sent txt and approved the questions then was considerate to answer it would or could basically be all translated anyways or either ways.That is if it was even an issue which believe me or not none of this matters as it isn't going to happen anyways.

Last but not least it would be all puff piece questions and we wouldn't be asking her to write then put to speech some Nabokov audiobook. All though that might be a pretty cool idea now that i just thought of it.

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams