Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 11:35 PM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road
Default Has Alizee ever song a Edith Piaf song?

My co-worker was watching the movie La vie en rose about Edith Piaf. We got to talking about it the movie and Edith. We were wondering if Alizee has every done any covers of an Edith Piaf song. I know Edith song primarily in the 40s and 50s but I know she was popular.

Anybody know?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Alizée Acolyte

BrianB is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I would be ecstatic if she did because I love Piaf's songs. It would be the greatest singer of the 21st Century singing the songs of one of the greatest of the 20th Century. Unfortunately, I can't find any evidence she has. However, I did find a weird bit of trivia while looking. It appears that Marion Cotillard, who won the best actress Oscar for playing Edith Piaf (well deserved, I might add) played a character named Alizée in a movie called Cavalcade.
http://marion-cotillard.org/projects...aphy/cavalcade
Quote:
She plays Alizée - the girlfriend Léo has at the beginning of the film. However, he's too busy partying to notice she's depressed. She leaves him and goes off to find a new life. Although she only has a small part she leaves a big impression and makes you want to hit Léo in order to realize what he's missing. She may come off as selfish for not returning back to him when he realizes how much he loves her and yet we're happy for her that she's found her place in life.
Anyway, for fans of Ms. Cotillard she's in the movie Public Enemies with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale coming out this summer. I can't wait for that.
Brian