Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-16-2014, 01:32 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road
Default New Album- 2014 Discussion

I was lurking in the Mexican fan forum "Alizée Central", and read several posts regarding her new album for 2014. Apparently, she commented in an interview in the magazine "Télé7jours" (which according to the post, the magazine is coming out next Monday 20 January) that she will travel to Japan to record some of the songs- presumably in French and Japanese. Why Japan? According to the post, she has a Japanese friend who may have persuaded her to do so. Interesting.

There is a clear sense of urgency on her part, as evidenced by her recent decision to not participate in Les Enfoires, in favor of working on her new album. Seems like a good move on her part- capitalize on the momentum and recent "re-discovering" of her by the French people, and arguably others throughout the world as a result of her winning DALS. In light of the lackluster sales performance of "5" (unfortunate- I really like the CD!), she seems focused on getting back on top of the charts. Strike while the iron is hot?

Anyone here know more about about this?
Old 01-16-2014, 03:51 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Well, just like what they said: "Strike while the iron is hot!"
Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

from what I know from AFrance, these songs will be not for her new album.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:47 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

The hot iron is in France, due to her DALS show participation. We all know how hard it was to see this show from outside of France, and only people who were already fans made the effort to see it. She has to make an album for France, and hope that people will buy it. I can't imagine her marketing Japanese language songs outside of Japan. But maybe it will be a fun project for her that somehow takes off.

I think it is important to get the new album out quickly, but I'm still very surprised that she isn't doing the Enfoires show.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
In light of the lackluster sales performance of "5" (unfortunate- I really like the CD!), she seems focused on getting back on top of the charts.
I'm actually surprised that "5" didn't do as well as I thought it would. I'd say out of the solo albums she has released, "5" was the most enjoyable one for me. The entire album overall was very good, and had high replay value.

When I think about UEDS and Psych, sure there were good songs on there, but most of them I would skip over or get sick of pretty quickly. At one point I even thought "maybe I should give up on expecting her to ever release a really good solo album". But with "5", I had a totally different experience. By then, I was already pretty much over my honeymoon phase with her, so I was able to look at the quality of music rather than viewing it all through the "I LOVE YOU LILI" lens. And I have to say, I find "5" to be far superior to the other two solo albums in overall quality and replay value. I can actually listen to the whole album and not skip tracks.

Again, kind of surprised that "5" didn't do that well.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 01-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

I can't wait for what she will come up with next... !

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Its coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up!!!

Maybe the new album will have some Gorillaz themed songs on it.. I understand Alizée liked them back in 2007/2008.

Never did no harm, never did no harm, never did no harm!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-18-2014, 11:27 PM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post

Maybe the new album will have some Gorillaz themed songs on it.. I understand Alizée liked them back in 2007/2008.
I can totally see her doing something like this song! It's got a catchy tune to it and her songs that are playing in a seemingly endless loop in my head, have this kind of catchy sound to them.

I hope she also records songs that play well to her voice and that connect with the French people. I am looking forward to the new album

Last edited by Wizard; 01-18-2014 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-04-2014, 03:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well the tour is over and it looks like march is wide open for her to start working on this new album full time. I think most people agree that the popularity from DALS will quickly fade, because unlike when you come out with a good song, it get's played over again. With the tour, it's done.

Of course they seem to know this and are trying to put this album out as quickly as possible. So what does everyone think is a realistic timeline?

I have to believe that this trip to New York was mostly for scenes for a new video. Wizard mentioned possibly a trip to Japan for something related to the album but from what Karin said, it probably wont happen. If it did, it would have to be very soon, but I'm counting that possibility out.

So if they have been working on this and want to get it out asap, I would think the first song would be released by St Patty's day and a second song on April fools day????

By that time a collector's set should be offered. No delays this time. It be better off to go without one than to wait.

So I'd look for the new album to be released by the end of April. Do you think that's too soon?
Old 03-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So I'd look for the new album to be released by the end of April
mission impossible

Edit:

btw... we have a thread for the new album about a half year

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7666

so please post everything there

Last edited by Karin; 03-04-2014 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags