Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I don't like tats in general, and especially Alizee, a rare natural beauty. It is like painting graffiti on a Ferrari. We will never really know how it will effect her career good or bad. I can't help but think that Alizee has some level of disdain or disrespect for her blessed physical beauty. I would think that there are many women that would do about anything to have her natural good looks. Not only do her tats lack artistic flair, they aren't even quality work. Rin tin tin sucks. I can't believe that she see's them as a beauty improvement or enhancer, so I am left with that sense that she is trying to detract or tone down her essence of beauty for whatever reason. I do like her zaney sense of humor with the Snow white and the AK and even the pile of poop one, but definitely not on her body. I hope she really likes them, but for me it is the saddest state of affairs.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:53 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think the rebeliousness was there before the fame came along. As I stated before, if MF hadn't come along, I'm sure she would have gone on to college. She would have applied herself as hard to her studies as she has done to her dancing and she would have done very well. As far as the tatoos, she may still have opted for them, but I think she'd be more selective, more discerning about them, maybe getting ones of a similar style, but smaller that would for the most part be hidden in every day dress. She would have had the opinions of so many of her peers; a group that would have had a wider range of opinions and suggestions than that which she is exposed to today.

She has gone so far overboard now. Look at the picture that was posted the other day where she was in that black outfit and at that point she only had visible, the sailor moon tatoo on her arm and though I don't like it, she looked spectacular and very young in that picture, but that arm is such a mess now and that's no exaggeration.

I've said many time before that I look upon the Gourmandises video as the life she should have been living instead of acting it out in a video. Look what happened when she seperated from Jeremy, she moved right back to Corsica. I think that's an indication that outside of Jeremy, she didn't have a life in Paris that she really enjoyed.

I'm tormented at times as to what to say in here about this. She has brought so much happiness into my life, it kiils me to post something that if she read it, I know it would deeply hurt her, but the last thing I want to do is say nothing and let her continue on a path that I feel, is damaging her career, her love life and those closest to her. The only good thing about them is they seem to make her happy, but it might be at a price she may never realize.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-09-2012 at 08:57 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I don't like tats in general, and especially Alizee, a rare natural beauty. It is like painting graffiti on a Ferrari. We will never really know how it will effect her career good or bad. I can't help but think that Alizee has some level of disdain or disrespect for her blessed physical beauty. I would think that there are many women that would do about anything to have her natural good looks. Not only do her tats lack artistic flair, they aren't even quality work. Rin tin tin sucks. I can't believe that she see's them as a beauty improvement or enhancer, so I am left with that sense that she is trying to detract or tone down her essence of beauty for whatever reason. I do like her zaney sense of humor with the Snow white and the AK and even the pile of poop one, but definitely not on her body. I hope she really likes them, but for me it is the saddest state of affairs.
I think the self-vandalisation point is a good one - a kind of reaction against being valued only for your physical beauty. And, as you say, Rin Tin Tin appears to be little more than a ham-fisted graffiti merchant rather than a body artist but maybe that fits the pattern i.e. "will people still love me when I'm no longer perfect?"
Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Look at the picture that was posted the other day where she was in that black outfit and at that point she only had visible, the sailor moon tatoo on her arm and though I don't like it, she looked spectacular and very young in that picture, but that arm is such a mess now and that's no exaggeration.
She's a goddess!

A goddess with a tattoo. But a goddess nonetheless.
The Soshi offer we discussed previously is still open. Two timer times nine..and no tattoos!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skungpoomery View Post
I think the self-vandalisation point is a good one - a kind of reaction against being valued only for your physical beauty. And, as you say, Rin Tin Tin appears to be little more than a ham-fisted graffiti merchant rather than a body artist but maybe that fits the pattern i.e. "will people still love me when I'm no longer perfect?"
A friend from this site reminded me of when Britney Spears cut her hair off and made statements eluding to rebelling from her handlers in the music biz. Alizee may very well be rebelling for a similar reason. She may also just be tired of being a sex symbol all these years and ugly tats are a way out. Or it is just that strong willed personality that we love, doing exactly what she wants no matter what it effects or who likes it.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

It's very disapointing to find yet another 'tattoo' thread has been opened (no personal offence intended Scruffy).
It boils down to two things.
1. You like or dislike tattoo's in general
2. You like or dislike Alizee's tattoo's

If you don't like tattoo's, fine, don't get one?
If you don't like 'Zee's, that's fine too. She does. Get over it.

Respect her decision for what she wants to do with her own body. In the end that's all that's important here?

Last edited by Junkmale; 12-11-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
It's very disapointing to find yet another 'tattoo' thread has been opened (no personal offence intended Scruffy).
It boils down to two things.
1. You like or dislike tattoo's in general
2. You like or dislike Alizee's tattoo's

If you don't like tattoo's, fine, don't get one?
If you don't like 'Zee's, that's fine too. She does. Get over it.

Respect her decision for what she wants to do with her own body. In the end that's all that's important here?
Oh! thank you mother. You always know what to say. Why didn't I think of that. I feel all better now, NOT! Apparently you forgot to read the first post.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Yes the main reason was so those who like the tatoos could discuss whatever they wanted to about the tatoos, such as why she chose certain ones, or talk about the people who did them, etc, in the original thread without having to be upset by comments of those who aren't in favor of them and I think it's worked very well to this point, but it is key that you read the first post.

While we are on the subject, I wonder why she got so many more noticable tatoos on the right arm as opposed to the left. At first I thought that she might recognize the fact that it might not be that great for her career if both arms were covered, so she left one good profile for her performances, but that idea went right out the window with her recent video. As opposed to hiding it, she seemed to flaunt it.

I also thought maybe after she filled up her right arm that maybe Sony put a stop to her before she'd cover the left, but for them to do that meant they thought it would be bad for her videos and concerts but again, with this video, that would hardly seem to be the case. They did absolutely nothing to hide them.

So what is the reason for getting so many on one arm, while leaving the other one "relatively" uncovered? Is it just that she plans on filling up one arm, then the other?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-12-2012 at 04:19 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

This one tattoo character has to be the most ridiculous one she could have gotten so far.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM

I think the pop culture has accepted and even relished body graffiti. It stands to reason that Sony doesn't have an issue with tats. So many artists, atheletes, and people in general are getting tattoo's. That being said, I also agree that especially in Alizee's case it will be more of a detrement to all the possibilities in her career than a bonus. To what degree will be difficult to know. If there are potential fans like me, it will have a grave effect. Depending on the theme of a photoshoot for example, some shots just aren't believeable like the opening line scene of Alizee in the white classy dress in her new music video. Aesthetically it just isn't believeable. In fact even though it is touted as a Bond theme, most of the shots are her in an overcoat and or a dark profile of her. Was the theme or the video influenced by her tats? We will probably never know. I have a friend that has a fairly new corvette. He is being payed royalties by Jack Daniels to have JD logos and the # 7 on the side. Although he is being payed royalties, the vast majority of Vette enthusiasts would be turned off by the cheapening of the the look aesthetically if not just the distraction from it's classic beautiful lines. Yea it's still a vette. Yea it's still Alizee.