Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2022, 02:29 PM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
That's an interesting but good move for Julia. In the Making of SEXTO video, you could see how Julia lacked confidence in her dancing ability, most likely due to her inexperience and youth. This will only help her career... but... maybe that is the question. What exactly IS her career now? She's dabbled in singing, modeling and now dancing. I wonder what will stick?
I'd go with the first option. Contrary to what the name of these Events implies, she has actually been performing for them as a singer, not a dancer.

I'd say she should be a lot more comfortable on stage now than at the Jean-Paul Gaultier Show in 2018.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:18 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
I'd go with the first option. Contrary to what the name of these Events implies, she has actually been performing for them as a singer, not a dancer.

I'd say she should be a lot more comfortable on stage now than at the Jean-Paul Gaultier Show in 2018.
If singing is her passion and her future, I will repeat what I said a long time ago. She needs to forget pop, at least the type where she would need to dance and sing. We already know she is not the next Alizee.

However, she is an amazing soprano. She was "discovered" by the nation when she sang "I Will Always Love You". She just stood there and sang and mesmerized the audience and judges. Some solo artists don't need a light show and backup dancers to grab the audience's attention.

She should concentrate on her natural talent, in my opinion. Modeling and all that might have been a fun diversion, but the clock is ticking and she is entering her prime years and could really exceed expectations with the right song set and manager.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:29 AM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Could Julia be representing France at this years Eurovision Song Contest? She recently posted a caption on Instagram (which has since been deleted) that showed a French Flag and #soon.

This years Eurovision Song Contest Final rounds take place on May 10th, 12th and 14th in Italy.

Edit:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLE9G5gW...jpg&name=large
Julia : un nouveau single?

https://www.mylenefarmernon-officiel...nouveau-single
Old 02-10-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
If singing is her passion and her future, I will repeat what I said a long time ago. She needs to forget pop, at least the type where she would need to dance and sing. We already know she is not the next Alizee.

However, she is an amazing soprano. She was "discovered" by the nation when she sang "I Will Always Love You". She just stood there and sang and mesmerized the audience and judges. Some solo artists don't need a light show and backup dancers to grab the audience's attention.

She should concentrate on her natural talent, in my opinion. Modeling and all that might have been a fun diversion, but the clock is ticking and she is entering her prime years and could really exceed expectations with the right song set and manager.
So far, she's only done that for SEXTO. And I think that's because Mylène and Laurent chose to involve Alizée as a sort of "passing of the torch".

She'll be fine.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rien View Post
Here's hoping. And if it involves Mylène and Laurent, even better!

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 02-10-2022 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-15-2022, 01:58 PM

The air is getting thicker as the latest rumor on this matter states, that the official announcement is imminent. Supposedly, the new title is called "Chut" (eng. "Hush"). No info on who's behind it, but Mylène should be a safe bet.

More on this, as it develops. Though a rumor should always be taken with caution.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:53 PM

https://www.zickma.fr/eurovision-eco...ion-francaise/

Julia is among that list. Songtitle included.

Another Website has reported on this as well, though unfortunately the Link no longer works. Perhaps an early Leak?
Old 02-15-2022, 08:04 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2022, 11:24 AM

Official Statement:

JULIA – "Chut"

Text and music: Julia Fiquet, Alban Lico, Fabien Mettay, Anton Wick

Julia was introduced to music at a very early age, during her childhood in Haute-Savoie. When she was 16 years old, she started posting covers on the Internet. Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat spotted her and decided to write an album for her: ” Passe…comme tu sais “, released in June 2020. Julia now takes off with a title she co-wrote, “Chut”. This song, which she wishes to Eurovision, plays with the codes and preconceptions that people have about her and the young women of her generation.

Interview:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Julia/...ew-120361.html

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 02-23-2022 at 07:14 AM..
Old 02-23-2022, 07:19 AM

67651.jpg

Julia's new Single "Chut!" is now available on all Digital Platforms.

Photo by Aubin Rebillard.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:57 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Attachment 3854

Julia's new Single "Chut!" is now available on all Digital Platforms.

Photo by Aubin Rebillard.
A good song imo, but after I listened to it, I didn't really care to listen to it a second time. It will be interesting to see how it is received in France.