LXND3R is on a distinguished road

I would definitely like to receive an autographed CD made out to: Alexander
Old 02-23-2013, 03:01 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Im still in!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Hey Scruffy , we'll probably see each other at the VMS, but if If my examinations are delayed , then I'd like you to get me a cd made out to: Nicolas

haha, i know you're doing this for american fans first but since I'm currently held up in eastern europe till autumn it's hard for me to go back to france regularly ^^'

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

Likewise - if it does all prove possible and despite having ordered the collectors' box anyway, I'd definitely be on for one - in the name of John.

Thanks from me too regardless of how it turns out!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
Name: Jim.

VMS = virgin mega store? I thought they where shutting that place down?
There was an article to that affect that was posted last year on the internet. I believe it was supposed to close around april, but when the original release of this album was approaching last fall, it was still open. I posted an article about it's closing, months ago, in the first threadl. But even if it is still open, we don't know for sure that an autograph session for this album will be held there.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Hey Scruffy , we'll probably see each other at the VMS, but if If my examinations are delayed , then I'd like you to get me a cd made out to: Nicolas

haha, i know you're doing this for american fans first but since I'm currently held up in eastern europe till autumn it's hard for me to go back to france regularly ^^'
At the last autograph session with the VMS reply to our letter, they said something to the affect that Alizee was doing this for her American fans. I think that was an oversight that was made due to the nature of the name of this forum. We have dedicated fans from all over. Any member, any where can ask for one. Right now it looks like the total will be around 50. The more requests we get, the more likely it is that this will happen. If we start approaching 100, I may have to set a limit if I don't have anyone else helping me get these cds back home.

We will start looking for payment, once we know this will happen for sure.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-23-2013 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Hey Scruff, thanks for getting me one last time and I am truly grateful for it; however I am no longer interested in having another. Please allow someone else to get the chance instead of me.
Respectfully FRA~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I would love an autographed album. Name: "Travis"
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I'll find out in about a couple of weeks if I can go or not. I know depending on the outcome of her new album, this might be our last chance to see Alizee. I'm not counting on Les Enfoires either since she took a six-year hiatus before. I definitely would love to go especially if it's like last time. (Although, I'm not sure if I could handle staring at Alizee for half-an-hour! )

However, if I'm unable to go, I would love to get a signed copy to my name Jun.

I got one last time but it was signed for someone else!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I trried to PM, but your inbox is full.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:05 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

If it's not too late I'd like to have a copy of her latest Album CDs autographed as you mentioned. Many thanks on your previous helping. Make it out for - Frank. Perhaps this is the cover image? http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/alizee/5/

I know of what "lefty12357" and "ALS" stated; but I'm selfish. Gimme. gimme, gimme.

O'K. I'll have the one that "Future Raptor Ace" would have gotten.

What?

P.S. - I feel I should apologize for my absence recently. I've been doing research for a type of Wikipedia site insofar as the music of the teens, twenties into the 1930s; this primarily the female singers such as Ruth Etting, Jane Green, Aileen Stanley, Margaret Young, Esther Walker, etc. This the entering of pertinent information and cover images of Labels for 78 rpm records, etc. Two pretty decent ones were Lee Morse and Her Blue Grass Band and Annette Hanshaw. The Blue Grass Boys for Miss Lee Morse were The Dorsey Brothers, Miff Mole, Eddie Lang & Benny Goodman, etc.; all evidently before those same band members started up their own bands:

My research on Annette Hanshaw has revealed an interesting byline. Apparently it hasn't been conclusively determined who was the inspiration behind the Betty Boop composite character way back when: whether Helen Kane, Mae Questel or perhaps even Annette Hanshaw, or a combination of the three though Mae Questel is credited with the "voice" of Betty Boop. The other two did recordings in immitation of the same "voice" and one can hardly tell the difference, really. Anyways evidently Ruth Etting's husband was a big wig ganster type and he didn't want anyone having the top billing in place of his wife while she was under contract with the Columbia Record Company. He applied some pressure on the Head honcho of Columbia and this was during Prohibition Era and the Stock Market collapse (1929) so mob leaders had some power back then. Anyway Annette Hanshaw curtailed her recording career in 1933 into '34 but is still regarded as one of the premier recording artists of that era:

Just thought I'd explain myself. Hope you all don't mind. I know most of you probably aren't all that enthused about the Roaring '20s style but I find it quite an intriguing period of musical development. Hope I didn't hijack the Thread. Cheers.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 02-24-2013 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: updates