Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

i think the guy who wrote the analysis for j'en ai marre i translated is the sick one
Old 07-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I have to agree, he took it a little far with that J'en Ai Marre analysis. I'm sorry I ever read that. I think, though, it was intented to be humerous, but just got a little out of hand.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Alizée Lover!

Kenjay! is on a distinguished road

Wow french songs can be a tad dirty. I think shes just talking about all the sh** happening in her life although you never know.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Le fan irlandais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjay! View Post
Wow french songs can be a tad dirty. I think shes just talking about all the sh** happening in her life although you never know.
Remember two things.

1) Mylene wrote them not Alizée.

2) These are just one person's view of the meaning of the songs, Mylene/Alizée may never have intnended it to be interpreted like that.

Bear that in mind when reading them. (Paticularly the J'en Ai Marre one)

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
1) Mylene wrote them not Alizée.
True, and I doubt Alizée suggested the masturbation idea. That sounds pure Mylène to me. However, I also seriously doubt that Alizée was as shocked or offended as some people on this thread have been once Mylène explained it and/or she figured it out for herself. She probably found it amusing. (I do, too.)

Quote:
2) These are just one person's view of the meaning of the songs, Mylene/Alizée may never have intnended it to be interpreted like that.

Bear that in mind when reading them. (Paticularly the J'en Ai Marre one)
There are some other songs where I think the interpretation is more open to question. This one seems fairly obvious. For example, I'm not completely convinced (on reflection) that Coeur déjà pris is about a dead lover after all, although that's possible. And there's a theme of telepathic contact across separation in space and time to A contre-courant that no interpreter has identified yet.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Deepwaters, I at first found the analysis funny, but when I started reading further into it it kind of became awkward and I got feeling I have never had before. Not because of the idea of maturbation (it relieves stress, and has been shown to have benefits), but beacuse it had to do with Lili. I know she has had sex, but it was still weird.

Maybe it was because of the graphic terms ( I am not new to graphic terms, but still something bothered me), and the fact Lili sings it. Stuff like the "sperm in mouth" thing. I know this not unnatural and happens all the time with people, but it was weird.

The only way I could describe the awkward feeling is like being a dad, and having your daughter's maturbation and sex life explained to you in vivid detail. I know I shouldn't be disgusted and I am not, because it is just what humans do, but it really bothered me in a way I have never felt. Maybe it's because I feel a strong connection with Lili. A somewhat protective bond with Lili.

I am not uncormfortable about sex, but something about that analysis just made me feel awkward and somewhat sick which is weird because I have heard some pretty sick things about masturbation and sex.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Le fan irlandais

^
Tye you hit the nail on the head, there. After reading that I didn't find it funny, yet, deep down, I knew that if it hadn't have been about a Lili song, I would have found it hilarious that someone would look that deep into it.

I never even really look at Lili in a very sexual way, in the first place. While, obviously she is very, very attractive, and it is only natural to feel attracted to her, I still don't very often think about her in that light. I more think about her in a relationship way. I know i'm not describing it well but I'm doing my best.

For example, if I looked at someone like Adriana Lima, I would see there beauty, and wouldn't see much else. I wouldn't feel anything other than sexual desire, but for Lili it is very different. While there is desire, a lot of it is non-sexual, most of it infact. But, at the same time, I find her just as attractive, if not more so, than Adriana Lima and whoever else you may imagine...

Sorry, I still didn't get my point across well..

But, does anyone else feel the same?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
^
Tye you hit the nail on the head, there. After reading that I didn't find it funny, yet, deep down, I knew that if it hadn't have been about a Lili song, I would have found it hilarious that someone would look that deep into it.

I never even really look at Lili in a very sexual way, in the first place. While, obviously she is very, very attractive, and it is only natural to feel attracted to her, I still don't very often think about her in that light. I more think about her in a relationship way. I know i'm not describing it well but I'm doing my best.

For example, if I looked at someone like Adriana Lima, I would see there beauty, and wouldn't see much else. I wouldn't feel anything other than sexual desire, but for Lili it is very different. While there is desire, a lot of it is non-sexual, most of it infact. But, at the same time, I find her just as attractive, if not more so, than Adriana Lima and whoever else you may imagine...

Sorry, I still didn't get my point across well..

But, does anyone else feel the same?
Killian, I like you have a high respect for Lili.

Lili is very special to me and has influenced me a lot. Especially in regards to what I want to do and where I want to live. She has introduced me to a wonderful culture, and has made me so happy.

My connection and love for her is not of sexual desire ( not that she is not desirable). I feel like I am disrespecting her and violating her by thinking of her in a sexual way. I want to think of her as the wonderful person she is, and all the good accomplishments she has made. Not in a sexual way, because she deserves better.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Le fan irlandais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
My connection and love for her is not of sexual desire ( not that she is not desirable). I feel like I am disrespecting her and violating her by thinking of her in a sexual way. I want to think of her as the wonderful person she is, and all the good accomplishments she has made. Not in a sexual way, because she deserves better.
That is what I was trying to say, put into words that make sense.

I feel as if I am disrespecting her, even violating her privacy, and wouldn't want to do that to her, no matter what. I see beyond her outer beauty and into her inner.

"Beauty is only skin deep"...... Well, there's an exception to every rule .

Old 08-10-2007, 02:09 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Tye,
I think, if you're having the feelings that you describe, that it's worthwhile to keep in mind that these are song lyrics, and the singer is kind of like an actor, so it is very analogous to making the distinction between the character being portrayed in a movie and the actor portraying the character. Just as Alizee is not Lolita, she's not the lady in the bathtub either. Maybe that will be helpful? And, yup, she's had sex, and she has the end results to prove it

Killian,
I've made rather cynical statements on this before, but anyway, I think a lot of this has to do with media manipulation. Adriana Lima is a Victoria's Secret model; her job is to sell underwear, mainly by presenting a media construct of herself as a sex object. Alizée's media construct is very different, and, in my opinion, designed to inspire the sorts of feelings that you describe.

EDIT: I should say further that nothing I said is meant to disagree with either Tye or Killian.

Last edited by fsquared; 08-10-2007 at 02:15 AM..