Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-01-2014, 07:54 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Hopefully if it's the end for AF, somebody else will start a new forum. We all need that forum with it's, multinational, multilingual, fan base. Come to think of it that kind of describes this forum too, but on a smaller scale. Our two forums have their different styles and I think that works out in a good way. It gives her fans more of a selection. If they don't like one, they can join the other and in that way still stay close. As much as I like and respect many of the AF members, I'd still rather we have these 2 forums instead of one.
If a new fan-site comes up, it won't survive for long. You just can't bring back all old members. They won't bother joining the site at all.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:59 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
If a new fan-site comes up, it won't survive for long. You just can't bring back all old members. They won't bother joining the site at all.
You would definitely lose some. I think one of the key words you used is "old". Me and you have spoken privately but also in this forum about that proverbial wall you hit in which your like for a certain performer, isn't what it was before. Look at a guy like Roman who was a dedicated fan, but things change over the years so I think those not necessarily older in terms of age, but fans who have been following her for a number of years are the ones who would lose that comfort zone in going to a different forum.

The main thing that would make a new forum successful in bringing in new members and bringing back old members would be Alizée. If Alizée's recent string of success and activity continues, then those members on the fence will want to keep in touch with what's going on and I think these forums offer a much better platform for fans than other things like Facebook. Another key to a new forum being successful as far as bringing back older fans is having some of the key members return such as Jenny and you too though I know since you've left college and started working, haven't had the time you used to have.

I hope AF survives this, but I think the timing is as good as it will ever be for a new forum to start up.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:08 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You would definitely lose some. I think one of the key words you used is "old". Me and you have spoken privately but also in this forum about that proverbial wall you hit in which your like for a certain performer, isn't what it was before. Look at a guy like Roman who was a dedicated fan, but things change over the years so I think those not necessarily older in terms of age, but fans who have been following her for a number of years are the ones who would lose that comfort zone in going to a different forum.

The main thing that would make a new forum successful in bringing in new members and bringing back old members would be Alizée. If Alizée's recent string of success and activity continues, then those members on the fence will want to keep in touch with what's going on and I think these forums offer a much better platform for fans than other things like Facebook. Another key to a new forum being successful as far as bringing back older fans is having some of the key members return such as Jenny and you too though I know since you've left college and started working, haven't had the time you used to have.

I hope AF survives this, but I think the timing is as good as it will ever be for a new forum to start up.
I'm not too optimistic about any new forum. I haven't seen any new forum which started in last 4 years is still doing well. I might be wrong about it though. Most of the forums started way back in 2002-03 - mostly English and French ones. Next set of successful communities were around 2007 when people were hoping for her return and she enjoyed some in Mexico in 2008. She was already popular there and a tour just helped those communities to grow. But since then most of the communities are probably shrinking in the terms of active members. There is missing enthusiam which would drive people to search more about her.

I do visit AAm time to time, but if you notice I rarely participated in long discussions about her even in 2009-10.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:38 PM

Well she has a lot of devoted fans in AF. These are not light weights who will give up easily. They will still want to be a close part of her life and her career and the best way to do that is through these forums. If a new forum has to be formed and it is along the same lines as AF with some of the "key" members returning, it will succeed.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

It came back up earlier this evening. Something about problems when updating or upgrading the vbulletin software caused the 'outage.'
Old 01-02-2014, 12:30 AM

Good to hear!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
It came back up earlier this evening. Something about problems when updating or upgrading the vbulletin software caused the 'outage.'
Yes that kinda stuff has happened before over there.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It looked like Alizée had trouble keeping up with that little girl!

Haha.. I see what you mean.. nonetheless objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-29-2014, 01:33 PM

Whenever I go to the AF forum and click on a thread, all it does is bring me to the donation page. I can see people are making recent posts, but I can't connect. Is anyone else having problems accessing the threads in that forum?
Old 01-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Nope. I can access threads there.