Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Will that SCSI drive be unreadable in the future and your collection will be lost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimaze View Post
You wanted to say how much you wanted to buy a new 4TB drive and clean out the Hub from top to bottom of all that Alizee goodness, then retire that SCSI as backup... just in case!

Glad I could help
That SCSI drive is a souvenir from my first (and only) job - Fujitsu, Ultra 160 SCSI, 18GB I am nowhere near to being able to download TBs from the hub, due to my internet connection... 2Mb download, blah You two were close, though

I wanted to give you an update as to how my thinking has changed since I last posted in this thread...

Mid-rant:
--------------------------------------------------
In the last 6 months, I've been in constant battle with the modern ideal of love, meaning of life, metaphysics and spirituality of people around me (both religious and non-religious alike), which at the first glance seems to encompass all you'll ever need in life, seems incredibly simple, with all its usage of words like love, happiness, depth, meaning of life,... but when you actually look at it more deeply, you notice how shallow and perverted it really is. Whenever I see people preach this modern quest for meaning of life, happiness, ... I hear a voice in my head that screams "get the fuck away!". For me, this modern spirituality and metaphysics is actually mind control for the masses. You explain them what you stand for in your life, what you want to do, how things are almost impossible, but you are going to try anyway, and they only reply "...how lovely. As for me, I just want to be happy." and then they feel so great, that they stress the word "just want to be happy".

I just hope that I've been around wrong people for all this time, and that I will be surrounded by people more like myself in the future. Sorry guys and girls, but my brain is that of an introvert, constant quest for pleasure and immediate satisfaction of my non-primitively-natural needs is not high on my list of what I want to do in my life.
I am a person of extremes, have my own problems I cannot deal with, my brain is hardwired in a way which rewards sadness more than joy, I have billions of faults I can deal with but do not, as I am too lazy and am angry at myself because of that some times... but you know what - there are times, when I wake up from my life and realize, that I basically live a life of a person I want to be, and at that times, I am the most proud and happy person in the whole world.

"Be proud of yourself and retain the child within you" is the only short advice I accept.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back to the topic - I've reread the posts in this thread, and I must say, that I am not that impressed by the posts here as much as I was 6 months before, when this thread was actual. My posts are the ones I disagree with the most. I called Alizée my symbol, even my muse, but never got around to properly explain what I meant by that.

Alizée is not a symbol of my childhood, nor of what I believe and stand for in life, not even of the seaside I soo adore. Alizée is for me only a symbol of another symbol, a transitive symbol if you wish. For me, she is a symbol of this symbol: Devant soi - 30s harmony - LB.

Yes, Alizée is for me only a symbol of something I've come to call Boutonnat's harmony, and this harmony is actually the thing I am a fan of, as for me, my ears and my brains, this harmony, this musical symbol, encompasses everything that is both good and bad in me, and everything I value in life. LB managed to capture this harmony, and he used it in one way or another in many of his works, while the best uses of this harmony can be found nowhere else than in his works done for Alizée. If you've noticed in the Articles and blog section of the forum, I am working on my own fan-creation. The primary purpose of this creation is to try to capture this harmony into the mathematical world.

In the end, without this harmony, Alizée would for me be just like Natasha St-Pier or any other female singer I would like and perhaps be a "fan" of. Beauty, being natural, being childlike, ... these are all the qualities of Alizée I would undoubtly recognize without her being backed-up by this harmony, but there would probably be nothing that would really bind me to her, which would be able to wake my interest up for her after 60 years.

Her beauty, her dancing, her voice, all the things one can learn or derive from her,... all such things pass and become replaced many times over by other things in life, but do try to play something like this LBs harmony I am talking about so much to an old man, who has long forgotten about it, and you'll be amazed by what things music can do.

Therefore, going nuts after Alizée after 60 years - plausible.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)

Last edited by Marka; 05-31-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

I'd tend to agree with Spanishfan on cloning her but the moral implications there of owning a life will be highly frowned upon by then . So the future tense Alizée-fans will probably all have Alizée-bots which will come fully programmed with all her songs and voice . Only problem is those fans will be kept in some human zoo for the robots .

Last edited by alizeefan; 07-09-2013 at 03:35 AM..
Old 07-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
I'd tend to agree with Spanishfan on cloning her but the moral implications there of owning a life will be highly frowned upon by then . So the future tense Alizée-fans will probably all have Alizée-bots which will come fully programmed with all her songs and voice . Only problem is those fans will be kept in some human zoo for the robots .
LOL!!!

Well they might be able to be clone everyone oneday but they will never be able to clone Alizée because she's one of a kind, moreover the Corsican Mafia wouldn't have it!!!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Maybe 60 years after she ends her career a Virginia Tech student will try to contact her former label and ask her to record a message

Quote:
Virginia Tech Student Asks Nirvana To Record A Video, Seems Unaware Kurt Cobain Is Dead ... Or A Man

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular
Old 03-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

After more than one year, my first post in this thread still makes me very sad... although, now I know that it is not about Alizée per se, neither my fandom, but what she represents to me. As Brian wrote, l'ange de la Corse. Yep, that is she.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 03-29-2016, 03:52 PM

Ajaccio is on a distinguished road
Default A statistical certainty

In my opinion, that's not very realistic scenario. Plausible, but not likely to happen.

I'm more concerned with a similar thing occurring in, let's say 10 years. Filming technology probably won't make any giant leaps in that time and her music videos will be still "watchable" then (not feeling terribly old-fashioned). The concern is, that someone stumbles across the Lili traps, especially J'en ai Marre and La isla bonita. And he feels the same as I did and many before me, falling victim to the Lili bug.

I have great faith in some people I've met that they'll remain loyal fans to the grave; but it's difficult to expect something like that if she really stops her singing career. It's no secret that there's fewer and fewer fans everyday. Yet, her last album was released barely 2 years ago and the forums are deserted. So I think it's safe to presume one won't be able to find many internet Alizée communities 10 years time. And falling in love with her in 2026 is something I believe might happen. I mean, will happen. And not being able to share it with like-minded people is going to be a tough thing.

But that's only my opinion; it might be completely false.

Last edited by Ajaccio; 03-29-2016 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-29-2016, 08:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think next year will be a pivotal year. This year we'll have the wedding and there will probably be a lot of different appearances that result from that and I'm sure there will be other programs she'll appear in otherwise. From a recent article, it seemed to hint she might be a regular on the M6 channel. So there will be plenty of things to keep up our interest.

What 2017 holds, I have no idea. I saw people losing interest here this past year and I said hold on till the beginning of the year. Then at least we'll have Les Enfoires which has produced some great Alizée moments, but she became a fill in for one of the DALS tours dancers and so we didn't have LE.

The Tournée produced some very good moments, but with few exceptions it was the same show night after night and she was singing a song that wasn't a good fit for her voice but she did look gorgeous in that outfit she wore when she sang that song.

Even with LE, it's not really what her fans want. Of course they want another album. With all her albums since she left MF, we've never seen any where near the full potential of what this woman is capable of and the way I mean that is in music videos. So much beauty, charm, dancing ability and I think she's shown us enough to say she has very good acting ability too, but they can't find a way to combine all those assets into some good videos. Alcaline was a great song and could have easily been turned into a good video, but the promotional efforts for that song, left so much to be desired.

If she want's another child, she'll probably have to put a bun in the oven in the very near future. You add the fact they'll be opening up a dancing school in Ajaccio ( I wonder if Ajaccio heard about that yet?). I tried to tell people last year to be optimistic for next year, but beyond this year, I see little on the horizon, at least as far as things we really want.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:35 PM

Djr654 is on a distinguished road
Default Not for the easily depressed

This thread affects me deeply. Both the original post, and the very thoughtful replies that follow, bring out some pretty strong emotions. This was true upon a first reading some months ago, and it is still true today, when I went through it again after logging on for the first time in a while and seeing this old thread resurrected.

The scenario outlined by the OP obviously has sad undertones. Although this concerned someone RE-discovering Alizée after a period of time, a more powerful concept for me is one alluded to by some others: that of someone coming across her for the FIRST TIME many years down the line, when she is long retired, this forum has gone offline (or at least is totally inactive), and there are just fragments of her scattered over whatever has become of the internet. I can imagine an old man, in the mid-2060s, say, coming across her early videos, going through the same intense emotions as I did when I first discovered her last year, and realising, too late, that here was the inspiration that he had been looking for all his life. She had been out there all this time, but only when the end is near does he finally stumble upon her by pure chance.

I'm not saying that this is likely to happen, but for me, all this is about more than just Alizée. The scenario described above mirrors my own fears, and is a metaphor for broader issues in my life. As it was, I missed out on Alizée's most active years, when she was producing what, in my opinion, was the best music, and I could very well have missed out on her altogether; if that video of her's hadn't come up as one of Youtube's suggestions, or if I hadn't clicked on it...

There is, of course, nothing to be gained by thinking in these terms, but that's just my temperament; I guess it's part of who I am. I haven't really explained any of this very well, but Alizée produces complex feelings that often can't be put into words. I guess that's part of what makes her so special. I'll just finish by saying that this thread hit me, and hit me hard.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I often think back that if I only had known about her, with my job, I could've easily flown over to see one of her concerts. But how knows, instead I might have put it off, as I did with the Mexico concerts, I decided to wait for one in Paris and it was cancelled. Back in 2003, I might have said, I'll wait till next year. She's so young, surely there will be more albums (with MF) and more concerts.

So I don't dwell on it too much. I'm thankful at least she's still active. DALS was great because we really got to see her back stage and probably got our best glimpse of what she's really like.

SAGA was another good story. So like I said, she's still active and I think there will be more great moments to come. Hopefully there will be some good videos of the wedding. Beyond that, I'm not sure what will happen but I'm sure it will be worth watching.