Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 09-23-2019, 07:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was doing some surfing on the web and I stumbled upon this video for which I recognized the name of the duo, or is it her name alone....not sure. But I remembered years ago they had done an instrumental or is it a cover song of J'en ai marre?

Edit:

I found this info about the two.....

"......With 11 albums, Arcano has positioned itself as one of the greatest exponents of instrumental music in Mexico.

Erika and Vick del Real Alvarado born in Tepic, Nayarit learned to play piano at age 5 and have since worked hard, their mother Clara Alvarado taught them discipline and perseverance are keys to success.

Erika on violin and Vick on the synthesizer, have achieved a unique sound resulting from a fusion of acoustic and electro sounds. In each of their albums, you’ll find a harmonious blend of different genres and styles that will astonish you.

Among of their hits is “Vallarta Summer” dedicated to Puerto Vallarta, the city that got them known, the duo of brothers is presented on the boardwalk on weekends and wrap us with their talent at sunsets, their ability to convey emotions through their music is simply exquisite......"

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-23-2019 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-24-2019, 10:51 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was doing some surfing on the web and I stumbled upon this video for which I recognized the name of the duo, or is it her name alone....not sure. But I remembered years ago they had done an instrumental or is it a cover song of J'en ai marre?

Edit:
Wow! I am very impressed. The girl's eyelashes in the first video gives Alizee some competition though.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:41 PM

Every once in a while, Alizee had posted a picture with some type of message on it, kind of like a post card.

Now this is one I'm quite sure she posted. It's in my 'Alizée' file where I only put Alizee stuff. Maybe Fall remembers this. Now under properties, the earliest date it show is under 'modified' and it shows 29 October, 2013. Now it could have been from much earlier in the year or who knows when, but if it is from then, the timing is very interesting.

The previous year she had separated from Jeremy and moved back to Ajaccio. At some point after that, she said I guess instead of trying to look for another mate, she was going to devote her life to raising Annily.

So the modified date was when she was well into the Dals season 4.

So if she did indeed post it, could it be she was starting to have feelings for Gregoire and this is why she posted this?

But if my failing memory is correct, I think it's more likely she posted it around Valentine's day.

529473_564701823551578_437965376_n.jpg
Old 12-18-2019, 04:54 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

But if my failing memory is correct, I think it's more likely she posted it around Valentine's day.
It's sad when people post stuff like that. If she did it, I guess it's because she was still suffering: if you need to prove that you don't care, you care a lot.
Anyway I don't know when she could have posted it, but I tend to think that it was before Dals. Posting it during the show would have been too "direct"; Grégoire might have thought that he was the target and this would have put their working relationship at risk for no reason.
If it was posted during the show, I think it could be due to something that Grégoire did, but I don't think so. And anyway it's a childish way to solve a problem.
But as I said, I think she was still suffering, she wasn't at her best and it could be anything. But I can't doubt her kindness :/
Old 12-18-2019, 06:17 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

ali.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/f2RKbOtoQ4/

Alizee posted this on Oct 24, 2013. It google translates to

"Each person we authorize
love, is someone you risk losing"

This was during the kind of beginning of DALS I believe. She probably liked Gregoire and was having trouble taking the risk after what seems to have happened with Jeremy. I'm glad she did, she got a good guy this time

Last edited by imverynuts; 12-18-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Old 12-19-2019, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
It's sad when people post stuff like that. If she did it, I guess it's because she was still suffering: if you need to prove that you don't care, you care a lot.
Anyway I don't know when she could have posted it, but I tend to think that it was before Dals. Posting it during the show would have been too "direct"; Grégoire might have thought that he was the target and this would have put their working relationship at risk for no reason.
If it was posted during the show, I think it could be due to something that Grégoire did, but I don't think so. And anyway it's a childish way to solve a problem.
But as I said, I think she was still suffering, she wasn't at her best and it could be anything. But I can't doubt her kindness :/
When Alizee told Greg the story of her separation during DALS 4, she said she was still in love with "the father of her daughter" (she didn't say his name). Not that she still loved him, but that was still in love with him. Big difference. Alizee spent 10 years chasing a man who wouldn't, or couldn't, love back. That is 10 years of rejection, and add to that she felt like a complete failure.

A death of a marriage is almost as bad as the death of a spouse. You go through all the stages of grief. Shock and denial, pain and guilt, anger, depression and finally acceptance. The whole thing is a nightmare and people do things that are normally out of character. In my opinion, her posting that valentine's meme shows she was probably in the midst of anger/depression. Her 5th album revealed a lot of pain, and that is why it is so hard for me to listen to it. Alizee worked through her grief in a way that felt right for her at the time, but it's not to say she might have said or done things she regretted. There are people that start risky behavior during or after a divorce, but at least Alizee had an anchor which helped keep her centered, which was Annily.

It probably wasn't so easy for Greg either at first. He probably had to do a LOT of listening. She entered his life with a good amount of baggage along with a daughter that wasn't his. He had to have shown a great deal of patience. But the payoff was huge. Alizee the last few years has been like a brand new woman who has left the past behind. I wish them well.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:43 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Alizee spent 10 years chasing a man who wouldn't, or couldn't, love back. That is 10 years of rejection, and add to that she felt like a complete failure.
I don't know. I don't think the whole period of her marriage was bad for her. We don't know what problems they had and when they appeared. Saying "10 years of rejection" seems unfair to me and I think also to Jeremy and Alizée herself. I think there is some truth in "5", but I wouldn't take everything literally. Her feelings are quite clear though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

It probably wasn't so easy for Greg either at first. He probably had to do a LOT of listening. She entered his life with a good amount of baggage along with a daughter that wasn't his. He had to have shown a great deal of patience. But the payoff was huge. Alizee the last few years has been like a brand new woman who has left the past behind. I wish them well.
Alizée showed a lot of courage and Grégoire strength for that "baggage". They deserve all the good their life has to offer them.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 12-19-2019 at 04:50 PM..
Old 12-20-2019, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I don't know. I don't think the whole period of her marriage was bad for her. We don't know what problems they had and when they appeared. Saying "10 years of rejection" seems unfair to me and I think also to Jeremy and Alizée herself. I think there is some truth in "5", but I wouldn't take everything literally. Her feelings are quite clear though.
It was quite apparent at first they were crazy about each other. Having a baby so young and early in a relationship puts a strain on things, I don't care who they are. I think at that point they found out how different they were. Where are the family photos? Outside of a few paparazzi photos when the baby was very young and a few staged photos of Alizee and Jeremy together, there is an obvious void. I noticed even the magazines had to merge two separate photos of each of them together on the cover when there was an article about them. This is not a good sign.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:49 AM

I think Jeremy really was her soulmate. She would have done anything for him. She would have taken a bullet for him and I think he initially felt the same way for her, but as they struggled after her leaving MF, I think he was disappointed by the lack of success he thought they would have and their struggles took a toll on him and his love for her where she, even if they wound up living in cardboard boxes in the streets of Paris, would have loved him no matter what

I'm sure she hung on way after there was obviously no hope.

Then Gregoire came into the picture. In the first few weeks of Dals, she was still deeply in love with Jeremy and thought there could be no other. In that second week of Dals, she said to Greg " A love like this, I think only comes once in a lifetime". At this point, maybe he felt there was a chance for them (him and Alizee), but hearing those words, I think must've been a bitter pill for him to swallow and you can see the dejection in his face which in all the videos of the 9 weeks of Dals, you never see, but luckily for him, Alizee did fall in love with him. It's a great story and I hope it continues for eternity.

Greg dejected.jpg
Old 12-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
In the first few weeks of Dals, she was still deeply in love with Jeremy and thought there could be no other. In that second week of Dals, she said to Greg " A love like this, I think only comes once in a lifetime".
Her loyalty is an amazing attribute that she has. Loyal people like to have loyalty returned. Have you every wonder why Alizee loves her dogs so much? My guess is loyalty, and dogs are well known for that.

The downside of being so loyal is that it sets her up to be disappointed by people who don't share that quality. Alizee had a fit of jealousy when Greg was scheduled to dance with a particular woman that Alizee felt very uncomfortable with (I forgot the women's name). The lack of trust Alizee had for Greg at that time along with the woman didn't come from nowhere. Somewhere in the past her loyalty and devotion was taken for granted, in my opinion.

It is very apparent that Greg is totally in love with Alizee. Staying devoted to her would be so easy. As long is this doesn't change, he has her for life.