Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
mission impossible

Edit:

btw... we have a thread for the new album about a half year

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7666

so please post everything there
Sounds like a good job for our new mod, if he has that power? He must remember, with great power, comes great responsibility!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Sounds like a good job for our new mod, if he has that power? He must remember, with great power, comes great responsibility!
This thread is in the discussion section, the other is the news section.

Looks like this discussion is in the correct place.

Carry on.

Edit -

I wonder if they will not release a physical CD this time, and make it digital only. I would like to have a physical CD of course, if only for the better audio quality. I guess also to have something to collect. Either way, I do still hope for some kind of edition for the fans. I think she'd want to do that.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 03-04-2014 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: Carrying on
Old 03-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
This thread is in the discussion section, the other is the news section.

Looks like this discussion is in the correct place.

Carry on.

Edit -

I wonder if they will not release a physical CD this time, and make it digital only. I would like to have a physical CD of course, if only for the better audio quality. I guess also to have something to collect. Either way, I do still hope for some kind of edition for the fans. I think she'd want to do that.
Well then I guess we'd better stick to discussion here and post only news over there.

So back on topic. I agree Ray, I believe she said the same of the hat box for 5. I'm also hoping for a CD, collecting them even if it's only a few things is nice. Plus, the more the merrier when standing in line to get them signed I don't know about the album being released so soon. The video idea is good though, get a single out there, maybe a snippet of it first. And then release the music video, rather than just the song alone on Youtube where it can be downloaded easily. That's all, no need to have everything done beforehand, as long as it's not too far ahead of the album release, like what happened with 5 and ACDLA
Old 03-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Last Fan Standing

Thinking some more about this upcoming album... The industry isn't like it used to be. Does anyone know anymore how to effectively create, promote, distribute an album? This stuff is changing so quickly, what worked last year might not work today. I'd hate to be the one to have call all the shots. I hope Alizée can find a balance between creating the album she envisions and one that will be a big hit. Assuming of course, she wants a big hit.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

She can make all the albums she wants but they will fail each and every time if she does not get out there and promote it herself by doing concerts. Concerts, meet and greets and merchandise is where the money comes from. She's good at putting out an albums and letting it die quickly after with no tours or concerts.

She also needs to fix her merchandise she is selling. I remember the cat scarves for $ 100...
Old 03-06-2014, 11:34 AM

Well 5 wasn't an impressive album at all. She chose the songs which I think was a big mistake. It was like she chose to rap her self through an album instead of finding songs she could sing. She's not going to impress anyone that way.

Of course the biggest mistake was the big delay between ACDLA and JVB. I believe the b.s. reason they gave was it was a busy time of year and it was best to wait a while to release it, but I think the real reason was they knew the album wasn't that good, in fact I'll bet it was close to being cancelled and they instead decided to tweak it and make some improvements in the hope of saving it. But that delay was probably a fatal mistake for the album.

But I think Sony did a great job promoting her. She had numerous dj and other appearances before and after it's release in fact it seemed they kept promoting her even after it seemed obvious the album wasn't doing well.

There are three things I think Alizée would like from an album.

First of all, as I said, I think Sony, despite making some mistakes, tried to do a good job for her with 5. I believe they set a goal of 15,000 to call it a success which seems like a modest goal. I think one thing she wants is to at least reach that goal for the sake of Sony.

The second thing I think she wants is to be able to hold a few concerts.

The third thing I think she would like most is in the few months after the album is released, is to be driving around Corsica with Annily by her side and to have some of her songs come on the radio occasionally.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-06-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Old 03-06-2014, 01:50 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

again her mistake... eh

- the album was finished in summer 2012, with 11 or 12 songs; why there was such delay? I can tell, but I will not do it.
- Alizée wanted Je Veux Bien for first single, but Sony preffered ACDLA... really everything mistake of Alizée?

Quote:
She chose the songs which I think was a big mistake.
I would say something... but I don't want to get another heat attack...

Old 03-06-2014, 05:42 PM

Please say it Karin. It may trigger a discussion, but it wont trigger an attack. We all highly regard your opinion and that is especially true of me
Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Fan Standing

Quote:
Please do say it. This is the reason many of us come to the forum, to learn about and try to understand Alizée and her work.

Quote:
We all highly regard your opinion and that is especially true of me
And me.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Elderly Alizée fan

pepon66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yes, say it... fight! fight!.. cool!

Tags
alizee 2014, alizee new album, new album