Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default This is the best of the post Mylene Farmer era.

A few weeks ago, before DALS, I had the thought about starting a thread asking, is this the best time of Alizée's post Mylene Farmer era. I think as far as fans, up to that point, it has been. There has been the all the pictures she's tweeted, then there was Sony's promotion of the new album with the dj appearences and related interviews for 5.

After that there was her appearence on the show that was a tribute to JJG. Of course there was Les Enfoires which I think was an awesome show with her "fan" videos adding quite a bit to the show.

There was the Tour de France where she sang before the start of the leg that started in Ajaccio.

There was the birthday/autograph session but what for me was a incredibly fortunate decision that I did decide to go there and I caught again what was to me, maybe not the highest quality of photos, but photos that for me brought back why I enjoy following her so much.

I almost forgot the Olly Murs concert and what I think was an amazingly beautiful video of it.

Now we have DALS. I'm sure we all felt she would do well, but we had no idea of what she would be up against as far as competition and I think it's quite obvious, she's the cream of the crop. The only thing keeping the other dancers close, is not their performances, but their current popularity.

Now up until a few weeks ago, I wasn't sure that Alizée would consider this the best of the modern times because though many of her fans thought this was her best album, sales wise, it has not been doing well. Still because of all the different things going on, the promotions of her by Sony, the different appearences on the JJG tribute, L. E., Tour de France, I feel her popularity has slowly been gaining and now with DALS, it's been exploding, so I'm sure she would consider this the best of the modern era.

A lot that added to this era too is a new fan came along, Lapinschous who has been generous enough to translate every thing that has come along on just about a real time basis.

What I originally wanted to do with this thread was to was to put together a chronicle of events of this stretch, because it's been such a great stretch, starting with those Sony promotions, the ACDLA unofficial and official videos, but my schedule just hasn't allowed for it. So maybe someone else here might be interested in it and starting a new thread with it with the chronicle being the first post where it can be easliy updated and accessed, which would include photos and videos.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-14-2013 at 09:36 PM..
Old 10-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Agreed and quite frankly I think we have all been spoilt rotten especially just lately.

Edit:

Of course I wanna live forever and see her beauty still, but I don't think I will and that makes me sad, but maybe up there just like she said in the Olly Murs song.. we will meet again.

BTW Happy Birthday Scruffy.. just saw it over at AF although it's not showing here.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 10-14-2013 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I think so too. Things may have slowed down a bit during the summer but now it's a lot to keep up with if you're not here every day. And that's strange because, at least on AAm, there aren't as many active members this time around as say, the UEDS era (where there wasn't as much going on). It seems that many if not most from that generation of members are gone. Oh well, more for us This generation is not as big so far, but we are glad to have Lp among us!

Last edited by Fall; 10-15-2013 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: Removed the generations thing. Nvm :p
Old 10-15-2013, 01:26 AM

george007 is on a distinguished road

And I was lucky enough to join the forum during a golden era like this.
First, the new album and now, DALS. As I remember my first post in this forum was about DALS and I awaited this event with much enthusiasm cause we get to see her in a way we never saw her before.
If I had joined this forum in the UEDS era I could have been easily bored and left it soon after. But now, I feel like staying here for a few more years to see what would happen in Alizée's career in the future.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

well... my opinion:

Generally I think, Psychédélices is still on the top after Mylene era... I dont mean just album, but everything around it. We cant forget, it was her comeback to music, TV interviews, TV shows. We cant forget there was a tour, not log, but was. During Psychédélices, mexican fans had 3 chances to see Alizée: 1. The promo trip to Mexico, 2. Psychédélices Tour, 3. Lunas del Auditorio Awards. From all her "after Mylene" albums, only by Psychédélices were released many things from ordinary CDs, to remixes CDs, album vinyl, MJ picture vinyl, then MJ and FS remixes vinyl.

But when I look after UEDS, the yea... everythings whats going after UEDS/before release "5" and after it its much better and its happening really much more than by UEDS. BUt I think, its missing something from the Psychédélices... they totally forget her mexican fans...

Scruffy, I cant agree with you. I like to see her in DALS, she gets now more attention, but I dont think her popularity is exploding now... its still to early to compare, and with some of the negative articles in some magazines, we can hardly know what in the mind of french public.

Quote:
What I originally wanted to do with this thread was to was to put together a chronicle of events of this stretch, because it's been such a great stretch, starting with those Sony promotions, the ACDLA unofficial and official videos, but my schedule just hasn't allowed for it. So maybe someone else here might be interested in it and starting a new thread with it with the chronicle being the first post where it can be easliy updated and accessed, which would include photos and videos.
well something similar I made long time before, but never get a attention here...
Its like a documentation, of her activity before releasing "5":

I plan to make too a after "5" release video, something like I made with Psychédélices and UEDS

Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Dave,
Happy birthday! May you live to enjoy many, MANY more in good health, with happiness, and much success in your life.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 AM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

I am a recent fan of Lili and have not been around the days of her UEDS album. She was at the top of the world, but something happened that made her leave MF. I don't think we know for sure what it was. Maybe for the third album MF had plans to use Lili's body even more. Maybe Jeremy and people around her influenced and manipulated her into leaving MF. Maybe, someday, if she writes her autobiography, she will reveal the secrets. She looks like a very nice and kind person, but the image of Lolita is so strong, that i doubt it will ever leave her. Leaving MF, long breaks, ''conceptual'' albums and not being able to find her own style after She left MF did so much damage, that i doubt it is possible to fix it with even best promo.
I think 5 is a very nice album, but it had a very shitty beginning. A new album, especially a come back one, must be released with big bang. What did Sony do ? They released first single on fucking youtube, waaayyyy to early. And it was even not the right song. There are many nice, catchy songs on her album. Why chose the sad one ? When the first single failed, they should have gone imediatelly with the second one. But where is it ? Who knows about it ? There is not even a god damn video. How can mtv play it, if there is no video ? I think, if she ever does another album, she should dump that label and chose a better one.
I love that she is in DALS so much. I have never seen her so confident and happy. It's what she was learning from the childhood. Not singing, but dancing. It's what she does best and she feels much better dancing, than singing. I would love if DALS lasted forever. I think a ship of singing is long sailed for her and she really should try something new.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:24 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I would love to see Alizée be brought into films, but I realize that there are so many risque themes, and the requirement to do nudity, especially today, as morals have relaxed so much, that it would be difficult to find the right type of films that would allow Alizée to continue in entertainment and enjoy a successful career, without feeling as though she were abandoning her morals.

Whatever she chooses, it might become more difficult. My hope is that she finds happiness and contentment in whatever she chooses to do. Even at her young age of 29, the industry can be cruel, as they might be looking at her as middle aged, even though she is not.

Last edited by C-4; 10-15-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Stephen.

As far as Psych, it was probably a source of a great deal of pride and happiness for her, being it her comeback album and the success she had on her tour abroad, but most of that success in Mexico was due to JAM and ML. Though ML was about 7 years old at that point, the people of Mexico had only found out about it and JAM and the other great songs of MCE and Gour in the few years prior to her concerts there.

When she came back to Europe, she initially had 4 concerts scheduled I believe it was, then that was whittled down to 1 in Paris. That one was cancelled, rescheduled for 6 months later and cancelled again in a city that was then her home and dont try to blame the tour manager. The French public knew what she was capable of and the Psych show fell well short of that in the music and in the show.

So the fact she couldn't hold a concert or sell many cds in France had to be a major disappointment to her. I doubt if she ever really figured out why she did well in Mexico, but not in her home country.

Now we are seeing true success for Alizee. It's not based on JAM or ML or Psych or UEDS or 5. This success comes solely from her great dancing ability and it is happening right now. In fact, she more or less came in with a handicap. For some reason, it seems a lot of French people have something against her or maybe it's that they believe all her success was due to MF and LB. Now they are finding out she is a great artist in her own right.

You add on top of that how much this success she is having in front of Annily means to her, then as far as what Alizée thinks, I think she has to be bursting with happiness with the success she is having here. She might be somewhat disappointed that it's keeping her away from Ajaccio too long, but I think she can live with that for a while longer.

I've often wondered what it must be like when she gets together with her peers at Les Enfoires each year she goes. They probably ask her how her latest album is doing and when she will be holding a concert. It's probably a subject she quickly changes, but come january, they will all know of her success and there will be a million questions and there wont be any changing of the subject.

So for her, I'd say without a doubt, this has to be the best of the post MF times.

For fans here, I guess a lot depends on which album you like the best which will determine what part of this era you like. Before DALS came along, it was the non album, album (more on that later) that had me leaning in this direction, then DALS came along and the choice for me was obvious.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:14 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

It's definitely getting better. I saw this today.