Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry for jumping into the discussion like that, but unfortunately I am alergic to hazelnuts... though, I do remember how Nutella tastes like (the allergy developed at the age somewhere around 12-13).
Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
I'm sorry for jumping into the discussion like that, but unfortunately I am alergic to hazelnuts... though, I do remember how Nutella tastes like (the allergy developed at the age somewhere around 12-13).
That's what happens when you have discussion with Jenny every day.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The same order would imply similar quantities of ingredients.

Are they charghing Nutella prices?
For the most part.... I picked up the Jif at an upscale supermarket because it was convenient and I only wanted to get the one item, and I thought that store was most likely to have it. It was $4.25 for the jar, and the Nutella of similar size was $4.45. They had listed $0.30/oz for the Jif (14oz) , and $0.34/oz for the Nutella (13oz).

As you mentioned before, there are quite a few calories in a serving. Both products list a 2 Tbsp serving, the Jif is 230 calories, and the Nutella is 200. The stuff is tasty, but I tried it (hazelnut spreads in general) out of curiosity because of the Alizée connection, and in the spirit of AAm. I don't think I'll get anymore after both containers are empty though. All the calories from the sugar and oils....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
No need to apologize here. I've found this forum to be very tolerant of wandering topics for the most part, and I for one welcome everyone's thoughts, ideas, and comments. Welcome (back) to the group!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
For the most part.... I picked up the Jif at an upscale supermarket because it was convenient and I only wanted to get the one item, and I thought that store was most likely to have it. It was $4.25 for the jar, and the Nutella of similar size was $4.45. They had listed $0.30/oz for the Jif (14oz) , and $0.34/oz for the Nutella (13oz).

As you mentioned before, there are quite a few calories in a serving. Both products list a 2 Tbsp serving, the Jif is 230 calories, and the Nutella is 200. The stuff is tasty, but I tried it (hazelnut spreads in general) out of curiosity because of the Alizée connection, and in the spirit of AAm. I don't think I'll get anymore after both containers are empty though. All the calories from the sugar and oils....

No need to apologize here. I've found this forum to be very tolerant of wandering topics for the most part, and I for one welcome everyone's thoughts, ideas, and comments. Welcome (back) to the group!
Your post got me interested... I compared the organic chocoalte spread I use with Nutella and in terms of calories they are pretty similar (544 kcal per 100g in Nutella as compared to 550 kcal in 100g of organic chocolate spread I use), although the fat content is pretty higher in the organic spread - ~40g vs ~32g in Nutella.

Anyway, alergy or not, I prefer the taste of the organic chocolate spread I use now to every other chocolate spread I have ever tasted in my life (with or without hazelnuts), so no problems for me (except for the higher price of organic products).
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 AM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

In Italy is located original Nutella farm.Alizee please come to Italy to visit us..
Old 11-25-2012, 06:08 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Sure she doesn't read the forum.

Posted today on her twitter.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Sure she doesn't read the forum.

Posted today on her twitter.
Indeed, it does make you wonder ...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Thieves stole over 5 tonnes of Nutella recently... I just hope this won't affect Alizée in any way.

http://news.sky.com/story/1075280/nu...-spread-stolen

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Seemed to be a good enough thread to share this map in.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:24 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
A coworker brought to my attention today that JIF (the peanut butter people) now have a hazelnut spread of their own. Jumping on the bandwagon, I see. I don't know how I should feel about this. See the JIF website

I finally had a chance to try the Jiff version. Never again. It is not even close to Nutella in taste, and not nearly as smooth.

I'm staying with the original.