Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

A wise man once said, "We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children".
Old 07-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
Why should they suffer as a consequence of our mistakes? They would have every right to complain, if they were born into a destroyed world. Think about it from your own perspective. If you had been born to a country which had been destroyed by war and famine many years previously, so as all those involved had died, but your country was still a place where quality of life was near zero, how would you feel? Would you want to accept the consequences of your ancestors actions? Would you ignore the historical reasons? Of course not, they would be who you would blame and curse.

Your attitude is very selfish, as the people 200 years from now may be your children's children or their children, so they would be connected to your grandchildren or your great grandchildren. So they would be deeply connected to you. They would be your flesh and blood. And they would be born into a destroyed world, because of our generation's ignorance and selfishness.
I don't mean to seem selfish. I do care about life. But alot can change for the human race in 200 hundred years. There is no reason to count your chickens before their hatched.

About children, I love kids. Babies and kids get along with me very well. If I had kids, caring about them wouldn't even be a question. I would do anything to keep them healthy, even at my own risk. I would give my life for my kids. Of course I would care what kind of world they grow up in. However something else that is going to help my future kids is me getting a good job with a good income, a good house, and a loving caring wife. I need to worry about these things first then worry about the world my kids are going to grow up in.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I don't mean to seem selfish. I do care about life. But alot can change for the human race in 200 hundred years. There is no reason to count your chickens before their hatched.
About children, I love kids. Babies and kids get along with me very well. If I had kids, caring about them wouldn't even be a question. I would do anything to keep them healthy, even at my own risk. I would give my life for my kids. Of course I would care what kind of world they grow up in. However something else that is going to help my future kids is me getting a good job with a good income, a good house, and a loving caring wife. I need to worry about these things first then worry about the world my kids are going to grow up in.
That's okay. It was wrong of me to judge you, anyway. Sorry.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 07-26-2007 at 12:31 AM..
Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
That's okay. It was wrong of me to judge you, anyway. Sorry.
Don't be sorry. I know that what I was saying could sound very selfish.

I hate topics like this. There fun to debate, but they can turn some nice people against each other.

Last edited by Tye; 07-26-2007 at 01:41 AM..
Old 07-26-2007, 02:18 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Also consider that choosing quiet paths that actually make a difference in the world is much more important than choosing boistrious paths that merely have the appearance of making a difference. The media seems to be attracted to people who focus on the latter. Be cautious of what the media reports. Gain a good education. Establish critical thinking. And discover for yourself the paths that truly make a difference.

Last edited by OGRE; 07-27-2007 at 02:23 PM..
Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 PM

That's good advice, Ogre.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:39 AM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Don't be sorry. I know that what I was saying could sound very selfish.

I hate topics like this. There fun to debate, but they can turn some nice people against each other.
people who form hatred or grudges over peoples beliefs are weak minded people, sadly alot of these people exist :/
Old 07-27-2007, 03:43 AM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

just changing your old light bulb to a new energy star light bulb makes a huge difference and don't forget to swtich them off when not needed

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 07-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atra201 View Post
just changing your old light bulb to a new energy star light bulb makes a huge difference and don't forget to swtich them off when not needed

It isn't really an everyday energy consumption in a household that is contributing to the "problem"

The burning of fossil fuels is a more serious event, which if reduced, might help some things.

Anyways, this turning off your lights idea is silly to me, so while you guys are doing this, my house, which has alot of lights in it, is going to be lit up like christmas to even everything out, I'm also going to plug in ever appliance I have, and for all of you people who turn off the water while you brush your teeth, my bathtub is going to be running non stop for a week

Old 07-27-2007, 06:26 AM

josh982 is on a distinguished road

well........................
the people that thinks this idea may help do it the ones who dont ,dont do it
there are so many things we can discuss but the point is to send a message telling that we care not only for the human beings but also for all the species
that lives in this planet