Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-15-2014, 04:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default 'Blonde' Album autograph session (not for signups)

Mod Note : To sign up for an autographed 'Blonde' CD please visit this thread: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7750

It might seem way too early for this, but I think it's time to be thinking about another autograph session. I think it's very possible that the new Album might be released by the end of April. As I mentioned at the last autograph session, I'm at a Point where I'm too old to be representing this Forum and I'd like to find out if someone else might possibly be considering going over there.

Of course everything hinges on the first song. If it doesn't do well, all bets are off.

Even if we find someone else, I still plan on going over. I probably wont even get in line, just watch from a distance. With the Little time I think we will have, there may not be time for someone else to collect Money from members who want a cd and I will again front the Money from members I trust. I would want to go over too to bring back the CDs. It's a miracle that so Little damage was done to the CDs, the way Sony shipped them last time.

I think the best we could hope for is a Situation like last time where Alizee was only able to sign her Name to the CDs. Would members still want one if that was the case?

If by some miracle, they set up a private session for us, if someone else from the states made it over, then I don't think I'd go into that private session. I think if she knew the things I had to say about her, she wouldn't want me there, but I don't think she would hold it against the Forum. But I'd still go over and do this in Support of her and for the members of this Forum.

Of course it all depends too if I can get someone to cover for me at work. If I cant, there is no way I can go, but I don't think that will be a Problem at this Point.

By the way, I'm using a European Computer and Keyboard which is Auto correcting and capitalizing words it shouldn't.

Another Thing I wanted to do is I believe I still have about 7 autographed CDs from 5. I just haven't had the time to try and sell These the way I did before. So what I was thinking of doing is selling them on E bay and any Money I make which I really don't anticipate to be much will be used towards the buying CDs of the new Album, that includes the Money which I fronted to pay for These CDs to begin with.

So is anyone out there considering going over?

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 05-30-2014 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Adding link to the signup thread
Old 03-15-2014, 06:01 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think it's very possible that the new Album might be released by the end of April.
well according to latest rumors, its planned for June

Old 03-15-2014, 07:42 PM

In these days of piracy, it seems to me that would be way to long to wait, but I know little about how the average process goes. Never the less, we can still get an idea of who might be able to go over. There's also the possibility of having one of our members from Europe representing us, such as Bigdan, Lapinschous or Karin.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Yep, I heard the beginning of June. Right now, I doubt I would go. How many CDs could we get signed? There are a few problems I can see that weren't really issues in the past.

If this single takes of and the momentum carries until the album release, there might be many more people there to meet her, like the sessions after DALS. They may limit people to one or two items to be signed. Among other issues.

I'm kinda holding out hope for a concert or something like that to attend.

But if anyone thinks they would like to go, it's an amazing experience. If you are just thinking about going and have questions, please ask.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:13 PM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

I would like to go, but I couldn't. It would be the best day of my life, but...
I hope that we will have the chance to get autographed CDs of the sixth album...

Old 04-04-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Yep, I heard the beginning of June. Right now, I doubt I would go. How many CDs could we get signed? There are a few problems I can see that weren't really issues in the past.

If this single takes of and the momentum carries until the album release, there might be many more people there to meet her, like the sessions after DALS. They may limit people to one or two items to be signed. Among other issues.

I'm kinda holding out hope for a concert or something like that to attend.

But if anyone thinks they would like to go, it's an amazing experience. If you are just thinking about going and have questions, please ask.
An autograph session seems more like a pipe dream at this point. A lot more has to happen before one can take place. I kind of wonder what's going on with the album. It seems like they should've been quick to follow up the release of the song with a video and they haven't. Is it another case of poor planning on Sony's part?

If it does happen and I'm involved in some way, I'd like to shoot for at least 100 cds at this point which is a manageable amount to carry back. If there is one, I don't think they'd put a limit on how many one person could get signed. I think they more or less rely on people not being greedy, but of course there will be on or two greedy ones in the group. I certainly couldn't get in the line and ask for 100 to be signed.

If we were to shoot for 100, what I would do is send that request to Sony. Now it might be unrealistic to hope they might set up a private autograph session, but it could happen. Last time she was in the middle of a busy period which had a major influence on why she didn't have time to sign them on that day. So maybe it's not that unrealistic, but I think the thing that is more likely, something I might suggest to them is if they can't do it on the day of the signing, maybe they could set something up where in the few days before or after the signing, they have her sign them at her leisure and I'd pick them up at some point later on. That way it's more likely we'd get them personalized which I think means a lot more to fans. With my job, there's no guarantee I could get there on the day of the signing, but I'd definitely be able go at some point following it. I'd rather hand carry them home. It's a miracle none were broken the way they shipped them back to me last time.

So those are just some initials thoughts I have.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-04-2014 at 06:56 PM..
Old 04-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I kind of wonder what's going on with the album. It seems like they should've been quick to follow up the release of the song with a video and they haven't.
They did audition for dancers Wednesday this week for the Blonde clip and for TV performances. I expect it will be recorded soon. Looks like we need a thread for the Blonde clip.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 04-05-2014 at 06:42 AM..
Old 04-05-2014, 03:20 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I expect it will be recorded soon.
to be precise: on the 12nd April in Paris.

on topic: IF an autograph session is going to happen in June I won't be able to go. I'll be on holiday abroad in May for two weeks which is enough for one year and I already planned nearly the rest of my entire holiday in 2014. Well one year ago I could hardly know that Alizée would release a new album in 2014. I would have never believed it anyway.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:36 PM

One of the reasons I like doing this and I don't mind risking my money is to support her. I feel that a lot of the fans who sign up for an autographed cd, wouldn't buy a cd at all unless it was for this opportunity. Maybe this time around, we can shoot for a higher number, let's say 150 cds, especially now where I think we'll have exposure to more fans through Facebook. The difficulty there is in getting the cds back in one piece. Shipping can be fairly expensive, but if we get that many requests, or even more (200 maybe?), I will find a way to get it done. Maybe this time around there will be a way to collect the money up front, but again if there isn't and things happen on short notice, I will front the money, even if I don't get the chance to meet her for the reasons mentioned in the opening post or any other reason. The object is to get as many cds sold for her as we can as a forum.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Count on me for my copy...